John Golden theatre

sarge3
#1John Golden theatre
Posted: 3/13/22 at 4:13pm

Is the front row TOO close for Hangmen.  I remember the stage being lower then many theaters.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2John Golden theatre
Posted: 3/13/22 at 4:21pm

SLAVE PLAY.  Orchestra Center, Row B, seat 109:

John Golden theatre

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#3John Golden theatre
Posted: 3/13/22 at 4:24pm

I was in the first or second row (2 years ago, can't remember) but yeah, it's pretty low. The only issue is there is one scene (not to spoil cause the set is really cool) that takes place on the second level. But I had no issues. 

hollebolle
#4John Golden theatre
Posted: 3/13/22 at 4:31pm

My recollection is the stage is pretty low compared to other theaters. I sat up close for Avenue Q and loved it. My ticket stubs say I was in row CC, though I'm not sure how that translates for Hangmen since that row isn't on the seating chart. I remember being in the second row on the side so there wasn't anyone in front of me. Perhaps they added rows for Avenue Q, in which case the front row for Hangmen might be even better.

Bwaygurl2
#5John Golden theatre
Posted: 3/13/22 at 5:15pm

The stage is very low. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#6John Golden theatre
Posted: 3/13/22 at 6:33pm

Let's try to remember that what people are calling "the stage" is a deck the elevation of which is show-specific. Let's also remember that, post-pandemic, set designs incorporate protocols that did not exist pre-covid. The point is that one must take the "advice" here with a grain of salt unless and until someone comes along who can tell us that they have seen the aforementioned deck. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#7John Golden theatre
Posted: 3/13/22 at 10:55pm

From the 2020 run. Definitely lots of looking up from the front row:

John Golden theatre

Updated On: 3/13/22 at 10:55 PM

BrodyFosse123
#8John Golden theatre
Posted: 3/13/22 at 11:26pm

Wow. You’d only see the tops of actor’s heads if they’re behind that bar set.  The first 3-4 rows are horrible for this.  

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#9John Golden theatre
Posted: 3/14/22 at 2:20pm

I sat in the second row, I'm 6'2' and had no issues.

BrodyFosse123
#10John Golden theatre
Posted: 3/14/22 at 2:29pm

RippedMan said: "I sat in the second row, I'm 6'2' and had no issues. "

I’m sure if you sat on the floor between the first row and the stage, you’d STILL see perfectly.  cheeky

JasonC3
#11John Golden theatre
Posted: 3/14/22 at 2:34pm

I'm 6'6" and have a front row seat for April.  Sorry for everyone right behind me.

sarge3
#12John Golden theatre
Posted: 3/14/22 at 4:13pm

Please help me choose between orchestra center F106 and front mezzanine A107???

BrodyFosse123
#13John Golden theatre
Posted: 3/14/22 at 4:23pm

sarge3 said: "Please help me choose between orchestra center F106 and front mezzanine A107???"

Orchestra Center, Row F, 106.  This is a perfect seat.  You’re slightly above stage level so you have a clear full cinematic view.  

Robbie516
#14John Golden theatre
Posted: 10/31/22 at 4:36pm

Any word on what will play here in the spring? Top dog Underdog ends January 15th

Jarethan
#15John Golden theatre
Posted: 10/31/22 at 5:08pm

I saw Slave Play from the first-row center and I thought that it was a great seat.  I recall looking up slightly, but no more than I do to watch TV.  On the other hand, despite it being a small theatre, I feel very far away when I am in the rear orchestra. and I don't think there is much if any of a rake.  For a small theatre, I find the rear of its rear mezzanine seems much further from stage than a lot of slightly larger theatres.  I also remember the leg room as being great.

I will admit that I have always liked sitting close, except for musicals with a lot of choreography, in which case I prefer looking down from the mezzanine.  

Updated On: 10/31/22 at 05:08 PM

hearthemsing22
#16John Golden theatre
Posted: 10/31/22 at 5:17pm

Nothing has been announced. Perfect time for Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? to come back...I wish! 

Robbie516
#17John Golden theatre
Posted: 10/31/22 at 5:37pm

Maybe Eureka Day? 

Videos