The Flea Market Wooooo

broadwayguy2
#25re: re: re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/22/03 at 12:46am

You bought a Mamma Mia poster for your b/f?? hmmmmm.....

Michelleruth Profile Photo
Michelleruth
#26re: re: re: re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/22/03 at 7:34am

This was my first time. I got there around 11 and it was packed. Had my photo taken with the 2 "Naked" guys -- very good looking pair. Figured the $5 went to a good cause!

Saw Rosie O'Donnell -- actually glimpsed is more like it. She was surrounded by people trying to get her autograph.

Met Megan McGinnis "Belle" from "Beauty and the Beast". She was really sweet and posed for a photo with me. She was working in their booth. I don't think many people recognized her. I had on my "Beauty" hat! Realized after I left I had forgotten to take off my sunglasses. How rude of me! I personally hate talking with people when I can't see their eyes, and there I was, with the shades on! Bought a sweatshirt and a "Gaston" mug.

At another table -- don't remember which one -- I preordered the Broadway Cares Christmas CD.

It was a beautiful day to be out.

"Do Real Magic....Live Your Dreams"

pitrepower
#27re: re: re: re: re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/22/03 at 9:25am

I just wanted to share my purchases at the flea market. I only spent money at the Mamma Mia table but was very happy with what I got. Some of Louise's old turquoise rings from the show which she later signed the card attached to them. A picture of Louise and I standing behind those dad and dynamo cut-outs..it's a hilarious picture!!! And for my friend I got Tina's old Honey Honey shirt and one of Joe's old flippers. So I basically bought all the good stuff at that table! :) As for celebrity encounters..I ended up having quite a long conversation with Swoosie Kurtz about Karen Mason....how funny is that?? :) I saw Rosie too who kept looking my direction while she was being interviewed..there was quite a line of people waiting for her autograph!!! All in all it was a fun day!

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#28re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/22/03 at 1:38pm

Yeah, Rosie kept looking at me when she was being interviewd as well. I think she just has good conversational skills, and when she's speaking amongst a crowd she likes to make as much eye contact with people as possible.
I met Heather (CJR) there. She was wearing a Broadwayworld.com shirt, and I saw a couple of other people wearing them....but I didn't see Rob re: The Flea Market Wooooo

Louise was such a good sport about those photos. I didn't take one myself, but I had fun watching my friends and other people up there with her. She had on a really cute skirt that only she could get away with. lol Is it just me, or does Louise look like (definitely not sound like...thank God) a young Carol Channing. I never noticed it until I saw her in the cutout, and it was just her head. It is a compliment, because Carol Channing is very pretty.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

thebigkrakowski Profile Photo
thebigkrakowski
#29re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/22/03 at 9:15pm

I want to hear about purchases! What did everyone get?

broadwayguy2
#30re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/22/03 at 9:21pm

ooo! You bought a Joe flipper and a Tina shirt?! You what would be hilarious?? IF they sold an old pair of Machota's shorts. Then someone could buy them, wear them, and say that they had been in Joe's pants. lol

Dollypop
#31re: re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/22/03 at 9:23pm

I got to meet Joe Machota. He's absolutely stunning--and a nice fella, too!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

CJR
#32re: re: re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/22/03 at 9:29pm

Ooooh CaTheatreGirl, you got the post 9/11 I Love NY Theatre Commercial picture?! I am sooooo jealous! Was that the one they auctioned off, or was it a smaller one at another table? If it was the one they auctioned off, I'm really realyl jealous!!!! It had Roxane in it and it was an incredible picture, but I knew I did not have the funds to bid on it.

I didn't really buy anything, myself. Just a few pins, and the Michele Pawk/Donna Lynne Champlin Chatterbox Video which is INSANELY funny! re: re: re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo re: re: re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

NativeNewYorker
#33re: re: re: re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/22/03 at 11:50pm

I think my autographed, worn-out ballet slippers from Phantom are one of my favorite possessions now :) I wanted the signed doll from Aida (by Simone) but forgot to go back for it.

Matthew Morisson is too cute...I was on line anyway, so I got a picture with him, and he held up his hand and went, "Hi, I'm Matt!" (I just paid $10 to have a picture taken with you...I KNOW you're Matt!) Hunter did the same thing...I also got ones with Delta Burke, Louise Pitre, and Joel Grey. Instead of putting his arm around fans, he crossed his arms and leaned to the side like a little leprechaun.

I didn't spend nearly as much as I thought I would:)

Dollypop, I think I saw you...were you in a reddish shirt?

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#34re: re: re: re: re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/23/03 at 12:02am

I thought that was odd to when Hunter stuck his hand out and said "hi whats your name" and I told him and he said "I'm Hunter" I kind of giggled and want "yes I know" but very quit so I don't think he heard me. I wanted a pic with matt but kind said no I have to walk away I already have pictures with him and if I satyed for him I would want more and more so I went and looked around and cam back for Nathan.

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

CJR
#35re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/23/03 at 12:46am

All the stars do that.. it's just kind of human instinct to introduce yourself like that. Bianca Marroquin (Roxie on the CHICAGO tour) does that all the time. And Michele Pawk is famous for "I think I know you from somewhere -- I'm Michele, nice to meet you!" lol re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

CaTheatreGirl Profile Photo
CaTheatreGirl
#36re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/23/03 at 3:04am

CJR, I got the 9/11 photo at one of the tables. It was priced at $10, but being late in the day, I got it for $5. It's large, about 16 x 20, and just a copy but it'l look all right in a frame!

BenjaminBraddock
#37re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/23/03 at 9:25am

I had a great time at the flea market, this year, my Mom and I. Anyway, by the time I came home, I had two photos. One was of Steven Weber in The Producers, an autographed 8X10 of him onstage with the chorus girls (one of the last ones left!). The other was a non-autographed photo of the original cast of "...Allergists Wife." I also bought two playbills, The King and I (1977) and Bye Bye Birdie (with Tommy Tune). The last item I bought was a very large, horizontal photo (poster board type) of Mathew Broderick and Ron Carroll in "How to Succeed..."
That's it, can't wait until next year!
Benjamin Braddock
Have a great day!

"Mrs Robinson, you didn't really think I would do something like that?"

cabarethed
#38re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/23/03 at 11:59am

I had a nice time. Thought the Cabaret table sucked, but at least that freed me to go spend at other tables. Ended up getting: Proof w/JJL poster, TTB Tour poster, 2 Rent posters, autographed Cabaret subway poster, Avenue Q magnet, Chicago pin, post-its, and cardboard fan with multi-cast members, Taboo pin-condom keychain-and Boy George pin, NPH/Rent promo b&w 8x10, B&w signed 8x10 of Raul Esparza, pink Cabaret jewelry box signed by Deborah Gibson for my friend, leopard star Cabaret ornament, and Sally Bowles green nail polish (they couldn't remember who wore it).

I hung out by the celeb photo booth between 12-1 b/c I like observing...they were all very sweet to everyone. Shame I was seeing the Avenue Q matinee (LOVED IT), I would have liked to see Nathan Lane, lol. The highlight of my day was finding out that John Tartaglia graduated a couple years before me in the next school district...his hometown is where I now attend college. Nice to see those from this area become successful on Broadway! Anyway, I was feeling charitable (teehee) and was one of the first to take a picture with Matthew Morrison. Mmmmmhmm. That was truly lovely and he was even all flirty in greeting me, so that gave this self-loather a shot of confidence for a few days. It was a really nice day! Updated On: 9/23/03 at 11:59 AM

NBC
#39re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/23/03 at 12:46pm

At the broadway.com table I bought the newly remastered OCRs of Nine and Hello, Dolly!, and a mint playbill from the original production of Chicago, printed before the character of the agent, played by David Rounds, and his song Ten Percent was cut. At the...Phantom table, I think it was, I bought the Chorus Line cd (how embarrassing that I didn't already have it) and a playbill from My One and Only, and at the table that was selling all the scripts I got a My One and Only script. I also got the Chicago DVD for ten bucks, I don't remember which table.

Please note that all of the above was either purchased or being held by roughly 10:05 am.

Later on I bought the Broadway Bares XIII video, the Cabaret Noel cd from the BCEFA table, and at the Chicago table, two production stills and a bowler signed by Ann Reinking and Bebe Neuwirth...which I had Chita Rivera sign at the celebrity table! (That was the item of the day.)

"I cried during the Frug." - MC

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#40re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo
Posted: 9/23/03 at 2:54pm

The best table was def. Broadway.com... However, they were EXTREMELY expensive. $50 for hairspray trading cards... I would have got them if they were 20... I got a HUGE Bat Boy poster from them that was originally 50.00 but it went down in price to 30.00... I got a Taboo pin, keychain, and coffee mug. Lots of dif. pins, Rent subway sign, the raffle game didnt win re: re: re: The Flea Market Wooooo , and various playbills... spent about 80.00... soooo much fun!