Ring side seats water elephants

justherehanging
#1Ring side seats water elephants
Posted: 2/23/24 at 7:58am

Does anybody know what this is, there’s no clear definition on their website, Telecharge doesn’t have any information, I’ve reached out to them on social media, which they are promoting ringside seats, but there’s no explanation… It’s a very frustrating, marketing campaign when you don’t have answers

yyys
#2Ring side seats water elephants
Posted: 2/23/24 at 8:09am

First two rows of orchestra. 

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#3Ring side seats water elephants
Posted: 2/23/24 at 8:23am

Sounds like a marketing gimmick to put a positive spin on seats that might be too close/partial view.

justherehanging
#4Ring side seats water elephants
Posted: 2/23/24 at 8:52am

The irony is, they are not listed as obstructed seats on Telecharge and when you call them, they list them that they’re not obstructed

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5Ring side seats water elephants
Posted: 2/23/24 at 9:09am

I seldom sit close, partially preference/partially financial. I took it as an opportunity to get a different view than I usually have. I did choose row b, and the aisle seat on the side to get a little further from the stage.

I don't go until mid/late March - I'm sure plenty of "us" will have experienced before me. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#6Ring side seats water elephants
Posted: 2/23/24 at 9:11am

justherehanging said: "The irony is, they are not listed as obstructed seats on Telecharge and when you call them, they list them that they’re not obstructed"

When I saw the most recent West Side Story revival at the Broadway theater, I sat 2nd or 3rd row center and missed a lot because the stage was so high - and those weren't listed as partial view either. 

Anastasia_Beaverhausen Profile Photo
Anastasia_Beaverhausen
#7Ring side seats water elephants
Posted: 2/23/24 at 9:32am

These “ringside” seats are $117 in the first 2 rows. Row 3 and back are $279+ so the first two rows are clearly obstructed view. Frustrating that they can’t answer their social media inquiries as I have asked also. They’re obviously trying to hide the fact that they’re crap seats. 

Updated On: 2/23/24 at 09:32 AM

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#8Ring side seats water elephants
Posted: 2/23/24 at 9:38am

I was tempted but you get what you pay for and made a decision that my neck will probably thank me for.  The Imperial is huge. Doubt this will be a sell out. I’ll wait.

theatretenor2 Profile Photo
theatretenor2
#9Ring side seats water elephants
Posted: 2/23/24 at 1:34pm

I saw this at The Alliance last year when it was in its out of town tryout. It's a big show, and I sat in like third row orchestra there and missed some stuff. I imagine they are trying to make Ring Side seats sound super exciting, but based on my experience is not the best view of such a big show. I'm pretty interested to see what the reactions are for this one is. It needed a lot of work imho when it was at The Alliance. The second act was the shortest second act I think I've ever seen, so curious to see if they've deepened the story there. The music in the moment is good, but forgettable afterward. The puppetry and aerialist work was the standout for me.

Hope Lombardo
#10Ring side seats water elephants
Posted: 2/23/24 at 1:43pm

it's not such much that you can't buy other seats but that these seats are cheaper than other seats because they're very close to the stage.  For some folks, they'll be fine with this....they save money & they're up in front. I wouldn't do it but then I don't sit in the first rows at movies either. 

also @theaterteno, I saw it in Atlanta as well and I agree that the story itself was weaker than the puppets/circus staging....and the ending (in Atlanta) felt very abrupt.  I believe they've deleted some songs & added others....but they've also replaced the actor playing "older Jacob'" (which i think is a very good move) but "young Jacob" is also new...due to Ryan Vasquez taking a part in The Notebook and also because Grant Gustin was thought to bring in a difference audience. We'll see if Gustin is the right pick....I guess I'll be optimistic because anything is possible before an opening! 

Updated On: 2/23/24 at 01:43 PM