pixeltracker

Constantine (not the awful Keanu movie..heh)

Constantine (not the awful Keanu movie..heh)

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#0Constantine (not the awful Keanu movie..heh)
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:14pm

I have 2 clips of him from RENT, one singing "Another Day" and "Your Eyes"..he falls flat on some notes, but other than that I think he sounds like a decent Roger from these two songs..Anyone seen him on the RENT tour back when he was in it? Anyone have any opinions of him as Roger? I couldnt' imagine him as Roger when I heard he was in RENT, but then after hearing him, he seems like he was entertaining, although I never saw him.

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.
Updated On: 3/2/05 at 05:14 PM

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#1re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:16pm

Wasn't this posted before?

You might want to change the thread title...people might think you're talking about the god-awful movie with Keanu Untalented Reeves.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Broadway_freak Profile Photo
Broadway_freak
#2re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:19pm

I didn't care for him. His constant running his hands through his hair, and trying to add rock riffs to all his songs didn't appeal to me. I kept wondering why they casted him in such a demanding role. He didn't have any sence of character, and was loping around on-stage, just walking through the part. Other then the song "Another Day", I didn't like his voice. The guy in the current tour is 100 times better.

munkustrap178
#3re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:20pm

I don't know anything about him from RENT, but he's the best male on AI right now, and the judges love him.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

mirramar
#4re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:32pm

Broadway_freak, I LOVE your avatar!
That is one of my favorite books! It's the most beautiful thing I've ever read. I can't even count how many times I've read it.

Now on the topic of Constantine - he's not my favorite on AI, I definitely don't think he'll win, but he's good.

WhiteRabbit Profile Photo
WhiteRabbit
#5re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:33pm

I saw him in Rent in Chicago. He was really bad in Rent. His singing was a little flat, and his acting was very overdramatic. He performed it more like a concert than a musical. Also I was really bugged by the fact that he kept tossing his hair, especially during "Your Eyes". He has definately made an improvement since I saw him in Rent. He just didn't fit in as Roger, and American Idol works alot better for his style.

I most definitely have issues with my word choices on this board.

Feodor Sverdlov
#6re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:40pm

Instead, you're talking about the god-awful, untalented contestant on American Idol. Here's hoping he goes, tonight (although I know he won't).

scooter3843
Updated On: 3/2/05 at 05:40 PM

munkustrap178
#7re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:44pm

He's the best male. All the others are just clones of each other.

Feodor Sverdlov
#8re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:52pm

He's the best male what? Not singer! He cannot sing. He will not be the American Idol. If he doesn't go tonight, he will, soon.

scooter3843

munkustrap178
#9re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 5:53pm

I don't agree. He's the ONLY one the judges rave about, and the girls eat him up.

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#10re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 6:05pm

Post clips.

erinrebecca
#11re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 6:35pm

If Constantine wins, it will be a miracle. And to say that the girls 'eat him up' is an insult to girls everywhere. Almost everyone I know who saw him in Rent was of the same opinion, he was bad. Could this be why he was asked to leave the tour before the end of his contract?

And yes, wasn't there already a thread on this subject? Yes, there was.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=800936#822846

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#12re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 7:03pm

I dont know how to post clips (sorry!) but if anyone wants them e-mail me..
harlequinetcarmen@hotmail.com and I'll be more than happy to send them to you :)

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

Starburst
#13re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 7:13pm

Aww, I saw him in Rent and I thought he did alright.

Granted, it was my very first experience with the show live so I thought everyone was amazing. But his "One Song Glory" bugged me. It was all...whiny emo, something I don't see Roger being.

...though now that I think about it, Roger is sort of emo. I mean really, he wears pretty form-fitting plaid pants. But I suppose I am/was so used to hearing Adam Pascal everyone else sounds a bit "not right" at first, until farther into the show when I get used to them.

I agree he's going out soon in Idol. As much as I'm rooting for him (for the sole reason of me actually meeting and talking to him after the show and getting a hug)...no. Just no. No top 12. Ew.

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#14re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 7:14pm

i have not seen him in rent but my friend did and hated him. As for ai, he must be kicked off fast or i will loose it!!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#15re: Constantine
Posted: 3/2/05 at 7:15pm

I saw Constantine on the tour when it came to Florida..and I liked him. It's weird reading all these negative things about his Roger, because I remember coming back from the theater pretty much awe-inspired. It might have been because it was my first time seeing Rent, but I really enjoyed his performance. As for him on AI...I don't see him winning..though he does have a huge fanbase. I like him more than a lot of the guys, but he's not really AI material. I don't really see why he's wasting his time with it.

Videos