Gilligan's Island--The Musical

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#0Gilligan's Island--The Musical
Posted: 3/28/05 at 12:11am

I know Mr. Roxy mentioned this one back in August of '03, but it has finally appeared in Australia, billed as "the southern hemisphere premiere"!
Book by original creator Sherwood Schwartz and his son Lloyd, music by Laurence Jubner, former lead guitarist for Paul McCartney and Wings.

"Gilligan and the crew try their best to get rescued from their tropic island nest and along the way discover hieroglyphics, love, and an out-of-this-world close encounter that could destroy the planet."

Oy.

Opens March 31 in Brisbane.

Has anyone seen this show in...ahem...the northern hemisphere??

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#1re: Gilligan's Island--The Musical
Posted: 3/28/05 at 12:14am

This was my favorite show!

I played Gilligan, too on TV - before making it big in Nickoldeon's Halloween hit: Scary Camp....

GaLiNdaFied Profile Photo
GaLiNdaFied
#2re: Gilligan's Island--The Musical
Posted: 3/28/05 at 12:26am

I've seen a local show of it. The casting was horrible, which didn't make the show the greatest. Personally, I didn't like it; it was lacking something that the tv show had, which ruined the whole point of the show.

"Someone please tell me- when the hell did gravity become the enemy? How has an essential force of nature, something that makes it possible for life to even exist on this planet, come to deserve the scorn and hatred of every teenage girl with no head voice?"- Broadway Matt

TheatreRatinBlue Profile Photo
TheatreRatinBlue
#3re: Gilligan's Island--The Musical
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:44am

i saw that show about two weeks ago at a local actors equity theatre and it was god aweful! i wanted my money and time back. The songs were corny, the dancing was horrible, it was just rediculous.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#4re: Gilligan's Island--The Musical
Posted: 3/28/05 at 6:04am

You were expecting "Oklahoma" ?

Poster Emeritus

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#5re: Gilligan's Island--The Musical
Posted: 3/28/05 at 8:42am

dammit if only they could get tina louise to do this.

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#6re: Gilligan's Island--The Musical
Posted: 3/28/05 at 8:52am

I LOVE "GILLIGAN'S ISLAND THE MUSICAL" I was in the show at the drama camp I was in and I played Skipper it was sooooooooo fun to do. The songs were fun and I actually enjoyed them, "Thing I Could Have Said" was a really really good song. I would do this show again in a heartbeat.
I got to me Lloyd Schwartz, Sherwoods son, he created the musical and he was a really nice guy.

Facebook...ME !!!