Posted: 10/3/22 at 7:39pm

Oh look, a bibu!

lily carver
lily carver
EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#4COST OF LIVING Reviews
Posted: 10/3/22 at 10:00pm

DTLI Consensus: Compelling, complex, and radical — at nary a cost.

14 positive (including the NYT), 1 mixed.

https://didtheylikeit.com/shows/cost-of-living/

Oh look, a bibu!

forfivemoreminutes
#5COST OF LIVING Reviews
Posted: 10/9/22 at 1:11am

I saw this tonight and loved it. It was incredibly thought-provoking, complex, touching, and true to life, and it raised for me questions about power and autonomy within the relationships showcased, which I’m still thinking about and probably will be for days. The last couple of scenes were particularly poignant (and devastating). I would highly recommend seeing this before it closes if you can!

Markie27 Profile Photo
Markie27
#6COST OF LIVING Reviews
Posted: 10/13/22 at 10:47am

Has anyone tried the TodayTix rush?  I just want to know where the seats are offered.  Thanks! 

JoeW4 Profile Photo
JoeW4
#7COST OF LIVING Reviews
Posted: 10/21/22 at 2:23pm

Finally managed to catch this one - I was looking forward to it, and thought it was some strong redeeming qualities, but unfortunately it fell pretty far below my expectations.

Posted more detailed thoughts here

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#8COST OF LIVING Reviews
Posted: 10/21/22 at 11:52pm

JoeW4 said: "Finally managed to catch this one - I was looking forward to it, and thought it was some strong redeeming qualities, but unfortunately it fell pretty far below my expectations.

Posted more detailed thoughts here
"

Interesting thoughts—especially about the disabled actors. I honestly think the twist at the end makes sense in the world of the play but I honestly felt in this production that Kara Young didn’t really sell it for me. There was really nothing in her performance that suggested the gravity of the situation before the reveal and I knew the play going in and still found it a little hard to buy, even though I didn’t when reading it. 

I still adore this play and hope lots of folks see it before it’s gone.