Lia Thomas

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#25Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/5/23 at 4:33pm

That's nice to hear, kdogg. It's a relief to know that people capable of learning is still a thing.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#26Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/12/23 at 3:54pm

Serena Williams was recently on Colbert. She was asked how she thinks she would do against Andy Murray. She said he would beat me 6-0,6-0 in 5-6 minutes. We are talking about a big physical disparity in most cases. Do we really want to destroy competitive sport for all biologically born women? 

To me it is not just a matter of fairness. It's a matter of sanity. Do we cancel out half the world population in order to spare the feelings of a small number of individuals.

Personally, I would like to see Mikaela Shiffrin win a few more races before a transwoman comes along and wipes her out. 

Zeppie2022
#27Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/17/23 at 7:32am

"Serena Williams was recently on Colbert. She was asked how she thinks she would do against Andy Murray. She said he would beat me 6-0,6-0 in 5-6 minutes. We are talking about a big physical disparity in most cases. Do we really want to destroy competitive sport for all biologically born women? "

I don't know if it was the same interview, but she also said, "Men's tennis" is an entirely different sport than "Women's tennis" due to their superior strength and quickness. Let me also add that Serena who is the GOAT in "Women's tennis" once lost a match to the 203rd ranked men's tennis player and barely won a game. The funny thing is this dude who played her was smoking cigarettes between games. 

Maybe it is just me, but I would hate to see all the work to get Title 1X passed and help women play sports be destroyed by this issue!!

Updated On: 7/17/23 at 07:32 AM

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#28Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/18/23 at 10:04pm

Serena Williams may be the greatest of all time. But in the future no one will be able to make such a claim if some women are excluded from competing for the title.

Updated On: 7/18/23 at 10:04 PM

Zeppie2022
#29Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/18/23 at 11:14pm

"Serena Williams may be the greatest of all time. But in the future no one will be able to make such a claim if some women are excluded from competing for the title."

A biological man who transitions to a woman playing women's tennis is cheating, plain and simple. Remember during COVID, we were all told to follow the science. Well follow the science, see my post earlier in this thread. Tennis great Martina Navratilova has come out and said biological men should not be allowed to play in women's sports. Ever notice a biological female who transitions to be a male never plays men's sports. Gee, I wonder why. Maybe there should be an "open" category for transgender athletes to compete in sports, but I will leave that type of decision to other people. 

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#30Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/25/23 at 9:11pm

Zeppie2022 said: "A biological man who transitions to a woman playing women's tennis is cheating, plain and simple."

That can only be true if you don't believe that a transwoman is a woman, and that she's lying if she claims to be a woman.

I can't cast too many stones here; I thought your position was reasonable in the recent past. But now I've come to realize that any discrimination on the basis of being a transgender person is wrong.

dadaguza
#31Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/25/23 at 9:48pm

"That can only be true if you don't believe that a transwoman is a woman, and that she's lying if she claims to be a woman."

She was still born MALE, whether or not she genuinely identifies as a woman. She has inherent physical attributes that would give her an advantage. It's unfair and should not be allowed. 

Updated On: 7/26/23 at 09:48 PM

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#32Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/25/23 at 10:11pm

In the specific case of Lia Thomas, any one who has heard her being interviewed can only draw one conclusion about her. She loved competitive swimming. She could not win as a man. So she competed against women because she knew she could win against women and she loved the publicity.

Lia Thomas may genuinely identify as a woman. But when she decided to compete as a woman, she did so knowing she had a huge advantage and happily took advantage of it. At that point she was also identifying as a creep.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#33Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/25/23 at 11:04pm

Transwomen are women. Full stop. If your argument depends on claiming that a particular transwoman isn't *really* a woman, then you're going down the wrong path. I know, I've gone down that path before and discovered that it doesn't lead to anything worthwhile.

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#34Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/26/23 at 1:03am

I believe that women should be the ones to decide whether or not they have an abortion. And I believe that women should be the ones to decide whether or not they should compete against transwomen. It shouldn't be politicians, it shouldn't be college administrators, it should be the women competing. 

Jay Lerner-Z
#35Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/26/23 at 3:44pm

"It should be the women competing"

Trans women are women. That's the problem with your argument. Is it so hard to at least use the word "cis" to describe precisely who you are referring to? It's always at this point in the "debate" that it becomes clear that the conversation has never been about tennis or any other sport. It's always been just a stick to beat trans people with.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#36Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/26/23 at 4:18pm

Your ignorance, stupidity and acting intentionally obtuse is so tiring. 

And I believe that women should be the ones to decide whether or not they should compete against transwomen.

Correct. That's why the entire team wrote an open letter stating how unfair the situation was. These are young college kids meaning their generation is much more accepting and open than any other generation before them. It's not about trans bodies, it's about fairness in competition, which is why FINA made the decision they did. It's not fair for CIS women but I understand how many people it's unfair. 

Zeppie2022
#37Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/26/23 at 5:03pm

"It's always at this point in the "debate" that it becomes clear that the conversation has never been about tennis or any other sport. It's always been just a stick to beat trans people with."

Please stop. The debate has always been about fair competition. Tennis great Martina Navratilova has suggested an "open" category for sporting events so trans athletes can compete fairly in sports.

Jay Lerner-Z
#38Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/26/23 at 5:15pm

You are a bully, Sutton Ross.

Zeppie2022
#39Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/26/23 at 5:16pm

"That can only be true if you don't believe that a transwoman is a woman, and that she's lying if she claims to be a woman.

I can't cast too many stones here; I thought your position was reasonable in the recent past. But now I've come to realize that any discrimination on the basis of being a transgender person is wrong."

Did myself or anybody else say she is not a woman? I have said she is biological male who transitioned to a woman. Due to her being a biological male at birth, she has physical advantages that stays with her even after completing the transition. Ok, you believe this is discrimination, so I have idea for you. Let's totally eliminate women's sports and just have women compete with men in all sports and let's see how they do. This way there is no discrimination, let the best person win. Of course, I think that would be absurd thing to do. I just wanted to show how totally wrong you are on this subject.

Zeppie2022
#40Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/26/23 at 5:20pm

"You are a bully, Sutton Ross."

Trust me, Sutton Ross does not like me at all. That being said, she has not posted one thing in this thread that could be considered bullying.

Jay Lerner-Z
#41Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/26/23 at 5:26pm

dented146 said "I believe women should be the ones to decide whether or not they should compete against transwomen"... which makes me wonder if they mean ALL women, or just cis women. If they mean just cis women, then that's what dented should have said. I think know the answer, of course.

Sutton Ross
#42Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/26/23 at 5:30pm

I'm not at all, I just don't accept stupidity and bullsh*t. Also, creating threads bitching about celebrities and how much money do they NEED and complaining about Beyoncé traveling, living her life, supporting her kids, and generally just being incredibly judgmental is not the move. Demanding people NEVER FLY AGAIN is ridiculous. Demanding people never go out, never have kids, never do anything fun is beyond delusional.

I get that Jay lives in a closet, never moves, never socializes or goes anywhere but that's not how normal people live their life. He has been told many times to STOP by many, many people and he will never learn. A person who acts like this can't possibly be apart of the world in any real or constructive way. Calling me a bully yet constantly responding to other people's threads with harassment over and over again earned him a suspension for 3 days. Keep it up. 

Jay Lerner-Z
#43Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/26/23 at 5:33pm

"Your stupidity is tiring" is not a very nice thing to say to someone, Zeppie.

Reading back, I'm not even sure if she was talking to me, but still. It irked me because I was suspended for three days earlier this year for something I said to Highland Guy, and I have no idea what it was. I received a notice from the moderators asking me to "please be courteous", a rule I assume applies to everybody.

Jay Lerner-Z
#44Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/26/23 at 5:45pm

By the way, Beyoncé was a Judas to the LGBT+ community. She has been conning us all along. She is a corporate business, a brand. She doesn't actually give a shish. Does she even know that gay people exist in Dubai, and consider the harm she is doing to them by normalizing and advertising their bloodless oppressors? She is not an ally and her harmful actions are deserving of criticism. I will never give her money again.

Sutton Ross
#45Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/26/23 at 5:54pm

Nobody cares. 

Jay Lerner-Z
#46Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/26/23 at 6:02pm

That's my point! Thank you.

Too many people have become so comfortable in their own lives that they've stopped caring about anything else but themselves. Sad.

Islander_fan
#47Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/28/23 at 12:37am

Jay Lerner-Z said: "That's my point! Thank you.

Too many people have become so comfortable in their own lives that they've stopped caring about anything else but themselves. Sad.
"

Beyoncé is a savvy businesswoman. Going to do a gig in Dubai equated a strong paycheck for her. Nothing wrong with that. Yet, I find it laughable that you’re calling her a Judas though. She went where the money was. And, quite frankly, that;’s ok. I am not a fan of hers so I don’t really have a dog in this fight. I think that you tend to get upset/passionate about particular things like Beyoncé preforming in Dubai. And, it gets to the point where you can’t see why others may feel differently and you can’t understand why. 

Now, if you want a performer who did a fantastic job of screwing over their fan base altogether, look at Katherine McPhee. She is someone who’s core fan base were people in the LGBT community, acted like an advocate and supporter, yet, it came out that not only is she a Republican, but she also donated to causes that work hard to disenfranchise those who are in the LGBT community. Talk about a Judas right there. 

And, ETA, Sutton saying nobody cares doesn’t mean that she supported what it was you are saying, to me, it came off as you being the only one upset about the fact that Beyoncé played a gig somewhere not that the issue is nobody cares about how you feel about the situation and the situation itself. 

Updated On: 7/28/23 at 12:37 AM

Jay Lerner-Z
#48Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/28/23 at 10:27am

I really do not understand your thinking, islander.

Would you say the same if she had taken $20 million to perform at, and sell, Mar-a-Lago?

She has lost the right to call herself an ally.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#49Lia Thomas
Posted: 7/28/23 at 10:44am

Jay Lerner-Z said: "I really do not understand your thinking, islander.

Would you say the same if she had taken $20 million to perform at, and sell, Mar-a-Lago?

She has lost the right to call herself an ally.
"

Has she ever called herself an ally though? She has never been very vocal about political issues. She has stayed silent about the recent drag bans etc. I didn't find her concert in Dubai surprising at all.

Videos