Recent rush experiences

gordi_92
#25Recent rush experiences
Posted: 1/14/24 at 12:04pm

I was wondering if there are shows selling Rushtickets without really advertising them? For example A Beautiful Noise is selling in Person Rushtickets. But you cannot find anything about that on the Website (only about the lottery) and also on the Lottery/Rush List from playbill.com they only List the Lottery for Beautiful Noise. Somewhere I also read that Hadestown is doing Rush but Im not sure if that is true. Does anyone know about other Shows that sell Rush even tho it only says Lottery? That would be very good to know. Thank you :)

vedahanks
#26Recent rush experiences
Posted: 1/18/24 at 12:00pm

Did my first Rush this past Sunday. Got to theater for Purlie Victorious a half hour before it opened and my daughter and I were the first ones in line! By the time they opened at 12 there were maybe a dozen people behind us. We got Row B, Orch 111, 112 seats! Incredible!! Only $35 each. We saw the evening performance.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#27Recent rush experiences
Posted: 1/18/24 at 12:09pm

Hadestown does not have rush, only standing room when the show is sold out or close enough to being sold out

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

terrilovesNY
#28Recent rush experiences
Posted: 1/21/24 at 7:28pm

Hello! I’m headed to NYC this weekend, could anyone offer information if How to Dance in Ohio offers a rush? I have one slot left Saturday matinee (unless my Thursday Gutenberg! Rush/Lottery falls through). As of now it’s the only date not on TDF and looking at Telecharge it’s pretty well sold. I realize they just announced the closing date and this could also affect availability. 

Jonathan Cohen Profile Photo
Jonathan Cohen
#29Recent rush experiences
Posted: 1/22/24 at 1:02pm

terrilovesNY said: "Hello! I’m headed to NYC this weekend, could anyone offer information if How to Dance in Ohio offers a rush? I have one slot left Saturday matinee (unless my Thursday Gutenberg! Rush/Lottery falls through). As of now it’s the only date not on TDF and looking at Telecharge it’s pretty well sold. I realize they just announced the closing date and this could also affect availability."

Their rush is $50 day of at the box office. If you attempt to win the digital lottery there's also a decent chance that would work based on what demand it is, and it would cost $35. (Demand will probably go up because they're closing, but I don't know how much.) 

terrilovesNY
#30Recent rush experiences
Posted: 2/17/24 at 7:52am

Has anyone had rush experience at The Notebook? Suggestions on what time to get to the box office and seat locations? I know this also has a lottery, but I’ve only seen it posted for certain performances. Headed to NY midweek, so I’m hoping a weeknight has better availability. Thanks!

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#31Recent rush experiences
Posted: 2/17/24 at 8:01am

Not sure how the rush experience is since it’s only been open for a week, but I will say they do have the digital lottery via the Telecharge website.

Personally, I went this past Sunday night and walked up at 5:30 and got Orchestra E-2 for $49, which was fantastic considering it’s a premium seat and I’m also enormously tall.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#32Recent rush experiences
Posted: 2/17/24 at 8:06am

gordi_92 said: "I was wondering if there are shows selling Rushtickets without really advertising them? For example A Beautiful Noise is selling in Person Rushtickets. But you cannot find anything about that on the Website (only about the lottery) and also on the Lottery/Rush List from playbill.com they only List the Lottery for Beautiful Noise. Somewhere I also read that Hadestown is doing Rush but Im not sure if that is true. Does anyone know about other Shows that sell Rush even tho it only says Lottery? That would be very good to know. Thank you :)"

ABN's rush is a "secret". Not advertised but now that the show's been open for over a year, it's not much of a secret anymore. Also heard they upped it to $50 now (was $45).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

NYCtheaterguy
#33Recent rush experiences
Posted: 3/8/24 at 11:24pm

Does An Enemy of the People sell standing room at the box office when the show sells out?  I see that some lottery winners are assigned standing but I haven't won in many tries and with the show selling out regularly, I was hoping that they might sell some additional standing spots at the box office.

gordi_92
#34Recent rush experiences
Posted: 3/9/24 at 5:29am

Ive done Rush/Lotterys many times (my last Trip in April 23 I won 7 Lotterys in 12 days 😳🤩) but I still have some questions. 

A lot of Shows offer Rush and Lottery and they are different prices. Sonetimes Lottery costs more, sometimes Rush costs more. Is there a reason for that? Does it have something to do with seating locations? 

Does anyone know how the high the demand for sweeney rush is at the moment? Do they always have rushtickets? When should I be there? 

What seats did you get through Little Shop Lottery?

How much is A beautiful Noise Rush at the moment? I heard different prices and its not listed on the website.

Thank you :)

Updated On: 3/9/24 at 05:29 AM

bettyco
#35Recent rush experiences
Posted: 3/9/24 at 7:49am

gordi_92 said: "Ive done Rush/Lotterys many times (my last Trip in April 23 I won 7 Lotterys in 12 days 😳🤩) but I still have some questions.

A lot of Shows offer Rush and Lottery and they are different prices. Sonetimes Lottery costs more, sometimes Rush costs more. Is there a reason for that? Does it have something to do with seating locations?

Does anyone know how the high the demand for sweeney rush is at the moment? Do they always have rushtickets? When should I be there?

What seats did you get through Little Shop Lottery?

How much is A beautiful Noise Rush at the moment? I heard different prices and its not listed on the website.

Thank you :)
"

I won the Little Shop lottery about a year ago and the seats were great - Row C on the right side of the theater.  It's such a small space that I'm not sure if there's a bad seat anywhere.

Jmuep2
#36Recent rush experiences
Posted: 3/9/24 at 8:35am

NYCtheaterguy said: "Does An Enemy of the People sell standing room at the box office when the show sells out? I see that some lottery winners are assigned standing but I haven't won in many tries and with the show selling out regularly, I was hoping that they might sell some additional standing spots at the box office."

I went to the box office about an hour before curtain Thursday night. She offered me standing room (among other options) and the show wasn’t sold out. 

Voter
#37Recent rush experiences
Posted: 3/9/24 at 8:42am

I kept loosing the lottery for An Enemy of the People. I went to the box office at 5pm. I purchased a standing room ticket for an 8pm performance (on a Friday). The play started very late (8:10pm). The managers and ushers were giving out sheets of paper to move to actual seats since they were empty at the last minute (given to the standing room crowd). 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#38Recent rush experiences
Posted: 3/9/24 at 10:12am

A Beautiful Noise's rush price is $45. But I've heard they boost it up if the show is near a sellout. Over the Christmas holidays it either wasn't available or it was $75. It's very easy to get on a weeknight. The availability is less for any of the matinees and the seats may be rear orchestra or partial view.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

gordi_92
#39Recent rush experiences
Posted: 3/9/24 at 10:32am

Ah okay, I was planning on seeing it on a thursday Matinee. Thank you :)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#40Recent rush experiences
Posted: 3/9/24 at 10:35am

gordi_92 said: "Ah okay, I was planning on seeing it on a thursday Matinee. Thank you :)"

99% sure they'll sell them. The price may differ though if it's near a sellout.

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#41Recent rush experiences
Posted: 3/9/24 at 11:45am

I stopped by The Notebook on Thursday around 12pm and she said all she had left was Partial View Boxes for $49. It was just an experiment because I had tickets already. Just wanted to report back!