pixeltracker

Kayla Pecchioni as Sugar Kane in Some Like It Hot

Kayla Pecchioni as Sugar Kane in Some Like It Hot

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1Kayla Pecchioni as Sugar Kane in Some Like It Hot
Posted: 4/9/23 at 1:25am

Well, I am not a fan of this show, but I was able to see Kayla and she was a pleasant surprise, she was able to hit amazing notes, her acting was great and she had a great stage presence. For any fans of the show, next time she goes on, go see her! She elevates the material. She is a star for sure, even if the show is still tepid and nowhere close to hot.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

QueenTwinnied
#2Kayla Pecchioni as Sugar Kane in Some Like It Hot
Posted: 4/9/23 at 4:02am

I saw Kayla as Nabulungi on the BOM tour years ago and she was INCREDIBLE. Her voice is stunning and she was a standout of the production. I’m glad she’s killing it on Broadway now. 

tomwsjr
#3Kayla Pecchioni as Sugar Kane in Some Like It Hot
Posted: 4/9/23 at 5:27am

“Tepid and nowhere close to hot” is exactly how I’d best describe SLIH.  Everything about this musical is mediocre.  In my opinion it was the biggest disappointment of the season (okay, maybe Almost Famous was more disappointing).

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#4Kayla Pecchioni as Sugar Kane in Some Like It Hot
Posted: 4/9/23 at 5:40am

I'm sure she will be overjoyed to receive your seal of approval.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#5Kayla Pecchioni as Sugar Kane in Some Like It Hot
Posted: 4/9/23 at 8:28pm

I saw Kayla today and thought she was wonderful. A lot “bubblier” than Adrianna and just kept me smiling for the entire show. If you’re seeing the show and she’s in, you won’t be disappointed.

LarryD2
#6Kayla Pecchioni as Sugar Kane in Some Like It Hot
Posted: 4/10/23 at 11:07am

I thought Hicks was the major disappointment of this production -- no sparkle or star quality in a role that really needs it -- so maybe it's worth revisiting with her cover.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#7Kayla Pecchioni as Sugar Kane in Some Like It Hot
Posted: 4/10/23 at 11:35am

We saw Kayla at the Easter matinee— a completely superb performance full of warmth, fun and a lovely voice. Had low expectations for SLIH but had a swell time. You must know you’re getting a thoroughly old-school, lightweight confection, but on those terms the show delivers. The creators know their thirties musicals and tap dance their way through this pastiche with great style if scant little depth. It’s the best tired-businessman’s show we’ve seen in a while.