songs for trio's

KellyOnBroadway
#0songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 9:44am

I'm looking for Broadway songs for trios that anyone can think of. my two friends and i always sing trio's at our school concerts and we need more suggestions! So far we have sung: Three Little Maids from School, Mama I'm a Big Girl Now, You Could Drive A Person Crazy, Matchmaker, and Little Shop of Horrors. Any others?

peach
#1re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 9:48am

Not my favorite song - but "I Feel Pretty" from West Side story, although written for four, could easily be done by three instead. Also, think of some ensemble numbers that you like. If they have a two or three part harmony, and lend themselves well to a smaller group of singers, just go for it.
Updated On: 4/1/05 at 09:48 AM

ashley0139
#2re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 9:55am

If you have a guy, you could do A Step Too Far from Aida, but from the songs you have listed, I gather you don't. I'll try to think of another one.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

pennywise-poundfoolish
#3re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 10:28am

Sing for Your Supper

rKrispyt Profile Photo
rKrispyt
#4re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 10:44am

Sing For Your Supper is a good one - gets pretty intricate and crazy with the jazzy harmonies and stuff, but I love it...

Never Never Land as it is in the show (if only the music were available...le sigh) from Piece is beautiful

I Want It All from Baby (might not be age appropriate though, not sure)

At The Ballet - oldie but goodie from A Chorus Line

There's Gotta Be Something Better Than This and/or Baby Dream Your Dream from Sweet Charity

I Wish I May and/or Make Him Mine from Witches of Eastwick

Somebody's Eyes from Footloose

Lotta Locomotion from Starlight Express

I've seen people do By My Side as a trio - just splitting up solos and stuff (usually only 2 people singing at one time until the ending and you put a 3rd person on one of the choral harmonies)

I gots millions more, PM me if you need more suggestions, lol

Hope that helps!

If I show you the darkness I hold inside, will you bring me to light?

peach
#5re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 10:57am

ooohh! Baby Dream Your Dream is a good one! Such a pretty little song and perfect for a trio.

Tenorific2
#6re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 11:35am

I don't know if sheet music is available, but the Andrew Lloyd Webber "Love Trio" consisting of 'Love Changes Everything', 'Unexpected Song', and 'I Don't Know How To Love Him'. If you have a musician friend who could 'mesh' them together for you, it could maybe work.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#7re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 11:41am

There are a few in Dreamgirls:
"Move (Right Out of My Life)"
"Dreamgirls"
"Heavey" (if you can find it)
"One Night Only" (technically four, depends on the arrangement)
"Hard to Say Goodbye My Love"

Sant
#8re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 12:00pm

"Anything for him" - KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN
"A Step too far" - AIDA
"Journey on" - RAGTIME

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#9re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 12:03pm

There was a thread on this a while ago. Do a search for it and you're likely to find it.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#10re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 1:09pm

fugue for the tinhorns (Guys and dolls) its a great up beat fun number!

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#11re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 9:09pm

You Gotta Get a Gimmik from GYPSY

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#12re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 11:19pm

"Easy Street" from Annie
"Heart Full Of Love" From Les Miz

Angel Dumott Schunard
#13re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 11:22pm

look in the Falsettos. There are some great trios in them.

EclipstHeart
#14re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 11:27pm

the riddle
from scarlet pimpernel
TONS of fun... in a dark, betrayed sorta way... hehe

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#15re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 11:29pm

"Three Friends" from Closer Than Ever.
It was originally written for three women, but being that they only had two in the show, they used a guy.

"Off-Time" from Ain't Misbehavin' - if you like to dance

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

stylinbohemian
#16re: songs for trio's
Posted: 4/1/05 at 11:49pm

"Together, Wherever we go" from Gypsy

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

Videos