pixeltracker

What's your favorite Broadway set?- Page 3

What's your favorite Broadway set?

ponine24601
#50re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/14/04 at 9:32pm

that's my favorite set in the show. that and the 'fortune favors the brave' set.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#51re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/14/04 at 9:51pm

i forgot Chicago's set- yes i kinow its just a staircase and bandshell but still

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

LongIsland Grl Profile Photo
LongIsland Grl
#52re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/14/04 at 11:53pm

I always loved the rotating stage in Les Mis, especially during "On My Own". Whoever was playing Eponine was physically walking but she stayed in the same spot. I was 9 when I saw that (back in 1989)and I thought it was the coolest thing.

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#53re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 12:04am

LES MIS, WICKED, PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. I have to give snaps to the set of BOY FROM OZ, it isn't a ton, but the space in the back of the Imperial is tiny, to fit all of that set in the theatre is incredible.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

OhSoWicked
#54re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 12:41am

I like how while you're waiting for Wicked to start, you're staring at the map of...Oz...straight from Maguire's novel...it's awesome. And the Emerald City looks so pretty glowing in the middle.

broadwaysweetheart
#55re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 4:19am

I liked Millie's

bogey_LIVE
#56re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 5:59am

I like Bernadette Peters Set too! HOT!!!! I want ot make out with her. I also think that the best broadway set has to go to...INTO THE WOODS REVIVAL?????? What the hell were they thinking????

Jon
#57re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 10:11am

1. SWEENEY TODD
2. The last revival of SHOWBOAT

The brilliant Eugene Lee seems to be the one person who knows how to fill the gigantic stage of the Gershwin.

shesings
#58re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 12:25pm

I pick Nine - and having Antonio Banderas on the stage just is an amazing little touchj. How could he not make any set look more beautiful?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#59re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 12:50pm

Sunset Blvd, Proof, Sweeney Todd and I was impressed with the set in A Raisin in the Sun

Just give the world Love.

BWayBoy88
#60re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 3:37pm

I love the Dragon in the Wicked set, but it has nothing to do with the show. In the book, the whole first section revolved around it, however it is mentioned maybe once in the show. I love the Les Mis set.

bogey_LIVE
#61re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 4:48pm

I think that you are hot 'shesings'...you look a lot like Mark Paul Gosselar...mmmmmm :)

PattyO'Furniture Profile Photo
PattyO'Furniture
#62re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 6:05pm

I definately agree w/ BWayBoy. The novel does a fantastic job of describing the Clock of the Time Dragon. The show, however, does not. They really should've thought of that before devoting the entire thematic element of the set to something that, as BWay said, is only mentioned a few times. It just doesn't make sense to me. It's just too...clocky (?) for a show that seems to have nothing to do w/ the clock. Ya know???

kissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
#63re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 10:40pm

I'd have to also say Sunset Boulevard as having one of the best sets I've ever seen. The adjacent hotel room scene of the recent revival of "Private Lives" was gorgeous. "Aida" was saved only by its set, in addition to Heather Headley's performance. Phantom was the first grandiose set I can remember, particularly the underground lake scene and the Act II Masquerade opener.

Jon
#64re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/16/04 at 12:07am

Eugene Lee did simething similar to WICKED when he did the original RAGTIME set. The basic unit set was based on the old Pennsylvania Station in New York City - with all the steel columns, the stairways and the clock face on the proscenium. The novel devotes a couple of pages to the railroad station and its history, but it's really not that prominent in the play.

BroadwayBaby4
#65re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/16/04 at 8:17am

Aida !

erniesgirl96
#66re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/16/04 at 9:24am

Dance of The Vampires

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#67re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/16/04 at 11:32am

I posted my reply here...
A More Beautiful Set

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

BroadwayMonkey Profile Photo
BroadwayMonkey
#68re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/16/04 at 11:48am

Beauty and the Beast....so pretty!

Real men are tenors.

thirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
#69re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/16/04 at 1:00pm

La Boheme
Aida
Mornings at Seven

kissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
#70re: What's your favorite Broadway set?
Posted: 8/16/04 at 1:34pm

Boheme had beautiful backdrops