Sweeney Todd Lottery

Hairspray0901
#1Sweeney Todd Lottery
Posted: 3/2/23 at 10:40am

Has anyone won this yet? If so, please share your seat locations! 

yyys
#2Sweeney Todd Lottery
Posted: 3/2/23 at 10:43am

official site says:

"A limited number of Front Row seats will be available each day for $30 each." 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#3Sweeney Todd Lottery
Posted: 3/2/23 at 11:35am

I can't recall how high the stage is.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#4Sweeney Todd Lottery
Posted: 3/2/23 at 12:05pm

Someone posted a description of what they could see and photos from their front row seat on Reddit:

Lottery seat review for Sweeney Todd

(I can’t figure out how to add a quote from elsewhere so description from their review is below)

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

These seats are $30 for a reason. Our lottery seats were A101 & 102 last night. The stage is incredibly high. We realized we wouldn’t be able to see much played in the middle to back of the stage, and probably only about from the knees or waist up for actors nearer the front.

We grabbed booster seats and they did make a great difference. A few people around us also grabbed ‘em.

The seats were FANTASTIC for A Little Priest and By the Sea. I’m so happy we were able to experience these so close.

What we couldn’t see: Sweeney’s entrance, Half (or more?) of the barbershop. Couldn’t see the box people hid in or Pirelli’s murder as he was sitting on a low chair. The other death scenes were better once the new barber chair was installed. We also didn’t see most of the last scene. It’s played to house right and they’re mostly on the ground so even straining to see with the booster seats we didn’t see much.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#5Sweeney Todd Lottery
Posted: 3/2/23 at 12:14pm

Adults in booster seats is quite annoying. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#6Sweeney Todd Lottery
Posted: 3/2/23 at 12:21pm

I'd rather do SRO there.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Hairspray0901
#7Sweeney Todd Lottery
Posted: 3/2/23 at 12:32pm

ljay889 said: "Adults in booster seats is quite annoying."

My Mom is 5 foot. I’m 5’2” (we are not tall). Our legs are the same height/length, but she has a short torso so when she sits in the theatre, she usually can’t see through the people in front of her and therefore gets a booster seat. When she sits on one, she becomes the same height as me when seated. It has never bothered anyone behind us; most people comment how they’d do the same thing in her situation. And if it does happen to bother someone (it never has to our knowledge), they can also get a booster seat. 

Thanks for sharing the review about the view from seats. It’s making me think twice now about entering. While only $30, not sure it’s worth it to miss that much!

rachelfran
#8Sweeney Todd Lottery
Posted: 3/20/23 at 10:56am

My very good friend and Josh Groban fanatic won the lottery for yesterday's matinee -- We were front row - dead center - directly behind Alex Lacamoire.   We did sit on boosters because we are both short and I don't know how much they helped.  We definitely couldn't see anything that happened on the ground so I know we missed some very important stuff near the very end -- which is very very unfortunate.

That said, having the group performances so close to us and JG and AA right above us -- was something else and almost took my breath away.  She already had tickets for another night in row N that will be a perfect view but she asked all of her friends to play the lottery because she couldn't wait.. and ultimately, she's the one who won.

Besides not being able to see everything, the sound was tough due to the amazing band that is right in front of us.  We had to strain to hear the talking parts and some of the lower sung parts.

https://youtu.be/plsZYpr_f7Q

steve.sometime
#9Sweeney Todd Lottery
Posted: 3/20/23 at 11:04am

Row B all the way to the right side. Can't see anyone lying on the floor. At one point the staircase tower thing slightly moved to the middle and blocked even more, but thankfully it went back after that scene.

Videos