Maya Rudolph

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#0Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/7/05 at 7:47pm

Seeing the Mad TV thread got me thinking...does anyone else think that Maya Rudolph would be a great Cary Coleman in Q? From what I've heard she can sing, and she definitley has the comedic skills for it. Thoughts?
Updated On: 7/7/05 at 07:47 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#1re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/7/05 at 7:50pm

She is hot

Unfortunately, SNL is so lame I do not watch it that often

Poster Emeritus

Georgeanne Profile Photo
Georgeanne
#2re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/7/05 at 7:53pm

She is rather funny, but as Mr Roxy put it, SNL is lame and I would prefer to sleep than to watch that dreck.

I do believe she can sing, as well.

Me, I like to live.
Me, I like to laugh.
Me, I like to love.

TonyInATL Profile Photo
TonyInATL
#3re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/7/05 at 7:56pm

She's Minnie Riperton's daughter, so singing's in her genes. re: Maya Rudolph

Seriously, she's been singing for most of her life, so I don't think Broadway would be a stretch.

P.S. Please don't anyone ask who Minnie Riperton is.

FosseBoi
#4re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/7/05 at 11:20pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!!!!!!!!! I would LOVE to see her in something that REALLY showcases her talents!

"Versus the movie" anyone?

or "Geminis Twin da movie" ? That way we get Maya AND Ana!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

BWayBoy88
#5re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:05am

That episode when Donald Trump hosted and she was Omarosa during the news and plaster and other various object kept falling on her head was hysterical. But yes, SNL is horrible these days. It's too bad such a talent is wasted in a horrible dry spell

Sarah2
#6re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:24am

Yeah SNL has some episodes that are hysterical (some of those TV funhouse cartoons are really funny) and some that just aren't worth watching at all...Maya Rudolph is hilarious though.

FosseBoi
#8re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:02am

She is one of the few main reasons I still watch the show!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#9re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/8/05 at 2:08am

She is lame. SNL is lame.

She has no range as an actor. They keep giving her characters with accents and she can't even do those right. She's not funny. She's not a good singer at all but they keep makin her screach.

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

superstarjpp Profile Photo
superstarjpp
#10re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/9/05 at 2:04pm

Maya Rudolph is amazing, I agree that she would be great on Broadway, maybe not in Avenue Q though. She and Amy Poehler are really the only good parts of SNL these days

BwayBoy25
#11re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/9/05 at 2:05pm

her donatella impersonations are my favorite...i think she would make a decent replacement..maybe for a short stint

hear the beat...

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#13re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/9/05 at 4:06pm

It's funny he responded here, because I bashed Mad TV in another thread, and he felt the need to come to the same to me.

#14re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/10/05 at 11:12am

I think she would be great in a comedic role on Broadway. We haven't seen Ave Q yet, but from what I've heard, she'd be great in that role.

SNL has gone way down in their writing, but Maya is one of the few stand outs. While watching another episode, we thought Chris Parnell would make an interesting Freddy in DRS. Just a thought....

TheColorOfFlame
#15re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/10/05 at 11:14am

She's my idol. Her impressions are impeccable.

"I am the sound of distant thunder, the color of flame." CARRIE the Musical

roquat
#16re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/10/05 at 1:48pm

As usual, Tuttle, you are way off the mark about Maya Rudolph. She's the only reason to tune in to SNL these days.

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

BabyJohn Profile Photo
BabyJohn
#17re: Maya Rudolph
Posted: 7/10/05 at 1:56pm

I love Maya. She is one of the only reasons I still watch SNL. I like her and Tina Fey, and Amy Poehler a lot. I love her as Donatella. And she CAN sing.

KRISTEN CHENOWETH To show my gratitude, I'll offer you this pointy black hat, which is just like the one Original Wicked Witch Margaret Hamilton wore in the movie! IDINA MENZEL What a great idea! How about throughout the play, you continue to offer me things like a black cloak, or a black cape, or a broom to make me look more and more like Margaret Hamilton did! These attempts at humor will be painfully predictable from a mile away! AUDIENCE collectively groans.

Videos