"The Kite" from YAGMCB

PJ
#0"The Kite" from YAGMCB
Posted: 7/27/04 at 7:05pm

I need some advice. Is "The Kite" from You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown a good audition song for a baritone/bass? I figured it would be b/c it shows a comedic side and is a quick, two minute song. That way, I wouldn't have to cut anything for the NYU audition. Oh, and for the audition I need the the music on a cd or cassette. How would I go about getting the music? I've looked for a karaoke-type cd for the show and found nothing.

I'm also open to any other suggestions that you may have to offer.

Help PJ!

prof Profile Photo
prof
#1re: 'The Kite' from YAGMCB
Posted: 7/27/04 at 9:29pm

No, that song is for a tenor. You'll be reaching.

Try "Miracle of Miracle" from Fiddler on the Roof. A bit lower.

Or "The Blanket song" from YAGMCB.

"Sing out, Louise!"

ponine24601
#2re: 'The Kite' from YAGMCB
Posted: 7/27/04 at 9:30pm

you mean 'My Blanket and Me' from YAGMCB

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#3re: 'The Kite' from YAGMCB
Posted: 7/27/04 at 9:31pm

I love "My Blanket and Me!"

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

PJ
#4re: 'The Kite' from YAGMCB
Posted: 7/27/04 at 9:39pm

I could have sworn "The Kite Song" was baritone/bass. It's even listed in a book of vocal selections I was looking at. And it was a book for baritone/bass singers. Perhaps the original version from the Off-Broadway cast is written in my key?

Coondiggitydogg
#5re: 'The Kite' from YAGMCB
Posted: 7/27/04 at 10:40pm

I'm a bass/baritone and i use it all the time for my auditions. I really like it. easy to show your ability to sing and act, fun for the directors to hear.
My blanket and me is sooo BLAH

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#6re: 'The Kite' from YAGMCB
Posted: 7/27/04 at 11:05pm

My daughter's voice or piano teachers have often done her the favor of making an accompaniment tape for songs she will be singing.

Can't hurt to ask.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

NuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
#7re: 'The Kite' from YAGMCB
Posted: 7/28/04 at 12:26am

can't hurt to stab a goat.
-d.b.j-

Vary My Days.

KMF_NYC Profile Photo
KMF_NYC
#8re: 'The Kite' from YAGMCB
Posted: 7/28/04 at 11:33am

I'm a baritone/nbass and was cast as Charlie Brown once -- this song is great for an audition, but the range may be tough -- it's seeminly a simple little song, but not an easy one to do well...not usre if you are singing in the original key or having it brought down -- but if you can sing it well without reaching too hard, go for it

"Sir K, the Viscount of Uppity-shire...." -- kissmycookie

M J R Profile Photo
M J R
#9re: 'The Kite' from YAGMCB
Posted: 7/31/04 at 12:49pm

I'm sorry - I have to say do NOT sing THE KITE to audition for NYU! Find something that will show off your vocal abilities and give you a chance to act - I did YAGMCB for 5 months. The song is not that great for either one. I think you can find much better...

"High time we made a stand and shook up the views of the common man" - Tears for Fears
Updated On: 7/31/04 at 12:49 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#10re: 'The Kite' from YAGMCB
Posted: 7/31/04 at 1:10pm

Is there a link to hear these songs? Never heard em!

WiCkEDrOcKS
#11re: 'The Kite' from YAGMCB

WiCkEDrOcKS
#12re: 'The Kite' from YAGMCB

WiCkEDrOcKS
#13re: 'The Kite' from YAGMCB

WHY AM I DOUBLE POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????? GRRRRRRRRRR

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#14re: 'The Kite' from YAGMCB
Posted: 7/31/04 at 1:28pm

YAGMCB is available on CD and you can listen to those songs and others on there. Its not difficult to find.

Remember, Broadway existed before Wicked.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)