scary spice

MelB4Ever
#50re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: bah
Posted: 4/17/04 at 1:19pm

The reason I post in here was because some members in this forum were writing false info about Mel B which wasnt true so I just wanted to correct them and give them the real information. The other reason I post in this board is because its a scary spice topic afterall so I think i'm allowed to post in here. I also dont think you have to be a broadway fan to post here, just my opinion. There's no rules that state "if your not a fan then you can't post in here."

FindingNamo
#51re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: bah
Posted: 4/17/04 at 1:30pm

And I just wanted to correct your stupidi... oh, sorry, IGNORANCE in spending anything more than 60 bucks for a ticket to RENT, even with the first lady of American theater as Mimi. There are discount codes everywhere... so save you allowance and look around cuz EVEN Mel B isn't worth that kinda money at this stage in RENT's existence.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#52re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: bah
Posted: 4/17/04 at 1:34pm

Oh hell, let's just cut to the chase and ask MelB4ever if she recognizes any of the following names: Julie Harris, Philip Bosco, Vanessa Redgrave...

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#53re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: bah
Posted: 4/17/04 at 1:49pm

i think it is actually one of the other washed-up spice girl members with nothing else to do. and no mel, i dont mean that as a compliment but you may take it as one if you'd like. i never said you couldnt post, i just take issue with what you post and what your motives for doing so are- if you are not a broadway fan and know nothing about broadway (and as namo said, you apparently dont if you spent $90 on a rent ticket) then why would you care to post on "BROADWAYWORLD.COM"? im sure that there is some spice-freak site you could find where everyone will share your interests, and you can tell them all what horrible lies people post at broadwayworld... mel from the spice girls... a diva? no. your right. absolutly not possible.

FindingNamo
#54re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: bah
Posted: 4/17/04 at 1:57pm

And plus, I am on record as having enjoyed Spice World. So, no Spice Basher, I. Who can forget Jennifer Saunders super-delectable cameo? "Look! I'm talking to a Spice Girl! (sneer)"

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#55re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: bah
Posted: 4/17/04 at 3:52pm

"melb4ever- why are you even a member here if you care about mel more than rent, itself? sorry, i know thats harsh but you dont strike me as a braodway fan... especially seeing as you joined around the time that mel announced that she was going into rent. this may just be speculation on my part, but im guessing that when she leaves rent we wont be reading your posts around here anymore, or maybe you'll just change your member name to sing the praises of the next pop star who decides to do broadway because their career is in a slump."
nystateomind04-I totally agree!
Melb4ever, don't join this list just to defend Mel B. This list is about Broadway shows, information, etc...

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#56re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: bah
Posted: 4/17/04 at 4:47pm

MelB4ever...your posts are insulting. The reason we post here is because we love theatre and because we love Broadway. Yeah, most of us will go see shows for our favorite actors/actresses, but that isn't why we are interested in theatre in the first place. The fact that you went to RENT, was BORED because Melanie wasn't there, and are now seeing it again just to *once again* attempt to see her in it, that is insulting to people who respect theatre for what it is and not the pop stars that invade it every so often. If you can't see the beauty in theatre fine, but don't waste your time posting on a BROADWAY website about your "pop idol" if you have no respect for what we all love and talk about.

And don't flame me for being nasty, folks...this is probably the meanest thing I've ever posted and it could've been a LOT worse... Updated On: 4/17/04 at 04:47 PM

JasonX Profile Photo
JasonX
#57Hmm
Posted: 4/17/04 at 7:53pm

Oh DEAR. I just heard a clip of Melanie singing "Out Tonight", listen to it and EAT your words.

As it's been mentioned in this thread already, NONE of you actually owns this place. And you guys sound A LOT MORE insulting that MelB4Ever does. Did your interest to "Rent" or any other musical came out of NOWHERE? Have you been BORN as the Broadway fans in the first place? Yes, I admit that I got interested in the musical JUST because of Melanie B. But hey I learned and discovered so much about "Rent" and even about Broadway in general and would definitely pay it a visit once I get to NYC.

We may not be as knowledgeable about musicals as some of you yet, but it doesn't mean that you should ridicule someone's starting interest towards it. That is NOT a sign of an intelligence.

NYCbabe3789
#58re: Hmm
Posted: 4/17/04 at 7:56pm

"We may not be as knowledgeable about musicals as some of you yet, but it doesn't mean that you should ridicule someone's starting interest towards it."

When did MelB ever show signs of a "starting interest?" She was BORED.

Well, not everyone is going to see the beauty of theatre, as I said. But for God's sake this is a BROADWAY board!!! Updated On: 4/17/04 at 07:56 PM

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#59re: re: Hmm
Posted: 4/17/04 at 8:17pm

I think JasonX means *his* starting interest in Broadway. And you know, I think it's good. Afterall, isn't the idea of stunt casting to entice an audience who would normally not watch Broadway shows to come out and develop an interest? Although I myself am not rolling in excitement over Mel B's appearance, I think if she can turn on a new group of fans who can develop a new appreciation of theatre, then I can live with her. (However, the members who are joining just to shill for Mel B are in the wrong place.)

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

NYCbabe3789
#60re: re: re: Hmm
Posted: 4/17/04 at 8:23pm

Agree completely with everything Type_a_tiff said.

I do think it's good for people who wouldn't normally be interested in theatre to discover they like it, no matter how it happened. If JasonX went to RENT for Mel B and discovered that he really likes theatre, that's great.

But considering this is a Broadway board and the people on it are here to talk about theatre, joining just to gush about Mel B when you really have no respect or admiration for the theatre is going to piss some people off...me, for example.

iflitifloat
#61re: re: re: re: Hmm
Posted: 4/17/04 at 8:50pm

The bottom line, I think, is that anyone who posts needs to be willing to take the heat for what they say. Did you ever notice, though, that opinions that are backed up with reasons tend to be respected, even if they are not agreed with. It's the "so-and-so is SO nice because she talked to me and signed my playbill...she DESERVES to win the Tony because she ROCKS" posts that push people's buttons.

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#62re: re: re: re: re: Hmm
Posted: 4/17/04 at 9:21pm

OY VEY! i always try to not make a contoversy on these posts and be very "diplomatic" with the things i say. but now its just to far. posting to defend mel b? bored of RENT? Unless you are a personal friend of MelB how do u know how if she is or isnt diva?People are reporting from others they know about how she acts how she is performing etc. Just because she was nice to you when you met her doesnt mean a thing. - this goes for all actors/actresses. I dunno sounds kinda stalker-ish to me. You can stalk her all you want, pay $90 tickets to see her in RENT every night of the week. (More money for Bway right?) But if you have no interest in the theatre at all dont post your thoughts on a BROADWAY message board. Keep your commments to your Spice Girls message board. - if they are any left.

Sry if that was mean. But enough is enough

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"
Updated On: 4/17/04 at 09:21 PM

etoile
#63re: re: re: re: re: re: Hmm
Posted: 4/17/04 at 11:14pm

Have some compassion for MelB4Ever. Not only suckered into paying full price, but probably also ran out of Kleenex in the restroom trying to dry those tears.

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#64re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Hmm
Posted: 4/18/04 at 3:36am

^ LOL. Gosh, I think if it wasn't the OBC, I wouldn't pay $90 for Rent. Oy. The official website (siteforrent.com) even tells you 2 different ways you can buy advanced tickets and save almost 50%!

And I agree - it's one thing to come to the defense of a performer to defend their talent but unless someone's a personal acquaintance, it's really impossible to say for sure that someone is "really nice". It's kind of naive, IMHO.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

iflitifloat
#65re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Hmm
Posted: 4/18/04 at 2:43pm

When it comes right down to it, does it matter if a performer is nice or not? I go to see a good show. Anything else is just extra.

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#66re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Hmm
Posted: 4/18/04 at 5:38pm

Who is Farrah Fawcett or Uta Hagen? Never heard of them.

But J-Lo would be a mean Mimi.

*Guffaw*

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

StateOfJade
#67re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Hmm
Posted: 4/18/04 at 5:44pm

umm why am I insane? just cause I told all the facts?
I'm sorry but Melanie never have been and never will be a bitch. I even heard stories that she calls her fans just to tell them hi and if thats what you call being bitchy then I dont know what is nice for you. Mel has always been a beautiful person inside and outside and will always remain that way no matter what people say.

'Never has been and never will be a bitch.' Maybe you ARE insane. How do you know this? I remember I saw Frenchie on one of her first days-total sweetheart. Then the fame got to her. She was one of the bitchiest rudest people I've ever talked to. Not a fun expirience. And seriously, you cannot say she is a beautiful person inside and out. That's just bull. Just because she's a Spice Girl, doesn't mean she's some superhero with zero imperfections.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

StateOfJade
#68re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Hmm
Posted: 4/18/04 at 5:47pm

The only reason I went to yesterdays show was because of Mel B, too bad she wasnt there yesterday, I hope everything will turn out ok by Monday. The show wasnt bad but I was still bored cause Melanie wasnt there. Mel B is my idol and thats why I went to see RENT. I was really disappointed and of course I spend $90 for ticket. I still think she's a great person and what tabloids write is all bull****.

Oh PLEASE. You went there JUST to see Mel B? And sorry to burst your bubble, but the 'tabloids' are most likely right. I saw her last night when a friend and I were passing the theatre, and she looked awful. NOT friendly at all, whatsoever, and she looked completeley wiped out. I am dreading what her presence will do to this show.

*Edited* Here, see what you think of her. Though I wouldn't really mind your opinion, seeing you're not a theatre person. http://melanie-c.org/spicebeats.html Sounds too horrible to be true. I'd even prefer Krystal over her.

Updated On: 4/18/04 at 05:47 PM

DaBlast
#69Okay
Posted: 4/19/04 at 12:30am

I want to know exactly how many of the Mel B haters around here have gotten the chance to speak to Mel B in person?? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE theater and I also love Mel B. I say you should at least get a chance to talk to her before you make such judgements or at least go SEE THE DAMN play before you make such accusations. Otherwise shut your hole.

NYCbabe3789
#70re: Okay
Posted: 4/19/04 at 6:40am

"I say you should at least get a chance to talk to her before you make such judgements or at least go SEE THE DAMN play before you make such accusations. Otherwise shut your hole."

Right. That last part made sense, about seeing the show before judging her.

But why on EARTH should we talk to Mel B? If she gives a god-awful peformance then she could be the sweetest gal in the world and it wouldn't change my opinion of her acting ability.

One thing to remember, folks:

NICENESS AND TALENT
are not connected!!
Updated On: 4/19/04 at 06:40 AM

iflitifloat
#71re: re: Okay
Posted: 4/19/04 at 7:07am

Amen, NYC.

Updated On: 4/19/04 at 07:07 AM

MelB4Ever
#72re: re: re: Okay
Posted: 4/23/04 at 10:21pm

You spent NINETY DOLLARS? In a word, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Maybe MelB can call you up and sing "Out Tonight" over the phone to cheer you up!!!!! After her throat deflames.

very funny... NOT, all i can say is grow up.

MelB4Ever
#73re: re: re: re: Okay
Posted: 4/23/04 at 10:32pm

melb4ever- why are you even a member here if you care about mel more than rent, itself? sorry, i know thats harsh but you dont strike me as a braodway fan... especially seeing as you joined around the time that mel announced that she was going into rent. this may just be speculation on my part, but im guessing that when she leaves rent we wont be reading your posts around here anymore, or maybe you'll just change your member name to sing the praises of the next pop star who decides to do broadway because their career is in a slump.

The reason I'm member here is because I see Mel B topics so I reply to them and no I'm not a broadway fan and never been. Nope, most likely you wont be reading my posts when she leaves and broadworld.com message board should be lucky it gained a few members because Of Mel B.

secret-soul Profile Photo
secret-soul
#74re: re: re: re: re: Okay
Posted: 4/23/04 at 10:40pm

actually, no. that was really funny.
The other thing is---yes, maybe you had a nice little meeting with Ms. Mel B and you think she's the nicest person in the whole world. But remember...just because she was nice for that amount of time does not make her a nice person. I'm not saying she's not. Trust me, I have no experience with her and really have no opinion on the matter. I'm just stating the possibilities and the facts.
And maybe YOU should grow up. Um...the Spice Girls? I, too am a fan of the movie...it rocked my world...in MIDDLE SCHOOL. That was ages ago and they're no longer an established group so if you're going to post about them, i think most of us would appreciate it if you did it on someone elses' time, not ours. This board (no I don't own it so don't send that crap my way) is meant for Broadway fans who give a crap about the shows for what they are, not for the former-pop stars that are unfortunately brought in to boost ticket sales. I'm sorry, but I'm just telling you the truth and the facts. Next time someone wants to post about Mel B without crediting the show for what it's worth, i suggest you take it to the off-topic board or another one altogether. thanks.
laurs

Plince! Plince! Nein! T-Rex!!