Britney Spears' quote

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#25re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 9:48pm

"She'd get cast, but she wouldn't deserve it."

Yeah, and that never happens. re: Britney Spears' quote

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

insomniak
#26re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 9:50pm

I didn't say it didn't, Rath, I was merely expressing my distaste for such practices.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#27re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 9:56pm

Good. Because there are plenty of people who aren't names who get cast who don't deserve it either.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

insomniak
#28re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 9:59pm

Why does that happen? I mean that honestly. If it's one unknown against another, why does the role end up being poorly cast when you know that at least one of the potential actors had to be good? I'm guessing it's one of those showbiz things that involves sleeping with certain people. *shrug*

IdinaFan34
#29re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:01pm

Oh my god, Britney Spears on Broadway i think cows are flying over my roof. This would be complete hell on earth or hell on stage. Britney is a performer when she is making believe she sings for her little britney fans but broadway is in a league of its own. When you listen to a pop album and then put in a broadway recording or ANY show you can tell the difference right away and its one word to describe it...Talent, which Britney does not have. I could just imagine the group of die hard broadway fans waiting outside with pitch forks ready to hang the pop princess in the middle of time square and i would be right along with them because i might like Britney as a pop artist, but broadway is not a stage she should be on. She should leave that up to the real singers. All in all she probably will be in a show but mark my words if she goes Wicked i wont see it again until she is long gone from that theater and iam sure she is just so much fun to work with lol.

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#30re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:02pm

I better get sleeping then!
re: Britney Spears' quote

insomniak
#31re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:04pm

The little Britney fans greatly resemble the little Idina fans, has anyone else noticed?

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#32re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:04pm

insomniak, I'm not sure - there are always reasons for everything, but it does boggle the mind sometimes. Sometimes it's about looks, sometimes the better person rubs the director the wrong way for many reasons, including looking like their ex-wife, that sort of thing. But I have seen many performers on Broadway who really aren't so great, and you just know there are other people out there who would have done a better job.

Hank
#33re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:06pm

It was part of Norm's column, just a one line quote.

insomniak
#34re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:08pm

Thanks Rath. It's a shame... I hate seeing a show and thinking someone at my high school could do better.

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#35re: Britney Spears' quote

"...better people"

From what I hear, you are one of those people Rath...

Britney being on Broadway would be atrocious. I wouldn't wish to inflict her on any show, not even Brooklyn. Updated On: 1/1/05 at 10:08 PM

IdinaFan34
#36re: Britney Spears' quote

Well iam a "little idina" fan if 21 year old males are lol but i think its because she has a great voice and i loved her before wicked, which i believe many of the idina fans can not say. So Britney and Idina, i dont think should even be in the same catagory.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#37re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:10pm

One of what people, paradox?

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#38re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:11pm

Amen to that Idinafan! I'm a 23 year old male, who was a fan of Idina's work before "Wicked," and will be long after. To even put Britney Spears in the same phrase as Idina is insulting! Just not funny!

-Vincent

IdinaFan34
#39re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:14pm

Your right, and iam proud to be an Idina Fan even if i am not in the norm of the average age of her fan base :)

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#40re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:19pm

Hey, ain't no shame in being an Idina fan. So far you seem better spoken and much more coherent and sane than some of her many other fans who've bombarded this site.

Tell me: Have you ever stalked her/screamed "OH MY GOD IDINA!!!!!!!!" to her face and caused her to drop her coffee/gone through her trash/called yourself "Taye"/typed lyke u r on a cell fone and hukt on fonex didunt werk 4 u?

If no to all of the above, we'll think you're okay. re: Britney Spears' quote

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

IdinaFan34
#41re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:22pm

First thing is first i love your photo on the side. RIP, also i have not done any of the above. I have meet her and just said she had a great show and smiled other then that i havent stalked her. She seems to know the good eggs from the "i love you cause your popular" fans. It is funny cause iam actually going to see Wicked on the 5th and i know its her last week but iam alittle nervous she is not gonna be there because of the HORROR stories that people are saying about her huffing or puffing during the songs.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#42re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:26pm

You know how Mariah Carey wants to do a Christmas Broadway show? I hope that there isn't a trend among many of today's pop stars: bring your own show to Broadway.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

J LA
#43re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:28pm

Oh Please just kill me now! Broadway and the West End are known for being the golden ring for theater performers and audience members.....she would ruin that for all us. I'm speaking as an audience member not a performer. I expect a certain level of talent (and usually get it). She should start real small...like her garage!!!

Jayla

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#44re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:31pm

"I'd like to start somewhere small, like London or England..."

London OR England? Hmmm...

Hello, London is friggin' right in England! Wow.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

#45re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:32pm

Britney Spears.... Broadway? She's just trying new things. And she shouldn't. She's already rich. And if people like her, they can watch her on TV and in videos. Does she have to come into the domain of so many people who love actual theater, who have worked so hard, because they love this certain world of songs that have meaning and add to a story? Britney Spears does not love Broadway. If she did, she would not go around trying harder and harder to be like another blonde popstar-ditz. She's great at acting stupid, really. I'm sure she's not totally dumb in real life. She can read the song lyrics, right? Well, I didn't mean to thrash her, I'm just saying that she should stick to what she's good at, being a pop-idol.

NightLaughs Profile Photo
NightLaughs
#46re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:39pm

Brittany would never be cast in Wicked. Who could she possibly play? I wouldn't say the characters have a large margin of possibility for new "looks" (or limited vocal/acting ranges re: Britney Spears' quote ) Seriously, folks.

Wicked is doing quite well, I don't think the producers would pull a stunt like that so early in the game.

If you limit your choices to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."- Robert Fritz

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#47re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:42pm

Tiff, I'm with you. Once I heard those violins, I was totally under Toxic's spell...

Curse you Britney! Updated On: 1/1/05 at 10:42 PM

FosseBoi
#48re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:44pm

Us Idina fans are FAR from similarity with the Britney fans. We have a thing called "CLASS"!Thank you very much!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

commasplice
#49re: Britney Spears' quote
Posted: 1/1/05 at 10:46pm

Tiff, I definitely remember the Canada quote. If you hadn't mentioned it, I would have.

Also, she and her husband were in a store and Britney wrote something on the wall and signed it "B-WICKED". I wish I could remember where I found the pictures of that...