Assassins Box Office Opens! -

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#0Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/4/04 at 12:40pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/l.cfm?id=23577

Great cast and much like Sweeney, I have been looking forward to seeing this production...

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#1re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/4/04 at 12:46pm

We've had our tickets for over a month now - seeing it for my mate's birthday - Cannot wait!

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

joeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
#2re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/4/04 at 1:56pm

yes, redhot, it's a Sondheim year for us, isn't it? Sweeney, Assassins, Pacific Overtures...

redhotinnyc2
#3re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/4/04 at 2:07pm

Kangarooman - you are doing a good job of promoting us as a couple, aintcha?...(smiles)

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

joeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
#4re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/4/04 at 2:08pm

i just want the whole world to know, Babee!!!

redhotinnyc2
#5re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/4/04 at 2:30pm

ME2

joeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/4/04 at 2:37pm

okayanyway... back to the topic...

yes, we are looking forward to all the Sondheim shows this year... does anyone know the status of Bounce?

johny0828 Profile Photo
johny0828
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/4/04 at 10:56pm

i cant wait! im looking into buying tickets this weekend for the first weekend its open.

johny0828 Profile Photo
johny0828
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/4/04 at 10:56pm

i just wish raul was going to in this producation.

Qfan Profile Photo
Qfan
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/4/04 at 11:46pm

IM SEEING MY PARENTS SURPRISED ME IM SEEING IT MAY 1ST!

"Look on the Bright Side Not on the Blackside get off your backside shine those shoes! This is your golden opportunity: Your the lightning and the news!" -Assassins

#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/5/04 at 1:05am

I wanna see this, but I really dont like this theatre's seating arrangement... Oh wells, Ill deal.

-Christina

Sheri Profile Photo
Sheri
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/5/04 at 1:12am

I'm hoping to see this in May - I just have to finalize some flight plans... I hope I'll still be able to get tickets!

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#12re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/5/04 at 1:14am

Joey, BOUNCE will have a one night only benifit concert in NYC sometime this spring. That and the release of the OCR will probably be the end of it except for University/Community productions.

Mistress, is the "Theatre's seating arrangement" a problem for people on wheels?

PEACE.

#13re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/5/04 at 1:33am

Yeah, its not the most wheelchair friendly theatre. Im pretty able bodied and have a relatively small chair so its doable but I cant imagine some of my friends with power chairs getting around. And I called them earlier today and theyre not offering a wheelchair discount which is generally pretty standard. If I didnt really wanna see this show, I wouldnt pay them the $90 bucks for me struggle to get around.

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#14re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/5/04 at 7:08pm

Thats disgraceful. Anyone for a letter flooding?

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

#15re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/6/04 at 12:11am

Woah, im not trying to start any kind of problem lol Ive done my share of activism but I dont know what theyd do to make the place better either except have less tables. Though it would be nice if they offered a wheelchair discount like pretty much every other theatre on broadway.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#16re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/6/04 at 12:34am

That wheelchair thing is awful! We should write in! If no one else is then I will! That's terrible. It's discrimination of the lowest form!

Of all the show this season I'm most excited about Assassins! Neil Patrick Harris is a favorite of mine. He is wonderful in the Sweeney Todd DVD. If anyone hasn't seen it I recommend it highly! I can't believe it is only going to run for about a month! They better extended it! It's too good not to have an open run. And I'm upset that they are still using Cabaret's table set up. That, to me, was FOR Cabaret. It doesn't make sense to do it for any other show, but I guess it's cheeper to just leave it how it is instead of turn it into a full theatre. But, that's show biz! Updated On: 3/6/04 at 12:34 AM

cabarethed
#17re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/6/04 at 1:07am

Mistress, my parents are in wheelchairs so I've always been very sensitive to that issue...they should be able to seat you in the 100s with no problem- they have a few tables that they try to sell to people in chairs. I've seen many power chairs there before- once a group outing, and things were fine. There's just a tiny step, but the ushers are very accomodating. I think it's terrible there's no discount though...but remember, this Is Roundabout, not exactly the most sensitive of theatre companies.

#18re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/6/04 at 1:12am

Well, unfortunately for some people a step is a step no matter how tiny it is. Like I said, I could get around alright, but the setup definitely kept me from going back over and over. And maybe I went on someone's bad day, but no one helped me with the step, but I could still do it. Im not trying to make this like an 'issue' here lol ya know, it was just sortve an off handed comment that the setup aint the best.

Galinda Profile Photo
Galinda
#19re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/6/04 at 10:09am

i do, i do, i do! :-P

i saw the show in Chicago, and it was G-R-E-A-T.

the show then went to washington dc, went okay, then the producers reviewed it after some changes had been made, etc.

and gosh-darnit, they said it wasn't good enough for NYC... re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -

rats.

break those chains.....with all you posess...

cabarethed
#20re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/6/04 at 5:12pm

Oh no, I wasn't trying to make it a big deal, I do understand. I'm pretty disappointed they didn't comply more with the ADA since it was renovated in late 1998. Updated On: 3/6/04 at 05:12 PM

#21re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Assassins Box Office Opens! -
Posted: 3/6/04 at 5:26pm

yeah, itd be nice if someone ever decided to enforce the ADA.

Videos