Patti LuPone concert TONIGHT

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#1Patti LuPone concert TONIGHT
Posted: 5/9/22 at 11:56am

Is anyone else going to the concert at Lincoln center tonight? After just seeing Company yesterday, I’m so excited for back to back Patti days! Should be a thrilling evening. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#2Patti LuPone concert TONIGHT
Posted: 5/9/22 at 11:59am

I can’t wait.

Would love to hear her sing from Evita.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#3Patti LuPone concert TONIGHT
Posted: 5/9/22 at 12:04pm

Since she’s going to be drawing songs “at random” from a hat, I’m sure there will be all her signature songs! Evite will definitely be included so here’s hoping she picks that one!

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#4Patti LuPone concert TONIGHT
Posted: 5/9/22 at 12:58pm

FYI –– There are a good deal of tickets left, in both the orchestra ($150) and loge ($75). If she was performing with an orchestra I'd jump on tickets, but appears to be piano-only.

As for the hat, that's more of a novelty gimmick than anything else –– they're all going to be songs she regularly performs in concert and has in her rep.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#5Patti LuPone concert TONIGHT
Posted: 5/9/22 at 11:24pm

Wonderful night! 

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#6Patti LuPone concert TONIGHT
Posted: 5/10/22 at 12:29am

Wow! What a treat! She just owned that stage. Getting to hear her do Everything's Coming Up Roses and Anything Goes live was just INCREDIBLE!!! The three West Side Story songs were amazing! Somewhere and A Boy Like That both had me in tears, although for very different reasons, of course! Her Moon River was something else too! Just a fantastic night!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#7Patti LuPone concert TONIGHT
Posted: 5/10/22 at 9:53am

Was there any ALW stuff in there?

OhHiii
#8Patti LuPone concert TONIGHT
Posted: 5/10/22 at 10:11am

I was also there last night and I have to say she wasn't in the best of voice last night. I mean the woman is doing 8 shows a week and recently recovered from COVID, so I don't want to overstate. I think the biggest factor was the setlist wasn't particularly showy vocally aside from the clear standouts Everythings Coming Up Roses and Somewhere. Very clear why she didn't do anything from Evita or Meadowlark per my earlier observation.

Still an incredibly special evening to see her in her favorite theater and soaking up being solo on stage. She had the entire house in the palm of her hand. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#9Patti LuPone concert TONIGHT
Posted: 5/10/22 at 11:04am

Maybe here is a good place to share my one gripe about her great COMPANY performance:

she is SEATED for the entirety of Ladies Who Lunch. And I think that is a design/directing failure above all (she’s in tall heels on a tall stool and needs help getting down). That song begs for Joanne to stand at some point, especially since this production is so in-your-face. The song would land better. 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#10Patti LuPone concert TONIGHT
Posted: 5/10/22 at 11:24am

OhHiii said: "I was also there last night and I have to say she wasn't in the best of voice last night. I mean the woman is doing 8 shows a week and recently recovered from COVID, so I don't want to overstate. I think the biggest factor was the setlist wasn't particularly showy vocally aside from the clear standouts Everythings Coming Up Roses and Somewhere. Very clear why she didn't do anything from Evita or Meadowlark per my earlier observation.

Still an incredibly special evening to see her in her favorite theater and soaking up being solo on stage. She had the entire house in the palm of her hand.
"

Yes. It was very much about her showmanship and less about her singing itself. 

OhHiii
#11Patti LuPone concert TONIGHT
Posted: 5/10/22 at 12:10pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Maybe here is a good place to share my one gripe about her great COMPANY performance:

she is SEATED for the entirety of Ladies Who Lunch. And I think that is a design/directing failure above all (she’s in tall heels on a tall stool and needs help getting down). That song begs for Joanne to stand at some point, especially since this production is so in-your-face. The song would land better.
"

Nah, there's so much power in Joanne remaining seated while she's demanding everyone else to rise (and they don't, they actually leave the stage as she repeats). It's a brilliant, purposeful choice. Just because it's always been done a certain way by previous actors doesn't make it the only way. That also applies to many of the criticisms of Katrina's performance. It's a weird thing with this show how unwilling folks are to divorce themselves from past performances which, in most cases, they've never seen.