pixeltracker

BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!

BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!

aces25 Profile Photo
aces25
#0BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 11:04am

OK i don't get the channel but can someone please, please, please record it for me and possible upload it to their computer. Greatly appreciated thanks!

hedwig14 Profile Photo
hedwig14
#1re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 11:12am

"The one-hour special will air on ABC, March 5 at 7 PM and be rebroadcast March 6 at 5 AM. (All times ET. Check your local listings.)"

Hope that helps.

WickedRules
#2re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 11:22am

I hope its good re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#3re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 11:23am

anyone know what shows will be on???

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

aces25 Profile Photo
aces25
#4re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 11:25am

No, I don't get ABC New York and I need someone to record it for me

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#5re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 11:37am

The description on my TV just says "The spring season of shows"

Thanks for this thread, I had no idea this was going to be on!

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#6re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 11:48am

Is this on all ABC's or just NYC?

aces25 Profile Photo
aces25
#7re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 11:51am

Just the NYC ABC

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#8re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 11:58am

Is this becoming a regular special? Because Good Vibrations was on last week---that would be awesome if every Saturday at 7, they went backstage of a different show.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

hedwig14 Profile Photo
hedwig14
#9re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 12:02pm

Here's some info:

"Television audiences and Broadway fans can take a look behind the scenes of The Great White Way's current and upcoming shows and its stars when ABC-7 presents "Broadway Backstage," March 5.

The one-hour special will air on ABC, March 5 at 7 PM and be rebroadcast March 6 at 5 AM. (All times ET. Check your local listings.)

Tony Award winner Jane Krakowski (Nine and the upcoming London Guys and Dolls) will host the evening celebrating Broadway with Eyewitness News anchor Steve Bartelstein.

Among the shows and companies featured in the special include A Streetcar Named Desire, Beauty and the Beast, Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids, Brooklyn Boy, Brooklyn The Musical, Democracy, Doubt, Good Vibrations, Mamma Mia!, Roundabout Theatre Company, Spamalot, Steel Magnolias, The Lion King and Twelve Angry Men.

Guest interviews will include Christina Applegate (news), Harvey Fierstein (news), John Lithgow, Adam Arkin (news), Alan Alda (news), Susan Lucci, Dame Edna, Richard Thomas, Matthew Broderick (news), Richard Kind and Alan Ruck."

:)

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#10re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 12:12pm

AWESOME! I've gotta tape this...thanks for letting me know! And hurray for satellite!

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#11re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 7:09pm

I've been wondering what Harvey was like in FIDLER, and from what they showed, he doesn't look bad at all!

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#12re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 7:12pm

Oh the DRS clip is fabulous.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

etheb Profile Photo
etheb
#13re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 7:46pm

emcee and i are watching it now. our favorite quote: drew lachey on rent: "it really has a social conscience." umm, thanks for that amazingly profound statement.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#14re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 7:47pm

Oh good you're watching! I was screaming at her through Instant Messanger to go watch. I was so upset that she wasn't getting them. :)

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

dotmarie Profile Photo
dotmarie
#15re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 7:49pm

So...if we're not in NYC we're unable to watch?

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#16re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 7:50pm

I think it is only airing here in New York.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#17re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 7:54pm

Oh my. LIGHT AT THE PIAZZA footage. This makes Matt VERY happy to see.

hedwig14 Profile Photo
hedwig14
#18re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 7:55pm

Bummer. If it does happen to air here on the lowly west coast, and a fellow left coaster catches it, could you please please let us(me) know?
Thanks

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#19re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 7:56pm

and if anyone who hasn't seen Shoshana yet just saw that clip, you'll know why I dislike her so much. What was she doing, leading the marching band while singing?

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#20re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 7:57pm

It was actually a very well-put together special, and made even the worst of shows look decent. However, bad choice to end the show with Shoshana Bean.....wow....she sounded absolutely terrible in DEFYING GRAVITY.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

hedwig14 Profile Photo
hedwig14
#21re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 7:58pm

What? What happened???
I hate living here.

EDIT: Oh, just Shoshana singing badly. Updated On: 3/5/05 at 07:58 PM

Jimbo2 Profile Photo
Jimbo2
#22re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 8:02pm

Kudos and thanks to ABC for airing a great show with some terrific (and not so good) clips of musicals and also some great new dramas opening up this Spring. Thank You what a wonderful show!

"If we don't wake up and shake the nation, we'll eat the dust of the world, wondering why...why?"

ILoveWicked330
#23re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 8:03pm

I LOVE SHOSHANA! SHE WAS AMAZING IN THE CLIPS THEY SHOWED!!!!

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#24re: BROADWAY BACKSTAGE on TV TONIGHT - HELP!
Posted: 3/5/05 at 8:04pm

you've got to be kidding.

Videos