Wicked 8/11/04

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#25re: Wicked 8/11/04
Posted: 8/12/04 at 9:39pm

i cant wait to see the new cast?does JLT try to get a laugh outta every line like cheno?

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

tappedout
#26re: Wicked 8/11/04
Posted: 8/12/04 at 10:11pm

I saw the show 7 days before you and came away witha completely different experience. It must have been because I was sitting in the mezzanie But here is what I felt. I saw the show in SF and thought it was good but then I hear that Wicked is god from what seems like every direction so I must see it in NY. I thought it was better but I was a little disappointed perhaps because I went in with SUCH high expectations. I am a huge Idina fan and went to see the show for her but I came out remembering JLT and in awe more so of her than anyone else. I thought Joey Mcintyre was pretty good in the role, considering it is basically a nothing role on par with that of the wizard, and that Jennifer Laura Thompson was great as G(a)linda. Idina, while having an undisputed incredible voice(although I did hear a lot of vocal fatigue) did not really do that much for me. It was obvious as to who the audience loved from the very beginning and afterwards from the lines of girls at the stage door screaming "Idina!!!!!" but I honestly was just a little let down.

Side story: At the stage door these hoards of girls spotted me and decided since Idina wasn't coming out and I looked like her to put a hat on my head and make me pose as her....12 pictures later I manage to get away when the real diva comes out and climbs into her limo. I could still hear the screaming and wailing of a lot of those girls halfway down the street. According to the stage hand, she does that a lot and these girls go away all the time dissapointed. It was kind of depressing....

you think you know but you have no idea.....

PattyO'Furniture Profile Photo
PattyO'Furniture
#27re: Wicked 8/11/04
Posted: 8/12/04 at 10:16pm

Exactly how bad is Joey as Fiyero? I hated Norbert in that role. I also hated Joel as the wizard, I suppose b/c in the novel, the wizard is nothing short of...uh...wicked himself. Joel was too nice to be the wizard. I dunno why, but I seem to hate both of those roles more than anything.

Also, I agree that JLT needs to keep it consistent.

eyecu Profile Photo
eyecu
#28re: Wicked 8/11/04
Posted: 8/12/04 at 11:25pm

I saw Sean McCourt and I have to agree. I thought he was the best Wizard to date, but that's just me. I also though Eden was a better Elphaba (Idina is amazing herself, don't get me wrong), so how serious can you take me? Go understudies!

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#29re: Wicked 8/11/04
Posted: 8/12/04 at 11:50pm

Joe seems to be getting lots of mixed reviews. I am sad about not getting to see Norbert but I am still a NKOTB fan at heart so I think I will enjoy Joe.

And Kellie, Joe MCINTYRE is the reason that I am going to be able to see Wicked next month. My sister saw that he was going to be in it, and she agreed to make an entire trip to nyc with me! I have been dying to see it and needed more people to drag along. Of course, we arent the most typical of people...but I am sure there are others out there in their 20s that remain loyal to their old obsessions.
I havent seen him act much but he does have a beautiful voice.

I feel is a combination of stunt and regular casting. I bet they thought he would be good...and it just didnt hurt that he used to be super-famous.
He and my sister are both married but its a matter of fulfilling a long-standing dream!

"My friends have made the story of my life." -Helen Keller

Kelliexo90 Profile Photo
Kelliexo90
#30re: Wicked 8/11/04
Posted: 8/12/04 at 11:59pm

Sorry about the spelling. You know if you need more people to bring along, you can pick me up on the way. I'm always willing to see a show re: Wicked 8/11/04 I'd actually like to judge for myself how he is, I haven't seen him.

What is Broadway? A street? Some say it's a street. Some say it is the best street in the world. Others think its terrible. That's the beauty of it, it's terribly beautiful. Some hate it and don't know why. Others love it and don't know why. That's what makes it so wonderful, it's a mystery.

TheAudrey3 Profile Photo
TheAudrey3
#31re: Wicked 8/11/04
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:18am

I also disliked Norbert in the role and saw it again on Taye Diggs' last day as Fiyero, wishing that it was him on the cast recording because I had enjoyed it so much. I think they should bring him back.

"It does what a musical's supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue."

shesings
#32re: Wicked 8/11/04
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:27am

I too wish the had picked Taye. Though I think he probably has other commitments. Aside from the fact that I would be insanely jealous of Idina, it would be so awesome to see them!

I also have to say I don't really see Joey McIntyre as stunt casting. I mean its not as if hes really a celeb anymore. This is not 1986. He has however been in some other things - including Tick Tick Boom working with Steven Schwartz's son ... that seems to be the bigger connection to me than his "fame"

shesings
#33re: Wicked 8/11/04
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:29am

I'm just confused as to why the Post thought this was news NOW. I mean I heard about all the supposed battles back in the winter. I mean its not really news. Apparently the gossip people at the Post are out of ideas. I wonder if I could get a job there making up more recent rumors. That would be fun.

shmardog
#34re: Wicked 8/11/04
Posted: 8/28/04 at 11:19pm

I think the critic on Joey's performance was too harsh. I saw the show and I was not aware that Fiyero was being played by Joey. His voice was terrific. I agree though, that there was not much chemistry between Joey and Idina.

Love Wicked!!!! Peace!!!

FindingNamo
#35re: Wicked 8/11/04
Posted: 8/28/04 at 11:31pm

There was none between Edna and Norbert neither.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#36re: Wicked 8/11/04
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:21am

But Namo...there was less between Edna and Joey

xluckystar2107x Profile Photo
xluckystar2107x
#37re: Wicked 8/11/04
Posted: 8/29/04 at 2:07am

Captain_Obvious:
geeeh. she will never do it JUST like kristin. they each have their own way. and as for the "pop-boy" i go to the theatre to get away from that style music if i wanted to watch a pop video id turn on MTV not buy a 100 dollar theatre ticket. The boy from the block needs to shape up.

Videos