Broadway Flea Market - Phantom

Theatrefanboy1
#1Broadway Flea Market - Phantom
Posted: 9/16/23 at 7:16pm

I was just curious from people that have visited the phantom table in the past. What types of stuff they had available and what the general price range had been for them? Props? Costumes? Closing programs?   I would appreciate any insight.  Thanks 

willep
#2Broadway Flea Market - Phantom
Posted: 9/16/23 at 8:23pm

Well they wouldn’t have had closing programs in the past.

Listener
#3Broadway Flea Market - Phantom
Posted: 9/17/23 at 1:03am

^ Well, obviously.

I believe they sold off pillows/cushions from the boat in previous years, but I don't know much more than that.

With the show now gone (RIP) would there even be an official "Phantom" table?

I doubt ALW or anyone at the top would bother with that kind of thing...if they were the ones to organize it in the past.

Was it always a company-led thing?

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#4Broadway Flea Market - Phantom
Posted: 9/17/23 at 8:28am

They always had lots, Phantom hats, dancer shoes, Christine costume pieces, crystals from the chandelier, the notes etc.

AEA AGMA SM
#5Broadway Flea Market - Phantom
Posted: 9/17/23 at 2:34pm

Listener said: "I doubt ALW or anyone at the top would bother with that kind of thing...if they were the ones to organize it in the past.

Was it always a company-led thing?
"

Flea Market participation is almost always organized within the company running the day to day show. Producers and writers rarely have a hand in it.

It wouldn't surprise me if they still have a table this year. The Flea Market is a huge fundraiser for BC/EFA and many folks probably held on to things knowing how sought after they would be for this year's market. 

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#6Broadway Flea Market - Phantom
Posted: 9/17/23 at 4:32pm

The Phantom table runs in conjunction with the Michael Crawford fan club. It's also very safe to say there will be a table this year; it will probably be the hottest table in the market.

Prices can't really be predicted - unless people want to cite what they paid with past items that may not even be available this year - but as with the entire flea market, you should arrive early and be prepared to spend $ if you want something rare or special. They will go fast and be priced high. Prices will generally drop throughout the day across the market as shows seek to unload their inventory, but the good stuff will pretty much be gone in the first 2-3 hours - unless there's something that's extremely expensive waiting for the right buyer. 

I recommend seeking out past threads about the flea market to read through what people found and paid if it's your first time.

hearthemsing22
#7Broadway Flea Market - Phantom
Posted: 9/18/23 at 11:16am

I was at the table for a while last year but I don't remember prices I'm sorry Broadway Flea Market - Phantom