pixeltracker

Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?

Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?

uh_Clem2
#0Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?
Posted: 8/24/04 at 11:45am

Help?

I'm considering buying some seats for Wicked (taking my wife and son) that are in Mezzanine DD. I found a great seating chart for the Gershwin that shows exactly where they are, but I can't figure out whether they're going to have a limited view or not. (I read something in a post here about "cogs" in the fals proscenium....)

I assume we'd miss some of the stage, since they're all the way to one side, but they're also fairly close (about equivalent to row L) and elevated. They seem great, but then there's the "if they're so great, why can I buy them?" anxiety.

Has anyone sat in any of these double-letter mezzanine seats?

Thanks for any help. (This board is fabulous!)

Derek2
#1re: Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?
Posted: 8/24/04 at 11:58am

Hi. I was at the Gershwin last Friday. I sat in the orchestra but went up to look at the Mezz. Believe me, I sat in row V, near the back of the theatre and the seats were great. I mean GREAT! You cant go wrong in that theatre. The sets are so large and there are soooo many, missing 2 or 3 pieces wont really mattr. The seats will be fine. They're nice and close too and the sound will be great. Have fun. Its an amazing show!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?
Posted: 8/24/04 at 11:59am

With the rate of ticket sales, if you really want to see the show, take anything you can get.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#3re: Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?
Posted: 8/24/04 at 12:25pm

I totally agree with Millie. The show is amazing and tickets are selling very very quickly. Take these tickets.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#4re: Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?
Posted: 8/24/04 at 12:28pm

But the question still needs to be answered - Does Wicked truly rock?

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Derek2
#5re: Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?
Posted: 8/24/04 at 12:32pm

Wicked has many moments. Sad moments; funny moments (Popular / the Bubble line); and very moving moments (No Good Deed; Defying Gravity). The music is very upbeat and modern and fun to listen to. The sets are big and the costumes/lighting/choreography are all great. It's such a fun show. I think it rocks. Clem2, you're gonna have to let us know what you think of it :)

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#6re: Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?
Posted: 8/24/04 at 12:33pm

That is where we sat when we saw the show and had no difficulty seeing anything.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

orchajaws Profile Photo
orchajaws
#7re: Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?
Posted: 8/24/04 at 12:54pm

I'd not spend the extra $50 a seat on front mezzanine, and instead would take the $50 rear mezzanine seats. They offer pretty much the same view (probably better, considering they offer a full view of the stage and do not cut off the bottom lip), and are half the price. Great buy.

timote316
#8re: Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?
Posted: 8/24/04 at 12:59pm

Millie, I think along the same lines as you! Hence why I have last row seats for Sep 2! I don't care if we won't be able to see much, but we (my girlfriend and I) will be there!

uh_Clem2
#9re: Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?
Posted: 8/24/04 at 3:55pm

Thanks for all the great replies!

Unfortunately, while we were watching our bid on eBay for Sunday matinee tickets, I discovered that the big march in NYC is Sunday. (I thought it was Saturday, not realizing there were TWO big demonstrations planned.) So I had to tell my wife, because I knew she was worried about getting to the theater though all that. And, as I suspected, she was very anxious about it, so I stopped bidding and somebody else just got them. Extremely bummed. Oh, well. We'll just have to figure out a way to do it another time. (Before Jan. 2nd.)

GretchaSketch Profile Photo
GretchaSketch
#10re: Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?
Posted: 8/24/04 at 10:02pm

I was wondering about the front mezz as well. I'm going in Nov. as I have said before and I believe I'm buying my tickets tomorrow. I found front mezz row A seats 7-11 as well as front mezz row A seats 10-14 (directly opposite from eachother). They are closer to the middle and there is no one in front of you. One question, I known often times there is some sort of railing at the front of the balcony. Since this is a great theatre I am assuming it is low enough that it doesn't get in the way of your view when in the front mezz. Am I correct? Is there a walk way in front of Row A?
I would normally go for the rear mezz but this is a show I've been dying to see and I always see shows from the last row and would like for once to see it closer up. Although I hear you can not see facial expressions from the mezz. Any thoughts?

"I'm through accepting limits, 'cuz someone says they're so, some things I cannot change but till I try I'll never know."

FindingNamo
#11re: Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?
Posted: 8/24/04 at 10:05pm

I had front row center mez when I saw it. Little did I remember that it was approximately 3/4 of a mile from the stage. Total rip off for the price.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

GretchaSketch Profile Photo
GretchaSketch
#12re: Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?
Posted: 8/24/04 at 10:09pm

really? Show I go for the seats I found in Row G in the orchestra? They are all the way on the right side though. I've heard that you can't have a bad seat. You thought they were too far away? Did it feel farther away in the mezz than under the overhang in the orchastra?

"I'm through accepting limits, 'cuz someone says they're so, some things I cannot change but till I try I'll never know."

#13re: Wicked front mezzanine seats OK?
Posted: 8/24/04 at 10:23pm

if it's mezzanine, you can't have partial view.

Videos