pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/4/22

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/4/22

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/4/22
Posted: 9/6/22 at 5:41pm

Click below to access all the Broadway grosses from all the shows for the week ending 9/4/2022 in BroadwayWorld's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance (% of capacity) was: BEETLEJUICE (10.4%), ALADDIN (8.7%), MR. SATURDAY NIGHT (8.7%), CHICAGO (8.6%), FUNNY GIRL (8.3%), A STRANGE LOOP (7.4%), WICKED (6.4%), COME FROM AWAY (6.2%), THE KITE RUNNER (5.6%), INTO THE WOODS (5%), THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (4.8%), THE BOOK OF MORMON (3.5%), HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD (2.9%), SIX (1.8%), THE MUSIC MAN (1.5%), MOULIN ROUGE! THE MUSICAL (1.1%), MJ THE MUSICAL (0.3%), DEAR EVAN HANSEN (0.2%),

Down for the week by attendance (% of capacity) was: THE LION KING (-1.8%), HADESTOWN (-0.9%), HAMILTON (-0.4%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/4/22
Posted: 9/6/22 at 5:47pm

A Strange Loop went up, yay :)

Updated On: 9/6/22 at 05:47 PM

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/4/22
Posted: 9/6/22 at 5:52pm

TotallyEffed said: "A Strange Loop went up, yay :)"

No, they were down $4000.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/4/22
Posted: 9/6/22 at 5:55pm

TotallyEffed said: "A Strange Loop went up, yay :)"

Capacity %, yes. Grosses, no. One of the few shows to have dropped in grosses for what was a busy holiday weekend.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/4/22
Posted: 9/6/22 at 5:58pm

ACL2006 said: "TotallyEffed said: "A Strange Loop went up, yay :)"

Capacity %, yes. Grosses, no. One of the few shows to have dropped in grosses for what was a busy holiday weekend.
"

It should be noted, though, that A Strange Loop canceled their Sunday matinee this weekend due to cast illness, so they only performed 7 performances this week instead of 8.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/4/22
Posted: 9/6/22 at 6:02pm

Overall a nice week for most shows. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/4/22
Posted: 9/6/22 at 6:26pm

Last week was particularly nasty, so it’s good to see a lot of shows back up. Although it’s possible that it’s just a short-term benefit of Labor Day weekend.

Next week will be a really key test to indicate Into the Woods’ future life: whether or not the hype is strong enough to keep these numbers up, even when Bareilles is gone.

As I said in a previous thread, my guess is that they recouped just now, or in a recent week, and everything going forward is icing on the cake. The question is: how much icing will there be? How long can they keep it running before they dip below their running cost- and/or run out of Broadway “names” to fill out the cast, to keep up the gimmick (I don’t mean that disrespectfully, but I couldn’t think of a better word)

ElephantLoveMedley
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/4/22
Posted: 9/6/22 at 6:27pm

Am I crazy or are the grosses still linking to week ending August 28? Not seeing week ending September 4 anywhere.

Videos