Hudson Theater Seating

KRaser1
#1Hudson Theater Seating
Posted: 2/9/22 at 1:41pm

Hi all...I have a stub hub credit from early Covid and I was going to use it for Plaza Suite. Based on my dates of availability, the best I can get for a party of 3 is Row S in the orchestra which is nearly the back of the theater. I haven't been in the Hudson before and was curious if the overhang was very intrusive or if there are generally good views. I know all of this is subjective, but I appreciate any opinions that could help in my decision. Thanks in advance!

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#2Hudson Theater Seating
Posted: 2/9/22 at 2:11pm

I honestly would recommend front balcony if you can’t get front orchestra. It is a SMALL theatre and the balcony is incredible (you can even see facial expressions!). One of the best fheatres on Broadway.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#3Hudson Theater Seating
Posted: 2/9/22 at 2:37pm

I have been there twice. Downstairs seating was fine. I sat in the first row Balcony for "1984" and it was awful. No leg room. 

Check out "A View From My Seat". There are some pics from the area you are looking at.

Just give the world Love.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#4Hudson Theater Seating
Posted: 2/9/22 at 2:38pm

The balcony sucks, try to get as close as possible in the orchestra, the overhang is not obnoxious. 

Updated On: 2/9/22 at 02:38 PM

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#5Hudson Theater Seating
Posted: 2/9/22 at 3:12pm

There is nothing up high worth seeing that an obstruction would get in the way of.

Not much to see down low, either, TBH

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6Hudson Theater Seating
Posted: 2/9/22 at 3:38pm

Were they still offering the package, pre-pandemic, where you could get a drink and snack before the show and access to the lounge on the upper level? I did that for "1984". It was really nice and not expensive. I suspect that if they plan to continue the offer, it won't come back for a while. I didn't see it offered for "Plaza Suite".

Just give the world Love.

sparklingtonic2
#7Hudson Theater Seating
Posted: 10/23/23 at 12:38pm

Can anyone comment on the views from the Orchestra first row? The photos from A View from my Seat seem different for each show. (For A Doll's House, the front row view looks fine; for Head Over Heels, the stage looks too high.) If you've sat there, especially to see Merrily We Roll Along, it would be great to hear what you thought.

yyys
#8Hudson Theater Seating
Posted: 10/23/23 at 1:08pm

I'm pretty sure you will still have to look up (the front row were sold as rush for both Head Over Heels and A Doll's House).  I would prefer to sit in row E-H if I had the money.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#9Hudson Theater Seating
Posted: 10/23/23 at 1:24pm

Considering that most of the action takes place on the second step up, I think the front row looks very far from ideal, and certainly not worth the premium prices they're charging for it:

Hudson Theater Seating

sparklingtonic2
#10Hudson Theater Seating
Posted: 10/23/23 at 7:14pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Considering that most of the action takes place on the second step up, I think the front row looks very far from ideal, and certainly not worth the premium prices they're charging for it..."

Thank you, yyys and Taffy! I see what you mean about the step. I booked the tickets for Orchestra Row E. Can't wait for the show!

Videos