Please help me pick ONE show!

sarge3
#1Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/10/23 at 11:22am

I have one opening for my trip to broadway next week. I am considering Camelot, Summer 1976 and & Juliet. I would appreciate your input!!!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#2Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/10/23 at 11:27am

Camelot and & Juliet are both great. Very different, but I enjoyed both immensely. Camelot is a lot more wordy, intense, and long whereas & Juliet is very fun, lively, and upbeat. Both are very solid shows in my opinion, though.

I'm seeing Summer 1976 tomorrow night, so I can't speak for that one yet!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ElephantLoveMedley
#3Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/10/23 at 11:37am

Highly recommend & Juliet! I think it's the most fun and vibrant show of the season.

JasonC3
#4Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/10/23 at 11:37am

If you have any interest in ever seeing Camelot, I would say choose it.  You're unlikely to find a comparable production mounted anytime soon.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#5Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/10/23 at 11:44am

Depends on what else you're seeing on the trip, and if you want more of a balance. If you're already seeing a bunch of musicals with lavish design, then contrast all that with Summer, 1976, for instance.

Oh look, a bibu!

sarge3
#6Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/10/23 at 12:32pm

I am looking forward to your thoughts on Summer 1976

BwayinVan
#7Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/10/23 at 1:55pm

Not to jump on your question but I’m in the same boat. I’m going to NY at the end of May and have two spots open. Thinking I need a play or two to mix in there. My current lineup is as follows:

Camelot, &Juliet, Days of wine and roses, NYNY, Sweeney Todd

any advice would be appreciated. Shucked doesn’t really appeal to me, I tend to lean towards more meaty dramas but am also mindful of cost considering I’m in Canada so the exchange rate can be pretty rough 

gibsons2
#8Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/10/23 at 2:36pm

BwayinVan said: "Not to jump on your question but I’m in the same boat. I’m going to NY at the end of May and have two spots open. Thinking I need a play or two to mix in there. My current lineup is as follows:

any advice would be appreciated. Shucked doesn’t really appeal to me, I tend to lean towards more meaty dramas but am also mindful of cost considering I’m in Canada so the exchange rate can be pretty rough
"

NYNY and Sweeney Todd, both are gorgeous musicals

gibsons2
#9Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/10/23 at 2:37pm

bwayphreak234 said: "Camelot and & Juliet are both great. Very different, but I enjoyed both immensely. Camelot is a lot more wordy, intense, and long whereas & Juliet is very fun, lively, and upbeat. Both are very solid shows in my opinion, though.

I'm seeing Summer 1976 tomorrow night, so I can't speak for that one yet!
"

I've yet to see Summer 1976, but from the other two I would pick Camelot, hands down. 

BwayinVan
#10Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/10/23 at 3:39pm

gibsons2 said: "BwayinVan said: "Not to jump on your question but I’m in the same boat. I’m going to NY at the end of May and have two spots open. Thinking I need a play or two to mix in there. My current lineup is as follows:

"

"

Yeah I’m excited for both as I already have tickets for the shows in my lineup. Just looking for 2 more shows and since my current lineup is all musicals J figured I should add a play or two

pablitonizer
#11Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/10/23 at 3:42pm

BwayinVan said: "Not to jump on your question but I’m in the same boat. I’m going to NY at the end of May and have two spots open. Thinking I need a play or two to mix in there. My current lineup is as follows:

"

If you're going by the end of May, I recommend replacing '&Juliet' with 'Once upon a one more time', or do both. None of those are dramas, but if you like jukebox musicals, you'll love this one

Updated On: 4/10/23 at 03:42 PM

gibsons2
#12Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/10/23 at 4:07pm

BwayinVan said: "gibsons2 said: "BwayinVan said: "Not to jump on your question but I’m in the same boat. I’m going to NY at the end of May and have two spots open. Thinking I need a play or two to mix in there. My current lineup is as follows:

"

"

Yeah I’m excited for both as I already have tickets for the shows in my lineup. Just looking for 2 more shows and since my current lineup is all musicals J figured I should add a play or two
"

Sorry, I clearly can't read :) Then I'd go with Good Night, Oscar and Prima Facie. I have tickets for both and based on the reviews and word of mouth, these are must see.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#13Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/10/23 at 4:11pm

^ 100%

inception Profile Photo
inception
#14Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/10/23 at 7:22pm

BwyInVan, I'm guessing you have already considered Kimberly Akimbo & Parade?

& Juliet is very light & fun, but even though I had some problems with Kimberly Akimbo, I would recommend it over & Juliet.

I was hesitant on Parade, but it may have been the best new show I saw last month.

sarge3
#15Please help me pick ONE show!
Posted: 4/12/23 at 8:31am

What did you think of Summer 1976?

Videos