pixeltracker

BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!

BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#0BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!
Posted: 10/3/04 at 11:10am

This is going to be a fantastic DVD! You can preorder it on Amazon for only 13.99. Bonus features will be -

1. BROADWAY & HOLLYWOOD PREMIERES – The star-studded premieres with the red-carpeted arrivals to the party at Sardi’s after! Edie Adams, Bea Arthur, Kaye Ballard, Carol Channing, James Cromwell, Nanette Fabray, Ben Gazzara, Robert Goulet, Tammy Grimes, Farley Granger, Jerry Herman, Celeste Holm, Sally Ann Howes, Tom Hulce, Anne Jackson, Peter Jackson, Lainie Kazan, Miles Kreuger, Angela Lansbury, Michele Lee, Virginia Madsen, Leonard Maltin, Frank Langella, Fayard Nicholas, Janis Paige, Jane Powell, John Raitt, Rex Reed, Elliott Reid, Ruta Lee, Douglas Sills, Marian Seldes, Elaine Stritch, Tommy Tune, Eva Marie Saint, Eli Wallach, Naomi Watts, Fay Wray & Gretchen Wyler

2. GWEN VERDON & BOB FOSSE - Extended Performance footage

3. Marian Seldes on Katharine Cornell (Deleted Scene)

4. June Havoc on “Pal Joey” - Deleted Scene

5. “PASSING IT ON” - Deleted Scene

6. ALTERNATE ENDING – younger cast in earlier, edgier ending of the film

7. “BROADWAY: THE NEXT GENERATION” - A generous (35 minutes!) FIRST SNEAK PREVIEW of raw footage from next year’s sequel film, starring Jason Alexander, Alec Baldwin, John Barrowman, Bryan Batt, Jim Borstelman, Betty Buckley, Alan Cumming, Daisy Eagan, Tovah Feldshuh, Bonnie Franklin, Joanna Gleason, Ruthie Henshall, Cady Huffman, Richard Jay-Alexander, Cherry Jones, Simon Jones, Michael John LaChiusa, Patti LuPone, Cameron Mackintosh, Matthew Morrison, Christine Pedi, Amanda Plummer, Lee Roy Reams, Ann Reinking, Liev Schrieber, Marc Shaiman, Douglas Sills, Mary Testa, Marissa Jaret Winokur, George C. Wolfe and Karen Ziemba

8. THEATRICAL TRAILER – The original theatrical trailer that elicited applause in theatres around the country!

9. DIRECTOR’S COMMENTARY with RICK MCKAY. Just imagine sitting on the couch and watching this epic film with the director for almost two hours as he tells you non-stop stories of the six-year journey and the 140 legends he filmed along the away. The stories that made the Question & Answer sessions around the country such a hit are all included – and more – in an intimate, no-holds-barred, insider’s commentary with Rick McKay.

Preorder At Amazon.com

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#1re: BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!
Posted: 10/3/04 at 11:45am

Sorry, but wheres the 1/2 hr of Wicked? Was that just a rumor cause I thought I saw it on a commercial the other day.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#2re: BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!
Posted: 10/3/04 at 11:47am

This is a different documentary. This is about the GOLDEN AGE of Broadway. This is the film that has been in theatres around the country throughout the year.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
BwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
#4re: BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!
Posted: 10/3/04 at 11:56am

Thanks, Matt! I already preordered it, even without knowing the specific details of all the extras...and now I'm even more excited!! I can't wait. re: BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
NuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
#6re: BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!
Posted: 10/3/04 at 1:38pm

Aaagh!
Loved the film, can't wait for the DVD!
-d.b.j-

Vary My Days.

Carl Magnum Profile Photo
Carl Magnum
#7re: BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!
Posted: 10/3/04 at 1:42pm

Just saw this last night and was blown away. It's little things like this film that remind me just why I'm doing what I'm trying to do. Go see this film in a theatre if you can, if not, buy the dvd!

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#8re: BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!
Posted: 10/3/04 at 1:49pm

There is just something about seeing this on the big screen that makes it even more special than it actually is. I'm truly excited about the sequel coming out next year. Rick has some GREAT things planned for it.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#9re: BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!
Posted: 10/3/04 at 1:56pm

I'm wondering if when the sequel is released on DVD it will have all this as well...make sense to wait?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Updated On: 10/3/04 at 01:56 PM

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#10re: BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!
Posted: 10/3/04 at 1:58pm

Rath, Rick has HUNDREDS of hours of interviews. Believe me when I say there's more than enough for 50 DVD's.

Updated On: 10/3/04 at 01:58 PM

NuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
#11re: BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!
Posted: 10/3/04 at 2:21pm

Rath, who is that a picture of?
-d.b.j-

Vary My Days.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#12re: BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!
Posted: 10/3/04 at 2:22pm

Joss Stone.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

xanado_girl Profile Photo
xanado_girl
#13re: BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!
Posted: 10/3/04 at 2:29pm

I saw this movie in San Francisco a couple weeks ago and Rick spoke before the film. It was such a great experience! I can't wait for the DVD & the sequel to be released. I was so moved when I watched this movie, it really did remind me why I'm dedicating my life to this buisness.

"Is it your booty? Is that what it is? Is it that booty of yours? I hope it is!"-Zanna, Don't!

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#14re: BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE Coming To DVD November 9th!
Posted: 10/3/04 at 7:11pm

oh wow Virginia Madsen is in it!.. i loved her in..in..in..hmm, now what was it she did on broadway last?

Videos