pixeltracker

Les Miserables Staged Concert on Broadway?

Les Miserables Staged Concert on Broadway?

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#1Les Miserables Staged Concert on Broadway?
Posted: 7/23/21 at 12:47pm

I’ve watched the 2019 Les Miz staged concert and was absolutely blown away by it! Makes me wonder if that version should either come to Broadway or maybe even do a tour version in the states. What do you all think?

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Les Miserables Staged Concert on Broadway?
Posted: 7/23/21 at 12:55pm

Ha! I was actually going to ask this very question a couple weeks ago but completely forgot. The staged concert (the one on video now) was strangely the best production of LES MIS I’d ever seen live and think it could work very well here with some big names another “All Star” event.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3Les Miserables Staged Concert on Broadway?

I'm not sure who else around here remembers the fan-made print newsletter The Barricade, but Richard Jay-Alexander (or at least I'm pretty sure it was him) once mentioned the idea of touring a concert of the show to venues that weren't physically able to host the third national tour — back when the only way to legally see the show was to have an official Cameron Mackintosh production come to you, or vice versa. I want to say that was in the mid or early 90s. I'm kind of surprised it never happened. And I'd love to see it done here!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#4Les Miserables Staged Concert on Broadway?

At the time of the shutdown, there was already a US tour of the 2014 B'way revival (reduced orchestra, no turntable, etc.), which still has not announced new dates just yet. Have to think it'll be soon though. 

I'd love to see the staged concert version make its way to B'way, but I doubt it will actually happen. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#5Les Miserables Staged Concert on Broadway?
Posted: 7/23/21 at 2:41pm

After hearing Stokes sing “Stars” the other night, I’d so love for him to play Javert in a Broadway concert of this.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#6Les Miserables Staged Concert on Broadway?
Posted: 7/23/21 at 6:08pm

I would love this! If you have not rented the concert film on Amazon, you are truly missing out. Stellar cast with some refreshing performances, and always a surprise how fast the 3 hours fly by.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#7Les Miserables Staged Concert on Broadway?
Posted: 7/23/21 at 6:15pm

The most recent concert excellent. I saw it twice in the movie theater and bought it as soon as it was available in the US. Something about it is just fresher and more organic than the previous two concerts, though those were also enjoyable (and formative for many!). Maybe it's that most of the cast is not as well-known, or that they'd already been doing the show for quite a bit of time together and it wasn't a one-off thing.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#8Les Miserables Staged Concert on Broadway?
Posted: 7/23/21 at 7:47pm

yes, i so hope this version would come stateside, and bring Alfie Boe with it

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 7/23/21 at 07:47 PM