pixeltracker

Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF

Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#1Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF
Posted: 6/1/21 at 2:19pm

Well, I just got an email from the new Managing Director of BroadwaySF (since ATG's purchase of the theaters from Nederlander)..

They're dusting off the set which has been sitting in the Orpheum Theatre all these months and will do four weeks beginning August 10, before packing up and moving to LA for the extended run there.

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#2Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF
Posted: 6/1/21 at 2:39pm

MarkBearSF said: "Well, I just got an email from the new Managing Director of BroadwaySF (since ATG's purchase of the theaters from Nederlander)..

They're dusting off the set which has been sitting in the Orpheum Theatre all these months and will do four weeks beginning August 10, before packing up and moving to LA for the extended run there.

"

I wonder if this will be the LA Cast, who would then transfer? Taylor Iman Jones was supposed to play Peggy/Mariah in LA pre-shutdown, and I'd love to catch her performance in SF if possible.

I was saddened that Hamilton SF never got a sendoff, and this feels like closure. I haven't been into San Francisco much since the pandemic started, but it was hard driving by the Orpheum and still seeing all the Hamitlon signage up.

SFCowboy
#3Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF
Posted: 6/1/21 at 2:39pm

If you're a BroadwaySF subscriber, check your email. Tickets are on sale now. I just snagged 4 seats front row "loge" dead center, and "only" $185 on a Tuesday night.

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#4Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF
Posted: 6/1/21 at 7:07pm

What was particularly encouraging is that employees were notified before the press release under the new Managing Director from ATG. Under past ownership, we might get an email, but it would always be after all of the other groups.

Timon3
#5Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF
Posted: 6/2/21 at 3:20pm

So did Hamilton play any performances Los Angeles for the second time before Covid struck?

If I remember the Puerto Rican became the 3rd US company, it then went on to play San Francisco? Was this company going on to play Los Angeles after San Francisco? Or was there going to be a brief sit down in both cities at the same time?

There is 3 companies on the US tour, when it recommences. So will the Los Angeles production be a stand alone production? What happened to the cancelled Toronto production? is this going ahead, given it is playing other lesser Canadian cities later on.

The tours are playing some obscure cities, given the tours hasn't played major cities such as Miami, Detroit or Minneapolis these got cancelled because of the pandemic, so i assume the mentioned obscure cities, the production team signed pre-covid contracts and have to honor these?

Normally a big tour will sit down in a big city for the whole holidays, such as Chicago, Boston or Washington. Hamilton isn't doing this, they may have to honor existing contracts with promoters?

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#6Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF
Posted: 6/2/21 at 4:13pm

Well, the Phillip Tour was in Toronto when it was shut down. The show was playing a 3.5/4 month run, and only played 6 weeks (I think?) of that run. 

Last I heard the set was still installed at the theatre, due to the boarders being closed. There was a rumour of a Toronto sit down, but I have no idea. 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#7Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF
Posted: 6/2/21 at 4:23pm

The San Francisco and Los Angeles sit downs were separate. There was indeed going to be an overlap of the two companies, because I believe San Fran was intended to close up shop on august of 2020. LA would’ve opened in April of 2020. The LA sit down was just an extension of the Chicago sit down and was using the same “Eliza” nickname.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Bwayornoway
#8Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF
Posted: 6/2/21 at 7:33pm

The set of the Los Angeles sit down of Hamilton has been in the Pantages throughout the pandemic as they were rehearsing before the shut down.  They moved the opening date up to 8/17 in Los Angeles as everything was set to go.

The SF sit down is still in the Orpheum as well and is going to tech there before becoming the 3 national tour- with added performances in SF in August.  

Timon3
#9Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF
Posted: 6/2/21 at 8:38pm

With the set still in the Orpheum Theatre makes sense to do a month there, as there is still demand to see Hamilton, it then looks like the 3rd National Tour is then going to Sacramento and San Jose both close to San Francisco, so anyone in the San Fran area need another Hamilton fix can.

So it is possible to have the 

Broadway production at the Richard Rogers

3x National Tours.

Los Angeles sit down.

Toronto sit down.

Once Toronto/Los Angeles is done cannot think of another American city, where it could sit down for a extended time?

Timon3
#10Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF
Posted: 6/4/21 at 7:59pm

So as the Toronto set isn’t a sit down and is the 2nd tour, will this make sense for the set to move to where the 2nd tour recommences at? So depending on demand in Toronto, which they can gauge from the shortened 1st run, if there is a demand would it make sense for the Los Angeles production to move to Toronto when the Los Angeles run is done and sit down n Toronto?

Then maybe moved to the reported sit down in Vegas?

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#11Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF
Posted: 6/7/21 at 5:22am

Timon3 said: "Once Toronto/Los Angeles is done cannot think of another American city, where it could sit down for aextended time?"

Is DC too close to NY for a sit-down?

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#12Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF
Posted: 6/7/21 at 9:13am

Not sure DC could sustain a sit down production.  Hamilton was in DC during the summer of 2018 and tickets were very hard to come by then.  Another engagement was scheduled for summer 2020, and we all know how that went.  Tickets went on sale just prior to everything being shutdown, and were very easy to come by.  No line at the box office.  I was in and out and 5 minutes.  It's on the Kennedy Center schedule for 2022.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Timon3
#13Hamilton to do 4 weeks in August in SF
Posted: 6/7/21 at 7:10pm

The tour have just announced they playing Philadelphia for 6 weeks, that is close to Washington.

I am surprised the tour hasn’t played Miami, it was announced, but cancelled due to Covid. It did play West Palm Beach. Miami is one of America’s biggest cities, but seems strange why Hamilton hasn’t been there and it hasn’t got a big theatre scene?