News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#1EL MAGO POP Previews
Posted: 8/16/23 at 12:00am

The master of the impossible is about to take New York by storm.

The highest-grossing European illusionist in the world, Antonio Díaz — El Mago Pop — brings his act to the Ethel Barrymore Theatre for a brief engagement. Previews begin tomorrow night (August 17), opening night is on August 20, and Díaz will perform his final trick on August 27.

“Inspired by the limits of challenging the limits of the impossible, El Mago Pop takes a journey through the extraordinary. Through a show defined by fantasy, sensibility, rhythm and emotion, patrons experience Antonio Díaz’s close-up magic and his most unusual and spectacular illusions. El Mago Pop is a tribute to life and to the hope it instills in us. At its core, El Mago Pop is an existential reminder of all those dreams and illusions that awakened our consciousness in the earliest stages of our lives, so that we never forget who we are.”

Who’s going?

Oh look, a bibu!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2EL MAGO POP Previews
Posted: 8/16/23 at 12:04pm

Was walking down 8th yesterday afternoon and looked down the block towards the theater. Looked like they were still loading stuff in.

Just give the world Love.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#3EL MAGO POP Previews
Posted: 8/17/23 at 10:43am

I won tickets to a 2pm performance next Tuesday, so I'll go then.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#4EL MAGO POP Previews
Posted: 8/17/23 at 10:48pm

Did anyone go tonight?

Telecharge lists a 90-minute runtime, no intermission. 

Oh look, a bibu!

expectingtheworst
#5EL MAGO POP Previews
Posted: 8/18/23 at 10:31am

I'm a bit skeptical about these ticket sales... I was walking home from work last night and these two young girls were standing in the middle of times square (i heard them say to someone they worked for the publicity company or something like that) and they handed out free tix to the show to anyone who was speaking spanish....

it was something, i wish i thought to take a pic - they had a HUGE stack... probably over 150 tix

Updated On: 8/18/23 at 10:31 AM

Msmart44
#6EL MAGO POP Previews
Posted: 8/18/23 at 1:27pm

they gave out a bunch of free tickets to my company as well for shows this Friday and Saturday

yyys
#7EL MAGO POP Previews
Posted: 8/18/23 at 1:46pm

so how was the show??

BroadwaysBroad
#8EL MAGO POP Previews
Posted: 8/18/23 at 2:35pm

I'm really excited to see this!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#9EL MAGO POP Previews
Posted: 8/19/23 at 3:35am

I saw the stint he did on NBC Today show the other day and now I wish I can get a free ticket!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#10EL MAGO POP Previews
Posted: 8/19/23 at 7:08am

Yes, that was impressive, but damn, Hoda (that's Hoda, yes?) is annoying as f**k.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#11EL MAGO POP Previews
Posted: 8/19/23 at 10:11pm

Reading some very disappointed reviews.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

expectingtheworst
#12EL MAGO POP Previews
Posted: 8/19/23 at 10:21pm

Went to see the show tonight  it was alright, some cool magic tricks, overall enjoyable. I wish there were more tricks though, he talks a ton about his life, while it’s interesting…. It’s a lot.

There seemed to be a lot of double seating/ticketing issues so it got started a bit late. Does anyone know what this is about? There were two protestors outside of the theatre, these are the signs:

EL MAGO POP Previews

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#14EL MAGO POP Previews
Posted: 8/20/23 at 12:03pm

“He is building his life on stolen materials”

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

Videos