thirdrowcenter
#50re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 10:30am

Noises Off

seymour krelborn Profile Photo
seymour krelborn
#51re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 10:36am

Cats! (if Buckley was in it when I saw it I would have stayed but she was not)

Kicks8567
#52re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 10:36am

The Rivals

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#53re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 10:56am

was the high school SEUSSICAL in westchester?

Mind is Mantra.
Updated On: 7/22/05 at 10:56 AM

Broadwaychick88 Profile Photo
Broadwaychick88
#54re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 10:56am

I have never walked out on a show.

But my friends parents went to see Les Miserables and they walked out at intermisson! When my friend told me I was like "They are crazy!!!"

*To love another person is to see the face of God* *With sweet understanding! Seymour's my man!!*

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#55re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 10:59am

I almost walked out on Dessa Rose because I thought I'd die of boredom.

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#56re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 11:25am

I wanted to walk out on Rent. I only stayed because my friend was enjoying it. I just wasn't impressed. Maybe I was seeing a bad cast?

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

Jera Profile Photo
Jera
#57re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 11:55am

My grandparents walked out of The Producers because there was too much "Gay Humour". My grandparents are the single most homophobic couple that I know.

jera

"It's not a problem, it's just a challenge, it's a challenge, to resist temptation."

Forester Profile Photo
Forester
#58re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 11:59am

SING AFRICA DANCE: A NEPAD Musical

The 400 pages plus political document was more interesting then the musical.

http://singafricadance.co.za/

In case you're wondering what NEPAD is, it's an acronym for The New Partnership for Africa’s Development. Updated On: 7/22/05 at 11:59 AM

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#59re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 12:36pm

I left "Big River" at intermission. I would have walked out of Mamma Mia but all my friends were enjoying it, so I was stuck. Luckily, I dozed off for a good part of the second act...

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

#60re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 12:46pm

Big! What a big, boring mess.

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#61re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 12:53pm

OK so maybe I should change my statement, The shows that I wouldnt WANT to go see are Q and SPelling Bee, Ive LISTENED to both albums and I didn't like either, therefore if I went I would most likely walk out at intermission, does that satisfy you? I'm sorry if I don't like the same things or have the same oppinions as you, but pelase don't try to bring me down for them, honestly, if anyone was close minded on the board it would be you for even posting that.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#62re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 1:22pm

Strangely enough, i *loved* Avenue Q and *hated* Spelling Bee. Go figure...

I have never and will never walk out on a broadway show. I am obsessed with the flops and LOVE to see these train wrecks happening right before my eyes. No wonder I enjoyed The Blonde in the Thunderbird!

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#63re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 3:07pm

I have only walked out of two shows:

AIDA- just hated it.

Scarlet Pimpernel- I couldn't sit through Doug Sills doing his gay minstrel show bit.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#64re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 3:38pm

MOVIN OUT-LION KING-THE PRODUCERS-CATS-LES MISERABLES

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#65re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 4:01pm

well..defying EDCT is completely entitled to his opinions, if he didnt' like the shows, then thats why he didnt like, personally i agree with everyone about ticket prices, I could never walk out after paying anything for a show, i'm cheap like that...but shows i didnt like all that much were "the producers" and a regional production of "Waiting for Godot" god, i hope no one ever has to suffer through that again!

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#66re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 4:06pm

Really Dottie? What was so bad about it? I didn't see it, but I like the album.

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

LuvBroadwayHugs
#67re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 4:12pm

If the kind people I got the tickets from weren't sitting in front of me, I would have had absolutely no problem leaving Lennon @ intermission. But I felt bad because we got tickets from these nice people so we stayed and I got a nice nap out of the second half.

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#68re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 4:40pm

OH GOD DONT GET ME STARTED ON WAITING FOR GODOTTTTTt

mizzie Profile Photo
mizzie
#69re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 5:34pm

When I saw Forbidden Broadway SVU, two older women walked out near the beginning of act two. Yowza! The ladies were in the front row, and the theatre is incredibly small, so the actors must have felt terrible -or amused, as I certainly was!

mizzieôô

superstarjpp Profile Photo
superstarjpp
#70re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 8:10pm

dont freak out emo_geek

superstarjpp Profile Photo
superstarjpp
#71re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 10:27pm

Actually I don't know if many theatres have done this show but Day of Absence. The play is amazing, but the director tried to make it this really abstract, complicated thing, when it wasn't at all. The issue is clear to the audience without screwing with it

joniray
#72re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 11:00pm

"OK so maybe I should change my statement, The shows that I wouldnt WANT to go see are Q and SPelling Bee, Ive LISTENED to both albums and I didn't like either, therefore if I went I would most likely walk out at intermission, does that satisfy you?"

Not me, not really. Listening to a cast album just doesn't give you the full experience of the show including hearing the songs in context - in the world of the show. There have been quite a few shows that I heard the cast album for first and didn't care for it at all and then, when I actually saw the show, became completely captivated by it and went back to the CD with a new perspective on the score. There have been shows that I've loved the cast album and then found when I saw the show that the songs didn’t really work for me in the context of the show.

So I don't think it is fair to say that you would "probably" walk out of the show when you really haven't experienced the actual show. Personally, I'm not a huge Ave Q fan, and I certainly have no desire to own the recording since I think listening to those songs outside of the context of the show would drive me batty. But overall, the show as a whole works very well and I can't imagine someone not being at least mildly entertained by it as an actual "live" entertainment. I like Spelling Bee quite a bit, but I think I would be hesitant if I knew it only from the recording since (although I'm a huge William Finn fan), I think the score is the weakest part of the show.

Yes, yes, it's your opinion and you can say whatever you want and blah, blah, but personally, if I were thinking about seeing a show and you said to me something like "I heard the CD and I think I would walk out of it if I saw it" I don't think I would give too much weight to your opinion.

And that's just my opinion.

Updated On: 7/22/05 at 11:00 PM

#73re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 11:02pm

I have never walked out of a show but came extreamly close during a high school production of "they're playing our song" this past year! But thought better of actualy walking out because I would feel guilty, if someone walked out on a show i was in i wouldnt feel too great. I choose to suffer through instead. It make me feel sad jnowing they put so much work into a not so great performance.
~~EM~~

#74re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 11:17pm

I can see walking out of a high school or regional prodcution but why a Broadway show- you pay all this money to stay half way thru or not even in some cases and then leave wasting a good 100 bucks. I think thats a waste of money- if you think you wont like the show with even a feeling of dislike then dont go it. Simple as that.