pixeltracker

So who is going to be Audrey II?

So who is going to be Audrey II?

catcher Profile Photo
catcher
#0So who is going to be Audrey II?
Posted: 6/29/03 at 12:37am

I have heard names for almost every role, but not that one... Does anyone know who even went it?

scooter38432 Profile Photo
scooter38432
#1re: So who is going to be Audrey II?
Posted: 6/29/03 at 6:47am

Well, it was supposed to be Billy Porter before the whole changing of the guard.

I think a great twist would be to have LILIAS WHITE do it. It would be nice to hear a female singing it. I realize that part of the joke is that Seymour names the plant after a girl, and a huge black man's voice comes out of it ... but the beloved LILIAS would kick some serious butt singing that role.

Itty Bitty Geisha? Toyland? Gypsy Pasadoble? Just a few popular favorites...

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#2re: re: So who is going to be Audrey II?
Posted: 6/29/03 at 7:35am

I think a woman singing that part would take something from the show.

scooter38432 Profile Photo
scooter38432
#3re: re: re: So who is going to be Audrey II?
Posted: 6/29/03 at 8:43am

I agree that it would be a gamble...

But we've already seen (heard) it the other way. I'd welcome a new twist. The material is so strong on its own. It would be interesting to see Seymour torn between two females -- each Audrey seducing him in her own way (directly or indirectly).

And imagine what Liias White could do with those songs!

"She's a maneater...."

Itty Bitty Geisha? Toyland? Gypsy Pasadoble? Just a few popular favorites...

BudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
#4re: re: re: re: So who is going to be Audrey II?
Posted: 6/29/03 at 10:23am

Interesting point, scooter...

I think it'd be cool to have Audrey II was a woman. To hear some of those songs the plant sings belted by a female would give me goosebumps galore!

I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#5re: re: re: re: re: So who is going to be Audrey II?
Posted: 6/29/03 at 11:28am

well since her voice is too deep to be audrey...i think Orfeh would make a good Audrey 2 off stage..she has that rock voice that's needed for the part.

CaTheatreGirl Profile Photo
CaTheatreGirl
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: So who is going to be Audrey II?
Posted: 6/29/03 at 11:43am

I've been away on vacation for a few days. What other names have been mentioned for LSOH roles? Doesn't it seem that Hunter Foster and Alice Ripley will remain in the show?

ShineOn
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: re: So who is going to be Audrey II?
Posted: 6/29/03 at 2:34pm

Alice is definitely not going back into "Little Shop of Humiliations," as she so eloquently put it. She's doing a play in DC called, "Shakespeare in Hollywood." Apparently a "funny-HAHA-smackyourselfintheass" little comedy that Alice thinks everyone should be in attendance for. :) If it were in NY, I'd prolly so be there, but I'm poor and such is life...

If anyone's in the DC area, go support our little ex-Audrey!
Alice Ripley

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin
Updated On: 6/29/03 at 02:34 PM

#8re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: So who is going to be Audrey II?
Posted: 6/29/03 at 2:41pm

LMFAO! That's a good one. I love Alice. We nicknamed the worst High School production of that show "Little Show of Horrors" because everything that could be wrong was in it.

Is it true Felicia Finley is doing Little Shop after Evita?

I heard Hunter Foster might come back in August.

lensman Profile Photo
lensman
#9re: re: So who is going to be Audrey II?
Posted: 6/29/03 at 3:00pm

I think I read once that a local theatre group couldn't find a male voice they liked so they ended up casting a woman. They seemed to think it went over well.

lensman Profile Photo
lensman
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: So who is going to be Audrey II?
Posted: 6/29/03 at 3:03pm

I did a production of "The Man Who Came To Dinner" where the set design was so bad the director put in the program; Set Design - Tacky Productions Inc.

Tacky Productions Inc. seemed to follow me throughout most of my theatrical career since...

Videos