KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#0KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/25/05 at 11:36pm

Was anyone else there ??? Kristin was wonderful, and the crowd ate it up !!! Too tired to post complete song list, but last (2) numbers were "For Good" and encore was "Glitter and be Gay" (which she said she is retiring)

Great show !!!

luvWICKED416 Profile Photo
luvWICKED416
#1re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/25/05 at 11:46pm

She sang For Good by herself?

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#2re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 12:45am

I saw it!
AMAZING!!!
yeah she sang For Good by herself

but hte stage door afterwards was chaos!! there were lots of people, adn we all waited about an hour and a half, when some guy comes out and says "I'm very, very sorry, but Kristin will not be coming out"

so like half the group leaves, which still leaves about 20 ppl though SO ANYWAY
about 15 minutes later, a guy comes out with iron gates thingy and makes a line for kristin
and out she comes!!!!!!!!
i was so happy!!!! she was so sweet!!!1

and the concert was just amazing!!

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

BEKA531
#3re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 12:48am

HA! the old "trick the crowd and say she's not coming out" deal!

very smart for staying, sally.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#4re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 2:42pm

I Saw Kristin, and this woman is Flawless.
Her personality mixed with her talent creates such an amazing spectacle. As a friend qouted, "She is a freak of nature". There is no one out there like her.
And yes, she sang "For Good" by herself, and it worked. Every song she sang worked.
What I loved is that she sang "Bill" from Showboat, and actually played at the humor that is intentional with that song. I've always seen it performed in the dramatic Julie way, but Kristin did it, and got laughs.
Also, Mister Snow - ABSOFUGGINLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
The Cincinatti Pops were just as good, as they played the most beautiful orchestration of Children Will Listen.
KC is a talent that exceeds expectation. If anyone gets a chance to see her, DO. You will be surprised.

P.S. For all those that saw it, I was in row P, right side aisle, Where were you all at?

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.
Updated On: 1/26/05 at 02:42 PM

VIETgrlTerifa
#5re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 3:37pm

Thank you for the reports. It's nice to see some positive Kristin posts.

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#6re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 3:42pm

Wish I was there!!!
Thanks for the review!!!
She truly is phenomenal!!!

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

#7re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 3:43pm

I enjoyed the performance as well. She seemed a little tired, not as energetic, so she looked like she was working. Usually that bubbly persona of hers comes across as very natural.

I saw her September concert and the vibe that night was so good that it's hard to imagine any performance will ever live up to that.

She works best in material created for her (signature songs Taylor and 14G). I was seated next to someone who had never heard of her and she walked away a fan, which made the performance more enjoyable, otherwise it was the same material, different night. And she said she would be putting "Glitter" away for a while to work in new material.

We waited around for her afterwards, no Aaron Sorkin, but Josh Rhodes (Chicago) went off with her. She was very nice afterwards and said she was heading back to LA for West Wing.
I'd like to see her pick one area and concentrate on it, she spreads herself a little thin and it shows.
She could get up there and recite the alphabet though and I'd love it.

And she ditched her usual wardrobe for more glamorous attire, assuming because she didn't really dance, straight up singing.
And I should mention the Cincy Pops were quite good too. Updated On: 1/26/05 at 03:43 PM

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#8re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 4:03pm

"it was the same material, different night. And she said she would be putting "Glitter" away for a while to work in new material."

Thats one reason I did not go - I love KC, but she's been largely singing the same songs for a few years now. It sounds as if last night was practically the same show as the John Jay College concert of two (three?) years ago.

I personally wish her next concert appearances would feature an all-new group of songs.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

luvWICKED416 Profile Photo
luvWICKED416
#9re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 4:08pm

there was chaos with 40 people there???

That's pretty impressive SallyBrown

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#10re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 5:44pm

I was there! It was great didnt go to the stage door once i saw the crowd. re: KC & The Pops- CH-  1/25 (did she take pics with anyone/talk?)
Btw, wasnt she supposed to sing Children will Listen? Thats what was listed in the playbill last night

*Kristen*

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#11re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 7:55pm

How was her Chicago medly? Which Chicago songs did it consist of?

I wonder if shes really with Josh Rhodes from Chicago? That would be interesting.

ChickPea
#12re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 8:03pm

Who is Josh Rhodes and why interesting?

#13re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 8:13pm

She didn't do a Chicago medley, the Pops played it.
No idea about Josh Rhodes, I've only seen him in a couple of shows.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#14re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 9:28pm

I was sitting third row center in the highest balcony

but even from up there it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and meeting her after was just such an honor!!!!

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Spooky
#15re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 9:44pm

I thought it was Greg Reuter.

Kicks8567
#16re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 10:11pm

My original seats were 9th row center balcony, but then I luckily moved up with my aunt to 3rd row orchestra:)

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#17re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/26/05 at 10:18pm

yeah I could have gotten to go up to 1st row buuuuuut i went to the wrong bathroom that i was supposed to meet my friend at SOO i didnt get to re: KC & The Pops- CH-  1/25

KateMusic Profile Photo
KateMusic
#18re: KC & The Pops- CH- 1/25
Posted: 1/27/05 at 12:10am

I was there! It was amazing, although I think her September show was actually better. My favorites were "Bill," "14G," "'Til There was You," "Taylor," and "Glitter and be Gay." I thought the Pops were amazing as well . . . "Chicago" and "America" were a lot of fun, and "Children will Listen" was breathtaking . . . anyone know why she did not sing it? She was billed as singing it . . .

Great show!

Some people analyze every detail/ Some people stall when they can't see the trail/ Some people freeze out of fear that they'll fail/ But I keep rollin' on/ Some people can't get success with their art/ Some people never feel love in their heart/ Some people can't tell the two things apart/ But I keep rollin' on

Videos