Flea Market Photo Booth 2021

Dollypop
#1Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/27/21 at 4:07pm

Random thought here:

Will the current COVID situation cancel the photo booth this year?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#2Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/27/21 at 4:39pm

I hope so!

I don't expect any meet & greets, stage dooring, backstage visits, etc. for quite a long time, especially if talent is concerned of being accused of touching or "grooming" on top of health concerns.

I'm surprised they even let media in the building to interview actors at Waitress and other shows, but they desperately need press/sales.

Updated On: 8/27/21 at 04:39 PM

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#3Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/27/21 at 11:08pm

By the same token, how is proving vaccination status going to work? I know it's not an indoor event but it still feels like something the health department is going to be nervous about.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/27/21 at 11:13pm

I’m so curious what crowds will be like. There will (i think) be only two shows playing on the streets of the flea market this year, so pre/post show crowds won’t be an issue. Plus tourism still isn’t “back” so hoards of folks just wandering over isn’t going to happen. Add to that the people who will just be uncomfortable in crowds still and I have NO idea what it’s gonna look like.

Dollypop
#5Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/27/21 at 11:24pm

I'm thinking even the autograph table will have to be revised under these conditions

LightsOut90
#6Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/28/21 at 9:41am

there is no way this ends up happening

Dollypop
#7Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/28/21 at 4:35pm

LightsOut90 said: "there is no way this ends up happening"

I'm tending to agree with you.

PlayItAgain
#8Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/28/21 at 5:04pm

I mean considering equity won't even allow stagedooring our backstage doors to happen how is there possibly going to be an autograph table or photo booth this year?

I think they would be b etter off pushing this to the spring perhaps?

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#9Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/28/21 at 5:39pm

There will be absolutely no actors there. That’s a guarantee. If it happens it will be the typical garage sale hopefully with vaccine requirements, capacity limits, spacing and masking.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

VintageSnarker
#10Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/28/21 at 5:51pm

I don't know you enforce capacity limits and spacing for the flea market. If you only let a few people browse a table at a time, you're just going to create a bunching up of people waiting to get to the table. You can't really make something like this a ticketed event where people sign up for certain timeslots. Masking is probably the best you can hope for.

Dollypop
#11Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/28/21 at 7:05pm

Bettyboy72 said: "There will be absolutely no actors there. That’s a guarantee. If it happens it will be the typical garage sale hopefully with vaccine requirements, capacity limits, spacing and masking. "

Drat! I was hoping this would be my chance to meet the legendary Swit!!!

Updated On: 8/28/21 at 07:05 PM

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#12Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/28/21 at 10:38pm

Bettyboy72 said: "There will be absolutely no actors there. That’s a guarantee. If it happens it will be the typical garage sale hopefully with vaccine requirements, capacity limits, spacing and masking."

Feels like they'd need more than their typical two blocks to have proper spacing. Capacity limits feel like they'd be even tougher to enforce; it's outdoors on city streets, open to the public.

Starting to agree with others here that in the end they have to cancel and try to sell things online again.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#13Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/29/21 at 1:05pm

msmp said: "Bettyboy72 said: "There will be absolutely no actors there. That’s a guarantee. If it happens it will be the typical garage sale hopefully with vaccine requirements, capacity limits, spacing and masking."

Feels like they'd need more than their typical two blocks to have proper spacing. Capacity limits feel like they'd be even tougher to enforce; it's outdoors on city streets, open to the public.

Starting to agree with others here that in the end they have to cancel and try to sell things online again.
"

I actually don’t think it would be that hard to enforce capacity.  Set up blockades around the perimeter and one way in, one way out. Since they won’t need volunteers for celebrity events just use them directing people to the entrance and exit and along the blockades. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

bway0
#14Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/29/21 at 2:10pm

I’ve been to flea twice (2018 & 2019). Both by chance and when I bought tickets for shows it was earlier in the year before flea date was announced. On both occasions, it was packed, hot, and gave me such a bad headache that no amount of Tylenol helped. That said, I’m sticking to the online auction haha

I’m having a hard time seeing how they’re going to police this event if they do make it vaccine only and masked. Im not going so Im not following what protocols have been announced, if any. But I do wonder if they’ll have volunteers standing at the end of the streets checking cards/apps and hand stamping people who pass their screening. If I remember the autograph table is inside, right? So my best guess is that the only way this is possible is making fans show proof of vaccine and wear masks inside the entire time. Unless they do an outside table but I still think they’d require at least a vaccine for that. It’s like a month away so I guess closer they’ll announce more info

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#15Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/29/21 at 10:16pm

When I've gone, the autograph table has been outdoors but either on the porch at Junior's or right in front of it under a tent, not fully indoors.

Dollypop
#16Flea Market Photo Booth 2021
Posted: 8/29/21 at 11:21pm

There was one year when it was raining, so they moved the autograph table and the photo booth into the upper lobby of the Minskoff Theatre.