pixeltracker

Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler

Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#0Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler
Posted: 7/10/05 at 8:18pm

Well today I was at the matinee for Altar Boyz and it was such an amazing and emotional experience being it is the last day for Tyler Maynard and Daniel Torres. Here is my review:

The Show:
We are the Altar Boyz- The show started off great. All of us Altarholics were spread out so there were cheers from all sides of the theater which was cool. The audience really seemed to love this song, everyone around me got so into it I loved it. Tyler got a huge applause/cheer after his solo.
Rhythm in Me- So good and funny. Tyler was trying new things all over the place. The audience loved Tyler throughout this entire song. Amazing
Church Rulez- I noticed new facial expressions from all the boys today. Each one seemed to be having a ball up there, and I continued laughing throughout this whole song.
The Calling- Something about this song always makes me laugh and the audience ate it up. Clapping along, cheering, it was wonderful. Everyone was great during this song.
The Miracle Song- I think David did a new beat box style. it seemed different from the last time I saw him do it. I dont know but this song is one of my favorites and the audience really got into it.
Everybody Fits- This song. Oh man I don't know why but at the end of this one I started to lose it. I don't know why but I just did. Everything was totally together and perfect. I can't even begin to explain it to you. Just perfect.
Something About You- Alright Scott picked another blonde tonight. She seemed to be very nervous to be up there. She did smile a few times but she seemed really uncomfortable, but she did smile a few times. Tyler was hysterical during this song. New hair flips and when he walks toward Matthew was so funny.
Body Mind and Soul- Alright here is my time to say how wonderful Kevin's performance was. It just seemed like his mike was off but he was trying hard to not scream i think. From what Lori tells me, Andy got a kick out of Kevins performance. Loving every minute of it. But this song was hysterical. Kevin's portrayl of Luke was just so right. His timing was perfect and I loved his rendition.
La Vida Eternal- How much do I love Ryan Duncan? ALOT! He was fantastic, so emotional. I thought i was going to cry here to but I kept it together and Tyler and that Flan Cake. TO GOOD!! The Tango between Tyler and Kevin was too cute.
Epiphany- Alright when Tyler did the intro to this song I started to get that lump in my throat. It was so emotional, so powerful. This whole song was just so amazing is the only word to describe it. It was just perfect and you could see all the other boyz just watching Tyler and every movement. He got a standing ovation at the end of it. He covered his face with his towel for a few seconds which made me tear up more and then nodded at David to continue it was so amazing.
Number 918- Ha one of my favorite songs. So good. i guess its something about slow running that jsut gets me. Funny thing though was Kevin dropped the cross but he recovered well. All in All amazing.
I Believe- Alright i believe that this song summed up the emotion in that room. The lyrics told it so perfectly that I really lost it. Knowing that this was the last time I would see Tyler in the show and Daniel made me really sad. I couldn't really believe it that the show had come and gone and that it was over.

Bows- Everyone was going crazy and there was really no crying on stage which was good or I would have cried more. But Scott did cry during I believe which I think I missed but people said he was really crying. Which shows how much of a family these guys are.

After Show- Waiting around with all those Altarholics. I got a picture with Scott and David and Kevin and Daniel. Ryan ran out really fast so I didn't get to see him and Tyler did not come out at all he got out of there fast. But Kevin remembered me which was so cool and Scott seemed very like sad which made me sad. I think I hugged Daniel four times and was like crying each time and he is truly one of the nicest guys ever. Then after I said goodbye to all of the Altarholics and walked outside i went to get a sandwich with my dad and saw Kevin and David walking and Kevin waved to me. Then we walked back to the car where I really lost it. I cried for a good 15 minutes as we drove away from Dodgers blasting Altar Boyz, haha Jenn and i think Josie was there. But it was an amazing experience as I listen to the cd right now.

And in about 20 minutes it will be all over and Tyler and Daniel will be finished with Altar Boyz.

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#1re: Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler
Posted: 7/10/05 at 9:46pm

Aww, Ash! I told you, I'm so happy you had fun today. I know it was very emotional, because I was sitting at home, wallowing in my sorrows.

I LOVE YOU DANIEL AND TYLER.

NYCBWAYFan24
#2re: Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler
Posted: 7/10/05 at 10:02pm

I was at the matinee show as well. It was a great show and Tyler was amazing!!! I had sooooooo much fun!! Tyler and Daniel will def. be missed. I'm so glad I got to see Daniel go on before he left!!!

TabooWickedFan
#3re: Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler
Posted: 7/10/05 at 10:29pm

lucky duck you are to have seen Daniel perform. I am in the club that never got to, I guess it wasn't meant to be.

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#4re: Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler
Posted: 7/10/05 at 10:37pm

im kinda upset i never got to see tyler as mark. but i did see daniel =]

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

Chip1012 Profile Photo
Chip1012
#5re: Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler
Posted: 7/10/05 at 11:01pm

I saw it yesterday and am so glad I got to see Tyler. Fantastic performances from everyone!

NYCBWAYFan24
#6re: Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler
Posted: 7/10/05 at 11:45pm

TabooWickedFan I think I saw you today after the matinee in the lobby while everybody was waiting for the guys!!!!

Yeah, it's funny how I ended up getting to see Daniel go on. Cuz, I kept making plans to go see Altar Boyz but I had to keep postponing or rescheduling and then I found out Tyler and Daniel were leaving so tht made me what to see it even more. But, I could never find a good time to go. And then one day my friend was just like "let's try and see Altar Boyz if they have rush tickets we'll go" so we get there and they ended up having tickets and when we're walking to get into the theatre I notice the board that says Daniel was going on as Abe which to me was a total suprise cuz for some reason I thought he was in the cast and wasn't an understudy or anything. But yeah he was sooooooooooo good and I liked him a lot. After seeing him perform in the Broadway Boys gig it made me wanna see him in ABz!!!
Updated On: 7/10/05 at 11:45 PM

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#7re: Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler
Posted: 7/10/05 at 11:53pm

I was at the night show. What an emotional rollercoaster. It was incredibly special.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#8re: Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler
Posted: 7/10/05 at 11:59pm

"Something About You- Alright Scott picked another blonde tonight."

Just wondering...
Have they ever picked a heavy-set girl to go on stage? What about brunettes? So far, I've only seen petite blondes.

TabooWickedFan
#9re: Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler
Posted: 7/11/05 at 12:06am

NYCBWAYFan24 what did you look like maybe I saw you too, i must have. I was the girl with sunglasses on her head in a pink shirt and green skirt.

bwaylyric- I personally haven't seen him pick brunettes I have just seen blondes. But he doesn't pick people he knows or recognizes. He goes for the girly girls who look a tad shy. Hope that helps

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#10re: Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler
Posted: 7/11/05 at 12:12am

A few weeks ago he actually did pick someone he knew. It was a friend of his from high school.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

TabooWickedFan
#11re: Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler
Posted: 7/11/05 at 12:30am

aww really? thats super sweet. I just know that i went for my birthday and I was joking with him about why he couldn't pick a birthday girl and he is like I couldn't pick you because I know you. Also if you wear merchandise from the show he will not pick you either.

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#12re: Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler
Posted: 7/11/05 at 2:01pm

saw the evening performance it was so hearbreaking seeing them cry. I Believe was especially heartfelt last night. Well g'luck to the boyz in their new endevors and g'luck to the newbies!!! I'll post more when im not on timed library time!!!

NYCBWAYFan24
#13re: Altar Boyz July 10th Matinee *Last Day for Daniel and Tyler
Posted: 7/12/05 at 9:12pm

Hey TabooWickedFan I was in jean capris with a pink tank top with small jewels on them. I'm Asian to if that helps hehe... Oh yeah I had a white bag with orange writing on it to hehe...