pixeltracker

I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?- Page 3

I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?

matthius202
#50re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:20pm

aw, munk..remember when we were friends? ...re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?

"Be not like dumb, driven cattle. Be a hero in the strife." A Psalm of Life...Walt Whitman

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#51re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:20pm

"everyone wants GV and Bklyn to close i guess."

Muscle...please don't speak for everyone on this board. You have no right to say "everyone wants Brooklyn and Good Vibrations to close." There are a good amount of people on this board who want it to, yes, but not everyone. It is wrong for you to make generalizations like that. And saying that people like Eden Espinosa and Ramona Keller suck is so foolish...I have seen both of them peform and I bet they can sing circles around you. They are fabulously talented performers and wishing them to be on the street is so rude. I personally don't feel either way about the show itself but I don't go around saying that everyone here thinks it should stay open. If you think it should close then say YOU think it should close...please do NOT speak for the whole board.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde
Updated On: 3/2/05 at 05:20 PM

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#52re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:26pm

He didn't mean it literally, like EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO EVER POSTS ON THIS BOARD WANTS IT TO CLOSE.

Don't take things so seriously.

He was making a generalization, relax.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#53re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:28pm

I'm not upset. Just irked...and you just said it...it was a generalization. I plainly asked for people to stop making generalizations.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

munkustrap178
#54re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:29pm

Oh okay - let's all abide by your wishes now, good idea.

I don't like things people do on this board either - particularly certain members. I request that they never sign on BWW again.

Wow...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#55re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:33pm

rent
brooklyn
phantom

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#56re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?

Did I make a command?...Ummm...no...no I don't think I did.

It was a simple request for people to just think before they post generalizations. I was not being offensive or demanding anything. I said "PLEASE do not post generalizations" not "STOP posting generalizations or fear my wrath."

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#57re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?

Foanatic...i apologize for my comment...but i was just saying "everyone" and i was generalizing like munk said.not saying that every single person on here wants them to close.still i dont mean to offend anyone ...so i take it back just for you.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

KJP
#58re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:49pm

"Matthius darling: They're not hot people in bathing suits. There little twinky boys with the frame of an AIDS patient running around. It's terrible. "

Munk, Just when I thought you couldn't be any worse, there you go. You have definately crossed the line on this one, shame on you! You really are a horrible person. Get a real sense of humor, or better yet, get some real sense.

Over_the_Moon
#59re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:49pm

Mamma Mia... it's an okay show, but nothing really amazing.
Brooklyn hasn't been around long enough to close ALREADY.
RENT shouldn't close until everyone on the planet has seen it at least once.

"what have we learned? Don't smoke... don't do drugs and don't sing 'Defying Gravity'." -CATSNYRevival

munkustrap178
#60re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:50pm

Thank you for your kind words, you pathetic old slag.

alli2
#61re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:53pm

yes, and my wish came true. 42nd Street is GONE.

KJP
#62re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:54pm

Munk, let me respond at your level, " I know you are, but what am I?" Grow up!!!

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#63re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:54pm

I really don't think RENT should be a requirement for everyone in the world to see.

kudzu
#64re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 6:02pm

Munk, What is your deal? How could you say something so mean about the Good Vibration cast. That was way over the top even for you. I don't understand WHY you hate this particular show so much. You really owe people an apology, I hope your person enough to realize it. And what, pray tell is a slag?

muscle23ftl
#65re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 6:05pm

yeah...that comment about AIDS is kinda freaky....we should be respectful when we use certain words.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#66re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 6:07pm

good vibrations....

even though it is sad whenever any show closes, because every show has fans, and just think about how sad it is for your favorite show to close...*sigh* oh aida...

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Over_the_Moon
#67re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 6:24pm

Well, no, it shouldn't be a requirement for everyone to see RENT, but I definately don't think it's quite popular enough, outside of New York.

"what have we learned? Don't smoke... don't do drugs and don't sing 'Defying Gravity'." -CATSNYRevival

muscle23ftl
#68re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 7:15pm

i agree with u "over the moon" i think everyone should see Rent...i live in FL and a lot of people about my age-20's- know what Rent is...and its a very popular show outside NYC...it was sold out in Ft Laud last year.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#69re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 7:18pm

I don't think everyone should see it. I think people should see what they want. No show should be mandatory. LOL

muscle23ftl
#70re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 7:23pm

oh god! it was a saying.

Over_the_Moon
#71re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 7:24pm

I guess it's just nobody around here that's heard of it... most of my friends are theatre geeks and only one had heard of RENT before I started talking about it endlessly...

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#72re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 7:25pm

Oh, Jwei, don't make me cry!

I know it's mean and I should never wish a show to close, and I don't really wish that they would, but if I had to choose one to nix right this moment, Good Vibes.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#73re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/2/05 at 7:34pm

I don't think that RENT is a requirement that everyone HAS to see - anymore. I think if you were an older teenager or in your early twenties when it came out, it was so huge that it was going to be hard to miss. Obviously, when there are lyrics like "you're living in america at the end of the millenium", everyone can see that it's dated. But it's always spoken to me and i don't think the message behind the story ever gets old. I would be very upset to see it close. But everyone has the right to their own opinion re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?

hannahshule Profile Photo
hannahshule
#74re: I know its wrong.But do you wish any Bway show to close?
Posted: 3/5/05 at 4:06pm

Rent has only been running for 8 years, Phantom of the Opera has been running for 18 years!!! I think the show is very good, but I think it's time for something else to come along. If all musicals ran this long, than we'd never have any new shows. It's like waiting for a solar phenomnon that only happens every 75 years. You'll be old by the time the next musical comes around. That's just my opinion.

~And let us try, before we die, to make some sense of life~