Phantom Question

WestEndBird Profile Photo
WestEndBird
#0Phantom Question
Posted: 4/20/05 at 1:50pm

Does anyone happen to know the last note in the song Phantom of the Opera? I feel stupid...I can hit the note I just have no clue what it is.

"Even if I could let you see me cry you would never understand what I was feeling inside, you see it and use it but dont believe in it..."

MikeH Profile Photo
MikeH
#1re: Phantom Question
Posted: 4/20/05 at 2:14pm

Pretty sure it's an E or Eb..... maybe someone can help me out?

WestEndBird
#2re: Phantom Question
Posted: 4/20/05 at 2:50pm

I was thinking it was possibly a D???

"Even if I could let you see me cry you would never understand what I was feeling inside, you see it and use it but dont believe in it..."

kec Profile Photo
kec
#3re: Phantom Question
Posted: 4/20/05 at 3:36pm

If you mean the final note Christine sings in the title song, that note in the "stratusphere" re: Phantom Question -- it's an E.

LilMiZBroADwaY23
#4re: Phantom Question
Posted: 4/20/05 at 3:54pm

E above High C.

Crazy high, it took me two years and constant practice to be able to hit that.

sassypanz
#5re: Phantom Question
Posted: 4/20/05 at 4:09pm

There are 4 Ds and an E.

WestEndBird
#6re: Phantom Question
Posted: 4/20/05 at 4:12pm

Andrew Lloyd Weber is ovbiously in love with the above the fly zone stuff. Goodness...thank you for the info!

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#7re: Phantom Question
Posted: 4/20/05 at 5:34pm

I think it either a C or an E note. I believe its one of the notes in the A minor cord....if I remember correctly.

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#8re: Phantom Question
Posted: 4/20/05 at 5:45pm

It's an E. I have an article with Emmy Rossum saying she had to work hard for that E.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#9re: Phantom Question
Posted: 4/20/05 at 6:20pm

I thought she didn't hit it? O.o; Oh well, I should get cracking on seeing the movie. But yeah, it's an E, as it has been..confirmed..oh so many times in this thread.

:shuts up:

This is my signature.

jjdude2000
#10re: Phantom Question
Posted: 4/20/05 at 7:38pm

It goes C. C. C. C. E

Grace: I just gave a quarter to a homeless man. I think it was Johnny Depp.

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#11re: Phantom Question
Posted: 4/20/05 at 8:05pm

In the stage version, Christine's last note is indeed an E; in the movie, it's a semitone lower (Emmy Rossum sings a D-sharp/E-flat instead) because the movie eliminated the last verse of the song and the accompanying key change.

Videos