"Piazza" OCR held up?

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#0"Piazza" OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 1:42pm

I live just outside Boston MA, and cannot find this recording anywhere. Is anyone else having trouble finding it?

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

mirandajrs Profile Photo
mirandajrs
#1re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 1:51pm

Yup, I can't find it in Harrisburg, PA.

Edith 'Little Edie' Bouvier Beale: Do you think my costume looked all right for Brooks? I think he was a little amazed.

#2re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 1:52pm

For some reason WEA distribution had a problem getting this into stores. My store got their supply a day late and I heard from customers that it was MIA all over town. Try today or tomorrow. It should be in stock everywhere in the next day or two.

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#3re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 2:12pm

Yea, bummer. CD Universe lists it as backordered on my order status but shipped out "Little Women" and "Altar Boyz". "Light" was the one I was looking forward to most...re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#4re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 2:19pm

Grrr...frustrating....i'll try again today.
BTW...Demitri2....cute kitty. re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#5re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 2:21pm

The only place in Chicago I found it was at Coconuts in the Loop, and I only stumbled upon that place by chance. (They also had Fiorello, which I was looking for.:))

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#6re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 5:54pm

It stinks. CD stores always seem to have the latest Beyonce or Justin Timberlake CDs, but they never have cast recordings on the day they come out. I just made a hefty purchase from Amazon.com

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#7re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 5:56pm

i couldnt find it at borders or barnes and noble in fort lauderdale.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#8re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 6:18pm

They dont' have it in the Camp hill area either... curse them! They said probably 3-5 days from today... but it could techincally be anywhere from 5-11 days. Wow, thanks a lot.

What is up with the CDs?
~kangaroore: 'Piazza' OCR held up?

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#9re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 6:26pm

Haha. Little thread-jack:

I was reading the little bulletin of recent threads from the Off-Topic board, and I misread it as Pizza OCR and my first thought was, MUSICAL THEATRE?! PIZZA?!!

But, aye me, imagine the disappointment when I arrived here. re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?

This is my signature.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#10re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 6:33pm

Just letting you all know I'm thinking of you while Kelli O'Hara is singing so beautifully on my stereo. :)

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
BobbyBaby244
#12re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:11pm

Anyone live in Washington, D.C. who found the Piazza OCR?? I'm DYING to listen to it!!!

tpdc
#13re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:19pm

Looked all over town in DC yesterday and couldn't find it anywhere.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#14re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:21pm

Found it in two stores by me.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#15re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:24pm

Bobby, when I lived in DC I could always find cast recordings at the Sam Goody in Union Station.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Updated On: 5/25/05 at 07:24 PM

BobbyBaby244
#16re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:44pm

you're lucky! which stores??

gwalke4
#17re: 'Piazza' OCR held up?
Posted: 5/25/05 at 10:30pm

Here in good old Baton Rouge, Louisiana...

Barnes & Noble told me that not only my special order was held up but their order, simply to put it on the shelves, was as well. Soonest it will be here: June 2

Wherehouse Music: what was that title again? No, I've never heard of that. <---Thanks though!

Local CD Shop: We get EVERYTHING from Nonesuch and this isn't even showing up on my computer. It looks like it's been pushed back, maybe 3 weeks?

Amazon: We're having problems with your debit card (damn me, I overdrew my checking account). But if I spend close to 30 bucks I can have it Friday.

Good lord, all this for a CD, I thought?

Then, I ran into my acting prof who just got back from NYC, where she saw "Doubt" and "Piazza," (upon my verging on fanatical suggestion). Her words: "Brilliant, absolutely brilliant"

Which made me despair again. Hopefully Friday, when I don't have work and will stay at home all day listening to it.

I EVEN HAD A DREAM ABOUT THIS SITUATION! This fitful dream this morning, where I had written an obsessive fan letter to Mr. Guettel, but hadn't sent it. Then my sister did, under her name, and he came to her birthday party and talked to her! But he wouldn't talk to me!
Renegade Shakespeare Company

Videos