Hugh Jackman in TBFO

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#0Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/20/04 at 4:50pm

Three questions.
1) I want to see TBFO before it closes...is it sold out?
2) Is the best way to purchase tix at the box office itself?
3) What would be the best time to have a guarantee that Hugh will be in it? Updated On: 8/20/04 at 04:50 PM

Plum
#1re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/20/04 at 4:51pm

1. Get tickets now- it's not sold out, but it's close.
2. The box office is best for now. The scalpers (oops, brokers) are really asking for outrageous prices, from what I heard.
3. Jackman will always be in the show. If he's out, the show doesn't go on.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#2re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/20/04 at 4:53pm

Thank you so, so, so much, Plum...another question, though...when do you think would be the latest time to purchase tix? (When do you think it will totally be sold out?) Updated On: 8/20/04 at 04:53 PM

kec Profile Photo
kec
#3re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/20/04 at 4:54pm

1. Last time I checked Telecharge, there were odd singles available for various shows -- mostly in the mezzanine.

2. If you live in NYC and can get to the Box Office, then I would purchase tickets there.

3. Hugh has not missed a show since previews started -- when he went on vacation the show closed. So it pretty much guaranteed that Hugh will be in any show for which you purchase a ticket.

emssf03
#4re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/20/04 at 4:55pm

Has anyone heard if it's going to tour?

"Our lives become the stories we weave" - Once on this Island

Plum
#5re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/20/04 at 5:26pm

It won't tour with Jackman, that's for sure. He's going right back to Australia to rest and film a new movie in November, I believe. And although now it looks like X3 won't happen, I'm sure he's getting plenty of other movie and stage offers, as well. If there's anything the guy seems to like, it's doing a variety of roles. So I doubt he'll stay with Peter Allen once his contract is up.

And I would buy those tickets right now if I were you. Prices and demand will only get worse later on.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#6re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/20/04 at 6:01pm

Tickets are selling rapidly thanks to his incredible fan base.
You can also check out the "forum" on TBFO website because alot of the 'Ozalots' (as his fans call themselves) have tickets that they aren't using because they upgraded their seats, so they're offering to sell them...

Hope that helps!

At any rate, buy your tickets as soon as you can.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."
Updated On: 8/20/04 at 06:01 PM

Plum
#7re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/20/04 at 6:04pm

Jackman's Landing occassionally has orphaned tickets, as well. And they're usually for face price, which is great.

broadway4L
#8re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/20/04 at 6:53pm

I was in NYC on june 29 thyough july 1st and we stopped to get tickets @ 4:30 pm for an 8pm show and we got box seats! awesome seats really close!

jo
#9re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/20/04 at 7:20pm

It might be difficult to get good seats for the last weekend performances ( Sept 10-12), so I suggest that you get one now if you want to go that time. I think there are still Front Mezz seats ( but towards the back of this section) available for Sept 12.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#10re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/20/04 at 10:25pm

How can you "upgrade" tickets? I thought you can't exchange...unless you buy more tickets for that day's show.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Plum
#11re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/20/04 at 11:01pm

They just bought better seats, and are willing to sell their old ones, I guess. :)

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#12re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/21/04 at 12:53am

There was some talk of a new Sydney season of the show with Hugh Jackman next year.This would be interesting as it is a little different to show seen here in 98/99. I did read that there might be a short concert style tour of the show in the States next year.

jo
#13re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/21/04 at 6:18am

Hugh has told some fans that the rumour of a Las Vegas appearance ( called Hugh Jackman's Broadway in articles when the news first appeared re the tie-up with Steve Wynn) is true, but there are no details yet.

He is due to start filming THE FOUNTAIN in November this year. I guess it will also depend on whether XMEN-3 will go ahead despite the departure of Bryan Singer.

Ebonic_Singer
#14re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/21/04 at 12:40pm

I've heard many things regarding the continuation of the show in some fashion: extending the run if his movie is delayed, austrailia, vegas, a possible movie, hopefully something will happen from it. And hopefully Stephanie Block won't be left out of the picture!

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#15re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/21/04 at 12:56pm

I think X3 is still going ahead, though without Singer at the helm. Which is a mistake.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#16re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/21/04 at 1:02pm

Still, when is the latest time I can purchase tix? (And get reasonably good seats)?

popcultureboy
#17re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/21/04 at 1:10pm

Now, I would imagine.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#18re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/21/04 at 1:13pm

Ok, well that really...doesnt help since I cant get my tickets now.

popcultureboy
#19re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/21/04 at 1:18pm

Well, when can you get them? There's only a few weeks left of the show so the correct answer to your question should really be: as soon as is humanly possible.

kec Profile Photo
kec
#20re: Hugh Jackman in TBFO
Posted: 8/21/04 at 6:12pm

Popcultureboy is right. Tickets are going like mad these days. If you're not in NYC, check out Telecharge, Jackman's Landing (I think I saw they had some tickets available for a show in the near future), or the BFO forum.

Videos