pixeltracker

BACK TO THE FUTURE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread- Page 9

BACK TO THE FUTURE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#200BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/16/24 at 8:23pm

Yeah I have never seen the film either.  The sounds he does got a big laugh so I’m assuming it was in the movie.  That actor, Hugh Coles, won an Olivier award for playing that role. I saw it for the first time last week, I didn’t think Roger and Casey were trying to break each other.   They gave good strong performances.  Maybe they were more professional cause it was a Saturday night ?

chrishuyen
#201BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/16/24 at 8:55pm

willep said: "As someone who isn’t very familiar with the movie, I couldn’t get with the dad’s performance. Maybe it makes more sense if you know the movie better."

Having not seen the film either, I totally agree.  i can see how it would be an award winning role, since Hugh Coles is certainly doing a lot, but it just feels like he's in a completely different show from everyone else.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#202BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/16/24 at 9:37pm

Hugh Coles is delivering a masterful recreation of Crispin Glover's performance from the film, and he was the highlight of the show, for me. Obviously, the spot-on impersonation will mean more to those who know the reference well.

Also, my reaction to people saying they've never seen the movie:

BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023

Updated On: 2/17/24 at 09:37 PM

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#203BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/29/24 at 9:57am

Roger Bart and Casey Likes were on Morning Joe today, promoting the show. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

LuckyDipster Profile Photo
LuckyDipster
#204BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 3/1/24 at 6:09am

Dylan Smith4 said: "Roger Bart and Casey Likes were on Morning Joe today, promoting the show."

I very much enjoyed their bit on their bit.  "We never go off script."

🤥😄

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#205BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 3/1/24 at 8:55am

TaffyDavenport said: "Hugh Coles is delivering a masterful recreation of Crispin Glover's performance from the film, and he was the highlight of the show, for me. Obviously, the spot-on impersonation will mean more to those who know the reference well."

I've not seen this show, but a bit ironic considering how famously Crispin Glover did not take kindly to being mimicked by another actor made up to look like him when he didn't return for Back to the Future Part II. (He was unhappy with what he perceived to be the message of money=happier life at the end of the first film, and though it's a great movie I think he has a point.)

pathman2
#206BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 3/11/24 at 12:40pm

Any seating recommendations (without giving too many spoilers)? I see that the first row of the center orchestra is cheaper than the others, but I assume that is too close. Thoughts?

LuckyDipster Profile Photo
LuckyDipster
#207BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 3/11/24 at 6:14pm

My general rule of thumb for this show is that front row is wonderful for subsequent viewings and especially if you want interactions with the cast during the curtain call, but the effects work much better when you are able to see the full stage (and sides) like it was a cinema screen.  It is a VERY cinematic show.  The $40 rush seats I had near the back of the orchestra were ideal for that.