MRS DOUBTFIRE Cast recording?

aces25 Profile Photo
aces25
#1MRS DOUBTFIRE Cast recording?
Posted: 1/28/22 at 5:41am

Any talk of a MRS DOUBTFIRE cast recording? 

Updated On: 1/28/22 at 05:41 AM

joshdog2014
#2MRS DOUBTFIRE Cast recording?
Posted: 1/28/22 at 7:06am

Analise Scarpaci said this during her broadway.4me takeover yesterday to the question “will there be a Mrs Doubtfire cast recording”:

”This is a common question. I wish I had a better answer for you than it’s coming soon. But it’s coming soon”

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#3MRS DOUBTFIRE Cast recording?
Posted: 3/23/22 at 3:45pm

Confirmed: the cast is due to enter the recording studio for the Original Broadway Cast Recording of Mrs. Doubtfire!

When more details are made public, I will start my usual OBCR thread.

Edited: it has also been confirmed that Avery Sell will not be continuing with the show upon its scheduled April 14 reopening. Could she be on the cast album? And are there others who have potentially played their final performances in Doubtfire

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 3/23/22 at 03:45 PM

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#4MRS DOUBTFIRE Cast recording?
Posted: 3/23/22 at 5:09pm

^Avery posted on Instagram that she will be recording the album. 

Her Instagram is private so I can’t link to the post, but she did mention it. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

willep
#5MRS DOUBTFIRE Cast recording?
Posted: 3/23/22 at 7:14pm

Analise is the only of the three kids returning.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#6MRS DOUBTFIRE Cast recording?
Posted: 3/23/22 at 7:23pm

Analise is also the only "kid" who is not actually a "kid" IRL!

I'm never opposed to children having short runs in musicals. Broadway is tough and they should be able to go back to normal life and school and friends and whatnot. Jake is also quite tall now and creatively it may work better if the character is a little younger-looking...

willep
#7MRS DOUBTFIRE Cast recording?
Posted: 3/23/22 at 9:12pm

Yeah, I completely appreciate them giving everyone their jobs back post pandemic, but Jake in particular had clearly outgrown the role when I saw the show in January.

MattieIce2018
#8MRS DOUBTFIRE Cast recording?
Posted: 3/24/22 at 12:36am

willep said: "Yeah, I completely appreciate them giving everyone their jobs back post pandemic, but Jake in particular had clearly outgrown the role when I saw the show in January."

I agree - they even had to do some re-arranging for Jake's voice post-shutdown since it had changed. He used to sing in unison with Avery during What the Hell (there's video on YouTube of one of the very early promo performances, I think at BroadwayCon in January 2020) but they added a lower harmony for him when the show came back.

SouthernCakes
#9MRS DOUBTFIRE Cast recording?
Posted: 3/24/22 at 1:44am

I’ve never seen such a paint by numbers production. Nothing felt fresh or interesting. At least Tootsie had an interesting score. (both had terrible / basic designs) 

BritCrit
#10MRS DOUBTFIRE Cast recording?
Posted: 3/24/22 at 8:24am

SouthernCakes said: "I’ve never seen such a paint by numbers production. Nothing felt fresh or interesting. At least Tootsie had an interesting score. (both had terrible / basic designs)"

At least Tootsie had "What's Gonna Happen", another addition to David Yazbeck's line of wonderfully desperate patter songs. I would like to see the Doubtfire cast album released for completeness' sake, but I don't think there are any songs I would be interested in hearing...

(I'm also ticked off by the way these two musicals have poisoned the well for Some Like It Hot, but that's a topic for another time...)