Sunset Baby at Signature

dave1606
#1Sunset Baby at Signature
Posted: 2/3/24 at 4:07pm

Has anyone seen it? I just subscribed to the signature and am seeing it next weekend. Would love to know anyone's thoughts, also if anyone knows a runtime?

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#2Sunset Baby at Signature
Posted: 2/14/24 at 9:04pm

Anyone?

BIG BALONEY Profile Photo
BIG BALONEY
#3Sunset Baby at Signature
Posted: 2/14/24 at 11:02pm

Two friends went this afternoon and both agreed the three character play was well done. I must add both said the N...er word was used to often and they thought it at one point was enough already. Spoke to them separately so feel I should mention it. 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#5Sunset Baby at Signature
Posted: 2/23/24 at 2:27pm

I saw this play pretty early in the run, and while I liked it, I'm not sure the end stuck the landing for me. I hope they worked on it a bit and it's as moving a finale as the story deserves.

sinister teashop Profile Photo
sinister teashop
#6Sunset Baby at Signature
Posted: 2/23/24 at 5:38pm

I doubt if they will change the ending. This is a revival of a play from 2013. I agree the ending is not completely satisfying but I think the performances by Moses Ingram and J. Alphonse Nicholson and Morriseau's character writing is unmissable... two of the greatest performances I've seen on a New York stage for a long while.

Updated On: 2/23/24 at 05:38 PM

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#7Sunset Baby at Signature
Posted: 2/25/24 at 8:43pm

Yes wasn’t implying the writing would change, just maybe some directorial choices surrounding it. I agree the final scene with the two of them is electric. 

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#8Sunset Baby at Signature
Posted: 2/25/24 at 8:49pm

"N...er word was used to often and they thought it at one point was enough already."

This is. Really something.

Jesus saves. I spend.