pixeltracker

Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago

Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#0Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 1:57am

OK!!! so as many of you know I had one of the best experiences EVER on Thursday May 5th when I won the lottery in Chicago. So I went back today (well, tomorrow Tuesday May 17th) to try my luck on seeing Jenna as Elphaba. Well I didn't win the lottery, but by some strange luck I got a hold of a canellation ticket, I paid for it w/o knowing where it was at (only that it was in Orch) turned out to be 5th row CENTER! Side note: while I was sitting in my seat before the show started I was looking up and the clock dragon and my eyes wandered to a crew guy up stage right and he smiled at me and I waved at him and he waved back..I just thought that was cool! :)

Jenna! Amazing, GORGEOUS, FABULOUS, there aren't enough adjectives! *by the way, trying to find out if the U/S is going on in Chicago is only to be followed with rude and "what are you stupid?" looks from the people who work there. I had a lot of "THEY NEVER announce that before a show, EVER!" well in NYC they do..* anyways, she was FIERCE. I can't believe that she's done this role only a few times now! Every note was on pitch and gorgeous! I especially loved her "No Good Deed" which she said she messed up the words..but I didn't notice!
Lori (Nessa) I was actually quite disappointed with her performance. I didn't feel much life to her acting and her singing was just ok. I don't wanna be mean though so hopefully it was an off night. I was most disappointed in her "just got new legs" part, she got up way toooooo easy off the floor and kept doing this weird upper body roll that looked more like dancing then if she never had walked before. I thought Jenna was much better in the role.

On that note they had a technical mishap that I don't think anyone but me wouldn't have noticed! When Elphie is "melting" the lights went out as soon as the water hit her instead of the slowly shrinking effect and it went straight to the smoke picture on the screen..I was worried that Jenna would have trouble getting in to the trap door but I didn't ask her about it and she didn't say anything so...

Everything was still FANTASTIC! I liked Kendra MORE this time..loved her the first time but I thought she did even better!
That's enough review..it's the STAGE DOOR that's the OMG part!
------------------------------

Stage door!! ok well there was a CRAP load of people there..there was a bus load of kids from Minnesota that were SOOOO rude! I was standing by the door cuz I got there right away and these like 15 year olds PUSHED me back! so I was then very far back but I didn't worry cuz I knew the cast was UBER sweet and would get to everyone.

Before that happened Kendra came out and I didn't talk to her the last time so this time I made sure I did, She was very sweet! I apoligized to her cuz it seemed she didn't want to be bothered but she was very nice and I think she seems that way cuz she's actually very shy.

Logan Lipton (Boq) I bothered him this time too cuz I didn't get his pic/autograph last time! also very nice.

OK! the best part ever! So all those little 15 year-olds who viciously pushed me out of the way (to get to Derrick and Jenna): when Derrick came out they all swooned and for about 15 minutes got their pics and autographs, I kept hearing them all go "OMG he is SOOOOO hot" and were all very immature about it. Then he turns around and while all these girls swoon he sees me AND says "Hey" then points at me with recognition and says "Stephanie!?" (OMG i didn't think he knew my name the FIRST TIME we met!!) I would have loved to see the looks on the girl's faces! I was too busy staring into his eyes...But anyway he was talking to me about the show and I did SUCH a good job of flirting w/o being a teeny! He kept talking to me even as he signed other autographs and asked me where I lived and stuff (yeah, he wants me lol) so yeah..I'm in love.

When Jenna came out the same sorta thing happened, everyone was crowded around her and taking pictures and then NO JOKE when she saw me she like yelled "STEPHANIE!" (Once again, how did she know/remember my name!?) so We also had a convo and I let everyone get there autographs before she signed mine playbill and took a pic with me. Some guy she last saw like 10 years ago was there too so I didn't get to talk to her as much as I wanted to but she is the sweetest person ever. She thanked me like 10 times for coming. It was awesome while the rude teenies were there cuz they were soooo jealous that Jenna and Derrick knew me by name!!

OK sorry this is long again..I will have pics uploaded in like 10 seconds on the fan photos thing and if anyone has any questions about the show or w/e just ask em!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

StephanietheStar
#1re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:11am

Geez I talk too much! I just wanted to say though in my pictures under fan photos I have two pics of Jenna as Elphaba *there are like NONE that exist! until now* they aren't the best but they aren't bad either!

theatreboi11
#2re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:18am

Hey! I remmeber seeing you at the stage door tonight! Haha you probably have no clue who I am but I remember seeing you:)

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

StephanietheStar
#3re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:22am

AHA..I was hoping someone from here was there..you probably saw me acting like I was soo cool..cuz I had a major ego trip when they both said my name!
who were you?? maybe I'll remember you..but I was kinda in a different world then soo...:)

theatreboi11
#4re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:24am

I didnt see the show..LOL my friend and I decided to stalk the performers at the stage door so we drove up to chicago and waited in the alley for about an hour! It was a great time and we got to meet a lot of the crew that came out for random smoke breaks. Anywho, The cast is great! They were all so friendly and nice and willing to stay till everyone had an autograph. Jenna was gorgeous. I was so excited to see her. So modest too. She opened up the stage door and saw the crowd and had this shocked look on her face. The whole time she just had this I can't believe people are this crazy about me look! So wonderful! I must say though I found it weird that they didnt have security or cars waiting for the performers. After Darick finished signing he just walked all the way down the alley by himself as if he didn't just finish being the male lead in Wicked! *weird* But cast is great and friendly!

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."
Updated On: 5/18/05 at 02:24 AM

theatreboi11
#5re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:28am

I was the tall, short hair *hot* boy (lol jk on the hot part) wearing a jean jacket and navy polo. I was there with my friend Ashley who is much shorter than me. She was wearing a black hat and jean jacket as well. I totally heard you being suprised when Derrick said, "ur stephanie". And you were like im impressed you remember my name! haha i swear im not a stalker!

Updated On: 5/18/05 at 02:28 AM

StephanietheStar
#6re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:29am

I love that about Jenna..she doesn't know how fantastic she is!

I saw Derrick walking away alone too..i really wanted to follow him *devilish grin*

OMG!! did I say "I swear I'm not a stalker?" please tell me I didn't say that!!

I think I remember you..not sure though

Updated On: 5/18/05 at 02:29 AM

theatreboi11
#7re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:31am

Ya we had him sign our paper and got a pic with him. LoL Me too! Now that is One fine black man!! My friend was getting pissed cause I was trying to get a date and she was trying to get an autograph! opps hehe

theatreboi11
#8re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:33am

lol no you didnt say that. I just didnt want you to freak out that I was ease dropping lol

StephanietheStar
#9re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:33am

HEHE!!

only like all the other broadway men I'm in love with...this one is straight! (right? re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago )
I kept telling my parents that the next time I go to the stage door I'll be getting a date! they weren't too happy with that..

by the way do you like how this is our own little conversation

theatreboi11
#10re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:36am

oh totally! I wanted to see the touring cast so badly but never got a hold of tickets! And figured I didn't have good enough luck to win the lottery! I tried getting canceled tix but they said u must be a subscriber! *lord* So I'm going to try to get tickets to the next company for my boyfriends bday! Ana Gastyer should be interesting

StephanietheStar
#11re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:40am

AHhh..that sucks! the story behind my cancelled tickets is funny. I had asked earlier if there was ONE seat and they acted like I was stupid (I get that a lot in Chicago apparently) and then after the drawing I was still by the B.Office and some lady wanted to buy tickets and there was 2 seats, and they don't like to sell only one of a pair, and the woman that I had asked earlier called me over and asked if I still wanted a ticket! Pure luck once again!

Keep trying the lottery if you can! you're bound to win it sooner or later!

I want to keep seeing the tour! I love them..so talented and sooo nice!

theatreboi11
#12re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:44am

Ya unfortunatly I am living down at college this summer in Champaign. Just came home for a week. I was fortunate enough to see Idina's "last" performance in NYC so I have at least seen the show. But I would love to see this cast! I might try getting tickets when it comes to St louis as well. Never know.

My friends and I are going back Thursday though to see if Stephanie is there and to stalk more of the cast! lol you wont believe the looks you get just sitting in an alley waiting by the stage door just as the second act is getting ready to start! re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago

StephanietheStar
#13re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:47am

Ha! ohh..thursday is one of my free days from rehearsals... (gets ideas to go back out to chicago..) I live like an hour and a half..and my parents have to drive me cuz I'm afraid to drive in downtown traffic...

But I want my date with Derrick damn it!

theatreboi11
#14re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:50am

What are you in rehearsal for?

You have amazing parents to do that for you! lol my mom would never support my boarder line illegal stalking.

I used to be in modern company downtown so I am used to the crazyness that is chicago traffic!

theatreboi11
#15re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:52am

HAHA since we started this thread my status has gone from chorus member to understudy! lol

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#16re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 2:58am

YAY,

Stephanie!!!! I am so happy for you, and jealous. I know how you feel...when I walked out of the theatre after I saw Jenna as Elphie I just had SUCH a smile on my face. Did you say I say hi? hah...don't worry if you didn't...

Oh and dont you just wish you had a picture of her in costume. When you first see her in the second act I literally gasped with how gorgeous she looked.

Akiva

StephanietheStar
#17re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 3:03am

One thing I kept thinking was SHE IS TOO GORGEOUS! anyone at the school would have been like "SO what if she is green, she's breathtaking!". Akiva! I remembered you until she said my name! an then I was like "SHE KNOWS MY NAME TOO!?!? WHAT WORLD AM I IN!" and I forgot! sorry! I suck!

Yay for understudy status boi! btw I'm just in rehearsal for Oklahoma! at the community theatre..but I'm only free this week and I think next on Tues and Thurs so..I need me some more Wicked..or should I say some more Derrick and Jenna *WHO know my name thank you*

TonyInATL Profile Photo
TonyInATL
lori2
#19re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 3:59pm

I just saw Wicked for the very first time and (scream) it was ... FANTASTIC! INCREDIBLE! SPELLBINDING! I cried literally the entire time. I know that a lot of other people were crying because I could hear the sniffles, but when the lights went on for intermission, I had to cover my face for a second, because I went into the ugly cry! YIKES! Yeah, uh, I met Derrick Williams outside (very nice - got an autograph and a picture) and as I was trying to tell him I loved it and I cried the whole time, I STARTED CRYING AGAIN! ARRRRGGGGGGHHH! Jenna was sensational and I met her too and got a picture, and she was so very sweet. I am going to try like hell to get back to see it!

StephanietheStar
#20re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 4:21pm

AHh I'm glad you cried Lori! I cry in like every show! such a girl...did you see Tuesday nights show too?
Is that cast not the sweetest ever? so nice!

RentBoy86
#21re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 4:51pm

what else has derrick been in? Any tv shows or movies? i swear he looks familiar. and jenna was in sabrina right? any pics of her from sabrina?

StephanietheStar
#22re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 5:08pm

Derrick's Bio says he was in Aida, Wicked on Broadway, and Smokey Joe's Cafe and Chappelle's show (that makes me laugh)

yay Jenna! i think these people have some Libby pics
http://broadwaybelter.tripod.com/jennagreen/

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#23re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 5:43pm

lucky lucky you!!

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

StephanietheStar
#24re: Oh--MY--GAWD! My Wicked review with Jenna as Elphaba/Chicago
Posted: 5/18/05 at 9:10pm

There is no way I could have any more luck..I've spent it all for my lifetime...

Videos