pixeltracker

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - Reviews & News Thread- Page 12

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - Reviews & News Thread

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#275A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 6:08pm

They just added two new swings, Sean Watkinson (Hadestown tour) & Aveena Sawyer (Little Shop off-Bway). However, Makai Hernandez & Sydney Jones are both leaving on Oct. 29. Makai is joining & Juliet, and Sydney Jones is joining the Betty Boop Musical.

Haven't seen confirmation if or when Robyn is leaving.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#276A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 6:10pm

Sean Watkinson made his Broadway debut today.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#277A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 6:13pm

Another PR move by the show with te Hard Rock Hotel in NYC.

Stay with us to receive a $100 food & beverage credit, 2 premium tickets, a personal greeting from Caroline the VIP Concierge, 1 autographed Playbill, 1 complimentary drink per ticket, and a post-show meet & greet.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#278A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/28/23 at 9:03am

Case Study of A Beautiful Noise's Thursday matinees

Compared to the Wednesday evenings over the previous twelve weeks, our Thursday matinees in September . . . 

• Grossed 80% (!) higher.
  • Doubled the attendance.
  • Had 148% more premium conversions

And . . . my favorite statistic?

• Had 12% more out-of-town buyers.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#279A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/29/23 at 6:35pm

A nice final performance/show for Will Swenson. The cast was on fire. Will was definitely feeling it today and the audience really fed off of his energy. Lots of moving moments in Act 2 during "Flowers" w/Robyn, "Shilo" with the ensemble and "I Am I Said" w/Mark Jacoby. The Stadium Medley was off the charts! Mark Jacoby gave a nice speech for Will before they sang "Sweet Caroline" for the encore. Curious to see who their new Neil-Then standby is tomorrow.

BETTY22
#280A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/30/23 at 1:54pm

Producer Ken Danenpord today revealed a charming story about how Will got the part. 

I'm not sure many people know this story, but we found Will for A Beautiful Noise Musical because he is such a gracious, helpful and just say yes type of human. Days before a reading of The Griswolds Broadway Vacation in 2019, we lose out Clark Griswold. We called Will in a pinch and before we could even finish the ask, he agreed to fill in.

Meanwhile, we had no idea who was going to play Neil Diamond in an upcoming reading we were going to do for NEIL himself.

On the last day of the reading, my assistant at the time, Valerie Novakoff Britten said to me . . . "You know, I hear Will Swenson does a Neil Diamond."

"What," I Answered?

"Yep," she said. "Even does "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" with Audra McDonald in cabaret."

So that day, after he delivered a fantastic performance as Clark (his versatility is truly something), I walked up to him and said, "I hear you do a Neil Diamond."

"I love Neil Diamond," he said . . . in a voice about an octave lower than how he had just spoken in the reading.

"I'm producing The Neil Diamond Musical."

There was a few moments of silence and then he said . . .

"I've been waiting for this."

No, Will . . . WE were waiting for this.

Thank you for your triumphant, tireless, and extraordinary performance and for helping to launch this musical all the way back in that first reading for Neil to Boston and to Broadway. We wouldn't be here without you.

The show goes on . . . but you'll be forever in sequins to us.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#281A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/30/23 at 6:05pm

Interesting that they didn't hire a standby for Nick Fradiani. Instead, Sean Watkinson is now listed as an u/s for Neil-Then along with Max Sangerman.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#282A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/31/23 at 2:00pm

ACL2006 said: "They just added two new swings, Sean Watkinson (Hadestown tour) & Aveena Sawyer (Little Shop off-Bway). However, Makai Hernandez & Sydney Jones are both leaving on Oct. 29. Makai is joining & Juliet, and Sydney Jones is joining the Betty Boop Musical.
"

Sure would be nice if the show's website was updated to reflect the cast changes. They still show Will Swenson, Makai and Sydney Jones.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#283A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/1/23 at 7:07pm

As good as the show's PR has been, to still have Will Swenson listed on the show's website is pretty amateur.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#284A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/3/23 at 3:33pm

ACL2006 said: "As good as the show's PR has been, to still have Will Swenson listed on the show's website is pretty amateur."

He has finally been taken off of the cast page. Nick is listed as Neil-Then. (No standby listed) Will's picture is still on the site's homepage. I suspect that may change if they want that same shot and get one with Nick.

Just give the world Love.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#285A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/3/23 at 4:53pm

The majority of the ensemble is leaving over the next two months, so it might be a pain to keep updating the cast page weekly. But Nick's face needs to be all over their marketing soon. Their advance for the Winter isn't looking good. I'd expect Nick to show up on the next season of American Idol. FYI, Max Sangerman is now the first cover for Neil-Then, so hopefully he gets to go on shortly.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#286A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/3/23 at 5:57pm

They'll need to hold on until April (at least) in order to have Nick do any promotional performances on Idol. Their live shows (with potential guest performances) don't start until April.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#287A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/3/23 at 7:05pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "They'll need to hold on until April (at least) in order to have Nick do any promotional performances onIdol. Their live shows (with potential guest performances) don't start until April."

Okay. Not sure the show will last that long.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#288A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/3/23 at 7:34pm

ACL2006 said: "As good as the show's PR has been, to still have Will Swenson listed on the show's website is pretty amateur."

You want amateur? The cast board outside the theatre not only still has Will Swenson listed as lead, but also still has Linda Powell (instead of Shirine Babb) and still has Jordan Dobson in the ensemble!! 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#289A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/3/23 at 9:53pm

quizking101 said: "ACL2006 said: "As good as the show's PR has been, to still have Will Swenson listed on the show's website is pretty amateur."

You want amateur? The cast board outside the theatre not only still has Will Swenson listed as lead, but also still has Linda Powell (instead of Shirine Babb) and still has Jordan Dobson in the ensemble!!
"

I noticed that when I saw the show again on Sunday for WIll's final performance. I wonder with the ensemble departing at various dates over the next two months if they'll just replace Will's name. 

Here's an oddity, Jordan Dobson has been hanging out backstage frequently the past few weeks. It makes me wonder if he's rejoining the show.

BETTY22
#290A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/4/23 at 8:00pm

I used to love American Idol the first few season, however, I don't think I can name a winner from the past decade.

I know Justin (Kelly Clarkson's season) didn't do much to help Britney Spears musical, hope the same isn't true with the new guy in Neil show.

RWPrincess
#291A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/4/23 at 8:03pm

I was there last week to see Will one final time. He was still in top form despite periodic coughing. I also had an entire row to myself house right. I suspect Will had a bigger fanbase than people give him credit for so it will be interesting to see if Nick can sell tickets at the same levels. I have not watched Idol regularly in years so only learned about Nick because of this show. I also attended an event emceed by Melinda Doolittle this past Summer and wasn't familiar with her either.

I do wonder if they might bring Will back periodically like MR does with Aaron. It would probably be a smart move for them.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#292A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/4/23 at 8:08pm

Nick's social media pages have already been promoting him heavily. Hopefully, this will help to bring in a younger crowd.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#293A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/5/23 at 1:09pm

Jordan Dobson is back in the show, but I think just for this weekend (for Jess LeProtto). Robyn Hurder also injured her ankle mid-show on Friday and is out until further notice. All swings are on today.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#294A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/9/23 at 12:27pm

Tickets are now available through September 1, 2024.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#295A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/14/23 at 4:56pm

A Beautiful Noise is taping their Thanksgiving special for CBS this Friday at 11:30am.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#296A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/15/23 at 12:56pm

Max Sangerman made his Neil-Then debut last night. Trying to find out if he's on again for the matinee today.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#297A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/15/23 at 5:42pm

ACL2006 said: "Max Sangerman made his Neil-Then debut last night. Trying to find out if he's on again for the matinee today."

Max was on for today's matinee, too. Nick Fradiani is out with the flu.

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#298A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/16/23 at 9:26pm

Nick Fradiani was back tonight, but now Robyn Hurder is out with the flu.

RWPrincess
#299A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/16/23 at 10:00pm

I thought I saw Nick post an Instastory earlier with an IV connected to him at the Broadhurst. I hope he wasn't forced to come back too soon.

Videos