pixeltracker

What To Expect From Broadway Week

What To Expect From Broadway Week

RumTumJM
#1What To Expect From Broadway Week
Posted: 12/29/23 at 3:31am

I'm hoping to get tickets to Back To The Future for myself & 3 of my cousins. We'd like to go on Saturday, February 3rd, since that's the only night works for all of us during the "Broadway Week - 2 For 1 Tickets" period. - However, I'm now starting to wonder if I'm getting my hopes up too much.

Given the past, is there a chance that a show like Back To The Future won't participate in the "2 For 1" promo? - Further more, if it does participate, is there a chance that the applicable seats will be limited view seats (I'm hoping for center mezzanine) and/or Saturday nights will be excluded from the promo?

Ultimately, might I be better off to wait/look for other discount codes or even wait until the last minute to see if prices drop? (Is it safe to say that many shows won't sell well throughout late January/early February, resulting in significant price drops as shows approach?)

While I know that nothing is certain, I know that many of you are experts on this type of stuff & can give be the best advice possible. 

Thanks, in advance, for all of your advice/thoughts/perspectives. 

Updated On: 12/29/23 at 03:31 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2What To Expect From Broadway Week
Posted: 12/29/23 at 8:34am

I don't have a lot of information, but do know when the Tix are released the go VERY quickly. The productions only make a finite number of Tix available for each performance - if they participate at all.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#3What To Expect From Broadway Week
Posted: 12/29/23 at 10:33am

I feel confident that Back to the Future will participate in Broadway Week given that they just had tickets up on TDF for the first time.  Review the insider tips here https://www.nycinsiderguide.com/broadway-week-new-york-city as presales often open prior to the official January 9th on sale date. Good Luck.

steve.sometime
#4What To Expect From Broadway Week
Posted: 12/29/23 at 10:49am

Did The Lion King and Aladdin usually participate in Broadway Week? These are the only 2 Broadway theaters I haven't been in. I need to cross them off the list.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#5What To Expect From Broadway Week
Posted: 12/29/23 at 10:56am

steve.sometime said: "Did The Lion King and Aladdin usually participate in Broadway Week? These are the only 2 Broadway theaters I haven't been in. I need to cross them off the list."

They do, but tickets for those two (especially The Lion King) go FAST.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

RumTumJM
#6What To Expect From Broadway Week
Posted: 12/29/23 at 1:23pm

dramamama611 said: "I don't have a lot of information, but do know when the Tix are released the go VERY quickly. The productions only make a finite number of Tix available for each performance - if they participate at all."

Do you think that BTTF (and many other shows, for that matter) will have their own discount codes for this winter, or is my mind stuck too much in the past?

Also, being a die hard concert goer, I know that venues drop prices, when a large amount of tickets go unsold. Do Broadway shows do the same thing, notably during the bad weeks of January & February?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#7What To Expect From Broadway Week
Posted: 12/29/23 at 5:04pm

The deals for Wicked and Lion King aren't much, usually limited to weeknight shows and sell out quickly.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

chrishuyen
#8What To Expect From Broadway Week
Posted: 1/2/24 at 11:45am

I think it's possible that BTTF would only do weekdays and might not have Saturday night performances available for Broadway Week (currently only weekday shows are available on TDF).  I think in the past the Broadway Week seats have always been full view as far as I remember.  Aladdin was never that competitive, but Lion King does go early (I think it's the only sort of discounting they ever do).

As for a promo code, I think it's definitely possible, though it would probably also depend on their advance for February/March.  Due to dynamic pricing, the regular ticket prices in January should be cheaper overall than something like December during the holidays, and while some shows will knock off the premium status on tickets right before a show, I'm not sure if ticket prices across the board would drop that much (usually they'd just send them to TKTS, which could be another thing to check).

Videos