j'adore 'AMOUR'

erikk Profile Photo
erikk
#0j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:45pm

does anyone know this show called 'amour,' which starred malcolm gets and melissa ericco in 2003?

anyway i just discovered the original cast recording and have fallen in love with it...does anyone know if they've published the sheet music for it?? or if not, where i can possibly find it? or how about who owns the rights to the show? (its not MTI or sam french, i checked)

thanks guys - specifically the songs 'an ordinary guy' (sung by malcolm gets) and 'painter's song' (sung by norm lewis, who i sort of want to BE)

-erik

all-time favs: 'into the woods' 'pippin' 'violet' 'amour' 'rent' 'merrily we roll along' 'jesus christ superstar' 'chess' 'parade' 'the last five years' 'songs for a new world' norm lewis, carolee carmello, raul esparza, norbert leo butz, murray head

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#1re: j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:48pm

yay, chris fitz.!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#2re: j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:53pm

Michel LeGrand.

If you liked Amour and Melissa Errico - stay tuned for Melissa's next solo album. All the music is written by LeGrand. They are all new songs.

She is going this fall to record it in France withe a LARGE orchestra.

The songs are all very beautiful. I can't wait.

erikk Profile Photo
erikk
#3re: j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:55pm

yeah, chris fitzgerald is awesome, too...

i was lucky enough to be an apprentice at the williamstown theatre festival this past summer, and he played 'puck' in 'midsummer' and was the coolest funniest dude ever

all-time favs: 'into the woods' 'pippin' 'violet' 'amour' 'rent' 'merrily we roll along' 'jesus christ superstar' 'chess' 'parade' 'the last five years' 'songs for a new world' norm lewis, carolee carmello, raul esparza, norbert leo butz, murray head

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#4re: j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:56pm

ohh yeah, I remember when he did that last summer! I imagine he'd be quite good at that role!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

PramsAclams Profile Photo
PramsAclams
#5re: j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/21/05 at 2:46am

I hope you're in New York so you can have the pleasure of checking out the show at the Lincoln Center library. I too love the recording and watching it is truly a treat. Christopher Fitzgerald comes across wonderfully in the video--like a real Broadway performer from the...days of yore I guess. It's one of my 5 favorite shows. Go Amour!

It's eckspecially apropos So if you really want to know Do I love you? Don't aks.

mrcacou Profile Photo
mrcacou
#6re: j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/21/05 at 3:33am

Amour was a great success here in France, it ran for two years in Paris. Its title was then "Le Passe Muraille". It won many awards. The only odd thing was that most of the actors had never sung before. The French cast recording is a very nice two CD set.

In my heart, I found the answered dream, and in my soul I found the song, and in my friends I found the magic, the love, the moon up above- they were mine, all mine, all along..!

Eastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
#7re: j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/21/05 at 5:02am

I've been looking for the cast recording but haven't been able to track it down - is it available anywhere on line?

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#8re: j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/21/05 at 6:19am

It's a nice CD, but I can't imagine that the show itself would be particularly enjoyable.

Man I love Malcolm Gets.

You should be able to get the CD on Amazon. I did.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#9re: j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/21/05 at 6:26am

The cast album is in print and available online from any of the major music outlets (Amazon, Tower, etc.)

I saw the show 10 times on Broadway (including opening and closing nights) and it remains one of my favorite shows of the past decade.

Eastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
#10re: j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/21/05 at 6:52am

Sorry, should have made myself clearer - I meant the 2 disc French recording that mrcacou was talking about! I have the OBC, which I love - it's great if you just want music for sitting quietly and reading a book. I am still holding out hope for a production of it here in the UK (though I think it'll be done on the amateur circuit first)

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#11re: j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/21/05 at 9:55am

The CD has another fan here!

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#12re: j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/21/05 at 10:15am

OOH YOU POPPED A VAIN!!! i love that show!! it is one of the best ever!! i could go on and on if i'd like, but ill just leave it at that

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#13re: j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/21/05 at 10:38am

i must say i got the CD but ended up selling it. i listened to it several times, even to the point that some of the tunes were stuck in my head ... but as it turned out, that was not such a good thing!

RIP glebby <3

erikk Profile Photo
erikk
#14re: j'adore 'AMOUR'
Posted: 6/21/05 at 12:15pm

yeah, the cast recording is available, i actually just got it in a 'barnes and noble.'

so no ideas where i can get the sheet music? i'm pretty sure its unpublished, unfortunately...but i'm hoping to maybe just contact whoever owns the rights. oh well.

ALSO - a production is being done a the goodspeed opera house in connecticut (yay CT...i guess) in late august and early september that i'm gonna see, if anyone is in the area. i'm interested to see how they stage it and all that.

thanks all -

-erik

Videos