pixeltracker

Sweet Charity / Chicago Question

Sweet Charity / Chicago Question

Derek
#0Sweet Charity / Chicago Question
Posted: 5/8/05 at 3:53pm

Charlotte is the Charity standby right? Yet, she us also is starring in Chicago. If Christina is out, will she leave Chicago for that performance and send in her understudy and go over to the Hirschfeld?? Thanks

MargoChanning
#1re: Sweet Charity / Chicago Question
Posted: 5/8/05 at 3:59pm

Yes. There are a couple of Roxie understudies/standbys so one of them would take D'Amboise's place for that performance while she played Charity.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

CJR
#2re: Sweet Charity / Chicago Question
Posted: 5/8/05 at 3:59pm

There were a few threads on this awhile back.... if I wasn't lazy and in a hurry, I'd look for them.

Yes, Charlotte would leave Chicago and go down to Charity to go on. Either Belle or one of the 2 understudies (Michelle DeJean or Michelle Potterf) would go on as Roxie in her place.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#3re: Sweet Charity / Chicago Question
Posted: 5/8/05 at 7:01pm

It sounds like the Stritch explanation of how she understudied Merman & appeared in Pal Joey simultaneously.("and you wonder why I drank!)

#4re: Sweet Charity / Chicago Question
Posted: 5/8/05 at 10:46pm

I would love to see Belle doing Roxie once more.

Mary_Ethel Profile Photo
Mary_Ethel
#5re: Sweet Charity / Chicago Question
Posted: 5/9/05 at 1:48am

But "The Merm" NEVER missed a performance, sabrelady--that was not her "style". Her standbys/understudies NEVER went on. Stritch NEVER played "Mrs. Sally Adams" until the National Touring Company of CALL ME MADAM.

"I say YOU'RE the CUTEST one. No, I say YOU'RE the CUTEST One. And we go on like that from dawn to three."

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#6re: Sweet Charity / Chicago Question
Posted: 5/9/05 at 10:20am

Almost never. Betty Garrett went on in SOMETHING FOR THE BOYS and I think Jane Romano went on once during GYPSY. That is, if the audience didn't all go home.