What songs do you skip?

BWayBoy88
#0What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 2:45pm

Are there certain songs you skip everytime you listen to a CD?
I always skip the Wizard's songs on the Wicked CD.

sycorax
#1re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 2:47pm

I usually skip "Children, Children" on Bat Boy. I dunno, there's something about it which makes it go over like a lead balloon on CD.

"It means that the other guys didn't win!" --Jeff Marx on what winning a Tony would mean to him

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#2re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 2:49pm

To be honest, I usually skip "Hello, Little Girl" & "I Know Things Now" from INTO THE WOODS.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#3re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 2:54pm

Of course you skip the Wizard's songs on the Wicked CD. Who doesn't? But for me Joel Grey is a bright spot on a CD that lacks any depth whatsoever...

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#4re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 2:56pm

I also skip all those songs before and after "Memory"

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#5re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 2:58pm

I skip "Johanna" (the one sung by The Judge) on "Sweeney Todd." And I never listen to the last five songs on the "Little Shop of Horrors" CD ("A Little Dental Music," "The Worse He Treats Me," "We'll Have Tomorrow," "I Found a Hobby," and "Bad"). Same with the "Wonderful Town" CD, I skip the ones sung by Comden and Green.

J. Profile Photo
J.
#6re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 2:59pm

Everyone skips the Wizard songs along with "Something Bad" "March of the whatever" "Dear Old Shiz" and "Defying Gravity" becasue stephen schwats is the kind of persong who write song OUTSTANDING songs and some ****ty songs for every show.

CATSNYrevival
#7re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:01pm

Matt_G, I hate you. But in a loving kinda way. re: What songs do you skip?

TheQuibbler
#8re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:03pm

I wanna try this...

"Everyone skips the Wizard songs along with 'Something Bad,' 'March of the Witch Hunters,' 'Dear Old Shiz,' and 'Defying Gravity' because Stephen Schwartz is the kind of person who writes some OUTSTANDING songs and some sh*tty songs for every show."

CATSNYrevival
#9re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:06pm

OMG, Like when did we start skiping 'Defying Gravity'??? Ugh... I'm such a bad WickedHead...

J. Profile Photo
J.
#10re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:06pm

matt g that is uncalled for. shame on you mr. g, shame on you. this is a ficticious message board. CATS is an outstanding show and all the music is wonderful and youre just jealous becasue some sondheim show isnt the most successful. lol

CATSNYrevival
#11re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:08pm

Hey, hey. Matt_G is allowed to make fun of CATS. It's the only time I find the cat-jokes funny....

J. Profile Photo
J.
#12re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:10pm

ill admit it was funny.

J. Profile Photo
J.
#13re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:14pm

Look at me everyone!

"I skip "Johanna" (the one sung by The Judge) on "Sweeney Todd." And I never listen to the last five songs on the "Little Shop of Horrors" CD ("A Little Dental Music," "The Worse He Treats Me," "We'll Have Tomorrow," "I Found a Hobby," and "Bad"). Same with the "Wonderful Town" CD, I skip the ones sung by Comden and Green."

CATSNYrevival
#14re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:19pm

And after all that we don't skip "Thank Goodness"??? I don't get it...

TheQuibbler
#15re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:19pm

You didn't change anything.

J. Profile Photo
J.
#16re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:20pm

oh you changed things? i dont even read them. i just cut and paste. and i thought i posted meaningless posts.

TheQuibbler
#17re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:23pm

I'm just trying to help your grammar and typing skills.

J. Profile Photo
J.
#18re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:25pm

seriously are they much worse that others'?

TheQuibbler
#19re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:32pm

Not necessarily. But, it makes you (not just you specifically) look unintelligent and it muddles what you're trying to say.

CATSNYrevival
#20re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:36pm

Thank you Captain "thinks he's better than everyone else"... re: What songs do you skip?

TheQuibbler
#21re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:40pm

Hahaha...

...that's not true, by the way.

Broadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
#22re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 3:50pm

There is at least 1 song I skip in most of my musical recordings. Even the best of shows tend to have a song or two where I can take the time to check my playbill or admire the sets. On Avenue Q, I skip the underwear song and often "Fine Fine Line" (love the song, just got tired of it). With Rent, I'm one of the few who skips Seasons of Love. I don't think I've ever listened to "Turning" on any of my Les Mis CD's.

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

BwayTheatre11
#23re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 4:17pm

I sort of find it immature to just skip songs. I try to give every song a chance. re: What songs do you skip?

CCM '10!

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#24re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 5:28pm

I really don't skip songs on cast recordings. Unless it's a song I can't stand at all, I try to listen to the whole recording. Especially on the ones that I don't have memorized, I try not to skip.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

Videos