News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Any Chance Stereophonic Runs Thru March?

Any Chance Stereophonic Runs Thru March?

lukeworsham
#1Any Chance Stereophonic Runs Thru March?
Posted: 6/7/24 at 11:07am

What do we think are the odds I'll be able to see Stereophonic when I'm in the city next March

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#2Any Chance Stereophonic Runs Thru March?
Posted: 6/7/24 at 11:21am

No way for any of us to know. Anything could happen in the next year.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3Any Chance Stereophonic Runs Thru March?
Posted: 6/7/24 at 11:54am

Yes, of course there's a chance. It depends on two things:  sales and availabity.

Both of those things are impossible for anyone to know yet.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

sr4mjc Profile Photo
sr4mjc
#4Any Chance Stereophonic Runs Thru March?
Posted: 6/15/24 at 11:42am

Is the principle cast doing matinees? I will be up for work in August and the only show I can do is Sunday matinee.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#5Any Chance Stereophonic Runs Thru March?
Posted: 6/15/24 at 12:58pm

sr4mjc said: "Is the principle cast doing matinees? I will be up for work in August and the only show I can do is Sunday matinee."

Every actor is contracted for 8 performances a week. Even with this being such a long and demanding show, nobody in this cast is a star (yet) and SOOO much of the appeal and allure is about this cast seeming to really be a band. They aren't taking performances off besides when absolutely necessary. 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#6Any Chance Stereophonic Runs Thru March?
Posted: 6/15/24 at 3:27pm

jkcohen626 said: "sr4mjc said: "Is the principle cast doing matinees? I will be up for work in August and the only show I can do is Sunday matinee."

Every actor is contracted for 8 performances a week. Even with this being such a long and demanding show, nobody in this cast is a star (yet) and SOOO much of the appeal and allure is about this cast seeming to really be a band. They aren't taking performances off besides when absolutely necessary.
"

I don't know how this misconception of people not doing matinees has spread so much. While seeing shows this past week several people asked me this question.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

chrishuyen
#7Any Chance Stereophonic Runs Thru March?
Posted: 6/15/24 at 3:33pm

Has anyone actually called out yet?  I'd be kind of curious seeing the dynamic of the group without all of the usual actors in the roles.

I think we might get a better idea of how sales do after the Tonys and into the fall (since that's a historically slow time).  If they're still selling quite well by then, I think they might try to extend it again, though it probably also depends on casting, like dramamama said.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8Any Chance Stereophonic Runs Thru March?
Posted: 6/15/24 at 3:51pm

Lol... I meant availability of the theater. 

It's quite common for actors to sign a year contract, just in case, even with advertised limited run. But also, there's no reason they wouldn't still run this even if they lose an actor or two.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos