The Rent Bible

ashbash6819 Profile Photo
ashbash6819
#0The Rent Bible
Posted: 2/5/05 at 10:37pm

i always hear people talking about this but i have googled it and looked for it in various other places but i cant find it. im very interested in reading it...where can i go to find it??

"Where are we headed? Judy- "Over the god-damn rainbow"- Boy from Oz

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#1re: The Rent Bible
Posted: 2/5/05 at 10:37pm

I have it, it's not actually titled "bible". JUst type in Rent companion book on google.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#2re: The Rent Bible
Posted: 2/5/05 at 10:38pm

It's not really called "The Rent Bible," that's just how a lot of Rent fans refer to it. Look for it on amazon.com under books and simply "Rent."

ashbash6819 Profile Photo
ashbash6819
#3re: The Rent Bible
Posted: 2/5/05 at 10:40pm

thanks so much!!!!

"Where are we headed? Judy- "Over the god-damn rainbow"- Boy from Oz

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#4re: The Rent Bible
Posted: 2/5/05 at 10:40pm

yeah it is not actually called the bible. I have often seen the rent book in borders and barnes and noble. Just look by the film/theater section.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#5re: The Rent Bible
Posted: 2/5/05 at 10:44pm

its fun i love it!

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#6re: The Rent Bible
Posted: 2/5/05 at 10:44pm

When I was younger I used to read this book every day, it's a great book.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

TVBoy Profile Photo
TVBoy
#7re: The Rent Bible
Posted: 2/5/05 at 10:45pm

I have the book sitting next to me as we speak... It's great. I'd highly recommend it.

"I'm not a catcher! I'm a piano player!" -- Schroeder from "Peanuts" ----- http://www.facebook.com/p/Brandon_Bartlett/500719306

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#8re: The Rent Bible
Posted: 2/5/05 at 11:00pm

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly IS the RENT Bible? What is in it?

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#9re: The Rent Bible
Posted: 2/5/05 at 11:02pm

its sort of like a scrap book to the musical?
a companion book
its got the lyrics, photos, background information, etc..

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#10re: The Rent Bible
Posted: 2/5/05 at 11:06pm

Ooooooooooh! I WANT that! thanks!

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#11re: The Rent Bible
Posted: 2/5/05 at 11:07pm

the rent bible is a book that shows the making of the show. It has many many pictures, shows the process of how the show came to be and what happened after it hit bway. It also has interviews from the cast, crew and Jonathans family. Every rent fan should own it.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

Videos