Norbert Leo Butz

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#0Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 4:30pm

Has anyone met him recently, because I am just wondering how he is after he has won his tony? thanks

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#1re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 4:34pm

He is just as nice if not nicer. I met him on the 26th and twice before the Tony's and he is just an all around great guy. Loves his fans but is a tad bit shy. re: Norbert Leo Butz. I LOVE norbs!

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#2re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 4:38pm

He's actually shy???????????????????

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#3re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 4:41pm

Yes, VERY shy, it is soooo cute and endearing!

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#4re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 7:20pm

I don't see how he could be shy,

i geuss being on the stage makes him feel more comfortable?

TennesseeTwang
#5re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 7:24pm

His singing voice is very sexy.

Thesbijean
#6re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 7:25pm

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel, I am SO GLAD YOU TWO ARE FRIENDS now...

re: Norbert Leo Butz

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#7re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 7:26pm

When he came out of the stagedoor the other night, he was very nice but yes - you can definitely tell he is a little shy. A great guy, though.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#8re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 7:30pm

You know, Thesbijean, I know you always jump in with your "just because you've met an actor x amount of times doesn't make you his/her friend..." and I'm well aware of the truth in that, but by saying that Norbert was nice to his fans, or implying that she knows something about his personality, DRS hardly implied that she felt they were friends. Hold your opinion and stick to its validity, but don't call people out on it when they don't deserve it. Suddenly if you know anything of an actor's personality, you're going too far? Please.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BwayBoy25
#9re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 7:32pm

gosh i love emcee

hear the beat...

luvtheEmcee
#10re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 7:35pm

Because next thing we know, by virtue of the fact I could tell you what Adam Pascal's personality is like, someone's going to tell me I think he's my new best friend, and that's just silly. I know of many, many people who do what Thesbijean is talking about, and this really isn't such a case.

Updated On: 7/2/05 at 07:35 PM

GaLiNdaFied Profile Photo
GaLiNdaFied
#11re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 8:01pm

Perhaps, Emcee, you shouldn't take things too personally. In my experience on these boards, that winking face thats at the bottom of Thesbijean's post tends to mean that that person is joking or being playful.

"Someone please tell me- when the hell did gravity become the enemy? How has an essential force of nature, something that makes it possible for life to even exist on this planet, come to deserve the scorn and hatred of every teenage girl with no head voice?"- Broadway Matt

luvtheEmcee
#12re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 8:02pm

I read sarcasm, which you can note in the fact that he often makes those sorts of statements, albeit sometimes more blunt, as stated in the beginning of my first post.

Updated On: 7/2/05 at 08:02 PM

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#13re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 8:15pm

Norb is what I call a "shy extrovert" like a lot of performers. On stage, in a secure setting- no holds are barred. In the personal, there is a lot more reticence, after all, it is the "real" them now. I have seen this behavior in so many performers I almost consider it part of the psychological make up now.

luvtheEmcee
#14re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 8:17pm

But sabrelady, how can you say those things? You must think you're friends with ALL of these actors in whom you've observed this behavior. Sigh.

(I agree with you.)

Updated On: 7/2/05 at 08:17 PM

ProducersFan
#15re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 8:31pm

I've noticed the "shy quality" in many performers as well, including Norbert. But, of course, I can not truly judge any one I've only seen once or twice. Just a personal observation I've made. Being completely extroverted on the stage, playing another person, does not necessarily mean they're the same way in person. That's just the showing of very good acting. re: Norbert Leo Butz

Personally, I am in awe of the people who are shy in real life but can be so completely opposite on stage. I wish I could be like that.

~Jessica

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart
Updated On: 7/2/05 at 08:31 PM

GaLiNdaFied Profile Photo
GaLiNdaFied
#16re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 9:05pm

You said your point, get over it Emcee.

As for Norbert, both times that I've met him, he was exactly as everyone has stated here, very nice yet seemed a bit shy, however it could just be because he's tired after the show.

"Someone please tell me- when the hell did gravity become the enemy? How has an essential force of nature, something that makes it possible for life to even exist on this planet, come to deserve the scorn and hatred of every teenage girl with no head voice?"- Broadway Matt

luvtheEmcee
#17re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 9:10pm

Honey, you get over it. So suddenly you have a problem with me? Plenty of people re-hash things over and over again; go after them too if you're going to bug me.

Updated On: 7/2/05 at 09:10 PM

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#18re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 9:21pm

He seems shy - but all around very accomodating.

Some girl was in the back and missed him. As he got in his car she gave him her playbill...he signed it from inside his car.

NLB
#19re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 9:43pm

jk Updated On: 7/2/05 at 09:43 PM

luvtheEmcee
#20re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 9:44pm

Whoa?

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#21re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 9:46pm

I could think of worse threads that could be found.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#22re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 9:49pm

^NLB, is that a joke?

luvtheEmcee
#23re: Norbert Leo Butz
Posted: 7/2/05 at 9:50pm

And not even a well-played one at that.

WesternSky2 Profile Photo